Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Honest opinion of Undertale?
1 2 3 4 5 6
If you don't like the Bullet Hell Trope then you'll most likely be more frustrated with the game than anything.

I KNOW I WAS.
If you don't like the Bullet Hell Trope then you'll most likely be more frustrated with the game than anything.

I KNOW I WAS.
a3c5lWN.png
I went into Undertale completely blind mind you, so I'll just start with that. My friend literally just sent me a copy and we agreed we'd both play it to see what the deal was. It hooked me from the very beginning and I had the ability to experience everything for myself. Which I think tbh is the best way to get into anything, especially this.

Undertale is my favorite game. not going to lie here so my opinion might be a bit biased. I don't really understand why people say it and Earthbound are the same game, but that might be because I thought EB was 'eh' at best.

I sat down and played the game start to finish, no breaks, no restarting, and it took me about 8 hours at the most. I went back and played it three more times in the span of about five days. The story is funny, I agree that the character's are goofy. But that's INTENTIONAL and good and fun. It is a game about humor after all. People are STILL finding secrets in the games files, so each time you play the game it can change the path.

As for the fandom, I never really understood why people cited this as a reason to hate a game? Just play the game. Ignore the fandom if you must. You'll miss out on some amazing art and music and interpretation I think but that's pretty much it. But this is all just my onion so take it as you will.

I wish you luck playing the game!
I went into Undertale completely blind mind you, so I'll just start with that. My friend literally just sent me a copy and we agreed we'd both play it to see what the deal was. It hooked me from the very beginning and I had the ability to experience everything for myself. Which I think tbh is the best way to get into anything, especially this.

Undertale is my favorite game. not going to lie here so my opinion might be a bit biased. I don't really understand why people say it and Earthbound are the same game, but that might be because I thought EB was 'eh' at best.

I sat down and played the game start to finish, no breaks, no restarting, and it took me about 8 hours at the most. I went back and played it three more times in the span of about five days. The story is funny, I agree that the character's are goofy. But that's INTENTIONAL and good and fun. It is a game about humor after all. People are STILL finding secrets in the games files, so each time you play the game it can change the path.

As for the fandom, I never really understood why people cited this as a reason to hate a game? Just play the game. Ignore the fandom if you must. You'll miss out on some amazing art and music and interpretation I think but that's pretty much it. But this is all just my onion so take it as you will.

I wish you luck playing the game!
It is worth it just to reach the final boss. That. Was. Incredible.
It is worth it just to reach the final boss. That. Was. Incredible.
IMG-2023-08-05-124048.jpg
[quote name="Juba" date=2016-01-19 23:37:25] [quote name="WreckandRule" date=2016-01-19 14:48:36] I want it to go away xD [/quote] [/quote]
Juba wrote on 2016-01-19:
WreckandRule wrote on 2016-01-19:
I want it to go away xD
who up rising they flight
ngl i wasnt really going to say anything but i looked through the comments and like.....how can a game like undertale not be worth ten dollars?

its an indie game with tons of replayability, a gorgeous soundtrack, what must've been years worth of development and coding (i think it took the team 2 years actually), beautiful art, a unique battle system, an immersive storyline, all multi-faceted and sympathetic characters (yes even the killer psychopathic flower) and a commentary on completionist gamer mentality

you dont even have to like it, obviously the style is not for everyone and that's perfectly fine, but im just really in shock that we're devaluing someone's hard work and creation so much that it's not even worth the price of a meal at a fast food restaurant. amazing.
ngl i wasnt really going to say anything but i looked through the comments and like.....how can a game like undertale not be worth ten dollars?

its an indie game with tons of replayability, a gorgeous soundtrack, what must've been years worth of development and coding (i think it took the team 2 years actually), beautiful art, a unique battle system, an immersive storyline, all multi-faceted and sympathetic characters (yes even the killer psychopathic flower) and a commentary on completionist gamer mentality

you dont even have to like it, obviously the style is not for everyone and that's perfectly fine, but im just really in shock that we're devaluing someone's hard work and creation so much that it's not even worth the price of a meal at a fast food restaurant. amazing.
ginger_by_nevusse-daaupff.png
[quote name="katzentai" date=2016-01-21 20:00:52] ngl i wasnt really going to say anything but i looked through the comments and like.....how can a game like undertale not be worth ten dollars? its an indie game with tons of replayability, a gorgeous soundtrack, what must've been years worth of development and coding (i think it took the team 2 years actually), beautiful art, a unique battle system, an immersive storyline, all multi-faceted and sympathetic characters (yes even the killer psychopathic flower) and a commentary on completionist gamer mentality you dont even have to like it, obviously the style is not for everyone and that's perfectly fine, but im just really in shock that we're devaluing someone's hard work and creation so much that it's not even worth the price of a meal at a fast food restaurant. amazing. [/quote] This is something I don't really get either. The mentality as a whole, that is, not just regarding UT. A movie will run you $14 for 1-3 hours of entertainment, most hobbies will run you hundreds, and an 8 hour game isn't worth $10 even? That's $1.25/hour entertainment. I'm certainly biased because I'm going into game dev (software engineering, full disclosure there), but video games give so much bang for your buck... before developers put in hours of padding because people refuse to pay for a game if it's less than 20 hours long. :') That's a salt-filled topic I could rant on for days about, though. To answer OP, I do highly recommend UT. Even if it's not your thing, it's a fresh take on old game genres with new ideas, the innovation is enough to make it worth a look. I'm someone who plays a lot of games because of what I do, and it definitely helped me break out of a rut I was having. Feels like new possibilities were opened up. This is probably why people cling to it and hype it up tbh, it's a genuinely inspiring game to a lot of people. Definitely go into it blind, though. Experiencing it for yourself is much better.
katzentai wrote on 2016-01-21:

This is something I don't really get either. The mentality as a whole, that is, not just regarding UT. A movie will run you $14 for 1-3 hours of entertainment, most hobbies will run you hundreds, and an 8 hour game isn't worth $10 even? That's $1.25/hour entertainment. I'm certainly biased because I'm going into game dev (software engineering, full disclosure there), but video games give so much bang for your buck... before developers put in hours of padding because people refuse to pay for a game if it's less than 20 hours long. :') That's a salt-filled topic I could rant on for days about, though.

To answer OP, I do highly recommend UT. Even if it's not your thing, it's a fresh take on old game genres with new ideas, the innovation is enough to make it worth a look. I'm someone who plays a lot of games because of what I do, and it definitely helped me break out of a rut I was having. Feels like new possibilities were opened up. This is probably why people cling to it and hype it up tbh, it's a genuinely inspiring game to a lot of people.

Definitely go into it blind, though. Experiencing it for yourself is much better.
b6b79395300f38d126815a735af03192.pngtumblr_nkoy2v68mq1sjcj33o1_250.gif
Honestly? I hated it.

Until I actually played the game. (I already knew all of the characters and most spoilers, thanks to the fanbase being everywhere.) Tbh, it's a pretty good game.
Honestly? I hated it.

Until I actually played the game. (I already knew all of the characters and most spoilers, thanks to the fanbase being everywhere.) Tbh, it's a pretty good game.
____

fr +1 | she/they
skins | adopts
xJIb1S3.png
I like how Touhou inspired it seems to be? I'm not entirely sure if its intentional but the soundtrack and danmaku parts of the combat system seem heavily Touhou-esque.

Maybe I'm just a nerd.

I also really love the characters and find them all to be unique and creative in their own ways which is always important to me personally.
I like how Touhou inspired it seems to be? I'm not entirely sure if its intentional but the soundtrack and danmaku parts of the combat system seem heavily Touhou-esque.

Maybe I'm just a nerd.

I also really love the characters and find them all to be unique and creative in their own ways which is always important to me personally.
YAInbwx.gif lynn
any prons | fr +3
toyhou.se | carrd
I thought it was really good! I don't get why some people think it's not worth the money, because that's extremely cheap for such a well made game!

If you're looking for a good story, something that will invoke emotion in you, you'll find it here. It managed to get a whole bunch of emotions out of me. First time going in blind, I was amazed, and with some of the characters, I was laughing so much. It's not super easy to make me laugh a ton, either.
I thought it was really good! I don't get why some people think it's not worth the money, because that's extremely cheap for such a well made game!

If you're looking for a good story, something that will invoke emotion in you, you'll find it here. It managed to get a whole bunch of emotions out of me. First time going in blind, I was amazed, and with some of the characters, I was laughing so much. It's not super easy to make me laugh a ton, either.
I was not expecting to like it as much as i do :) i was going in mostly blind, as i have seen some of the characters on the internet.

i also think it is the price worth , the battle system is fun, it have a good story, amazing soundtrack and great characters .

I was not expecting to like it as much as i do :) i was going in mostly blind, as i have seen some of the characters on the internet.

i also think it is the price worth , the battle system is fun, it have a good story, amazing soundtrack and great characters .

8dsj61d.png
1 2 3 4 5 6