Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Sound Horizon/Tales of fans?
1 2
@Moonflower2
Yeah I thought about importing the ps3 version too but price and the fact that its only in Japanese with no English subtitles kinda prevents me from getting it. I only understand a little Japanese so I can't justify importing a game like Tales of that has a lot of story and character interaction when I'm not gonna understand it without a guide/translated story script. (It seems to loose impact when you've got to look it up rather than experience it right as you play it.)

Yeah I think thats one of the reasons Yuri is so popular. (He was so popular they had to ban him from the official Tales of polls that they conduct for favorite character.) Well your right Emil certainly had a reason for that, lol. There is nothing wrong with the naive unworldly archetype but it was nice to play one where that isn't the main MC. Technically Ludger didn't fit that archetype either but since he was a (semi) silent protagonist it didn't really come across that he was not.

Sorey's alt color is pretty awesome too but I stuck him in the God Eater costume and never changed, lol. All of the alt colors are pretty nice but its kinda sad that they didn't add more into the game.

@crimyami
Oh! So that is what it is, I did a google search and wasn't sure if that was the right thing or not. I kinda thought it was supposed to be a game. *shrugs*
Thanks for explaining, that does sound interesting I'll have to give it a try.

Yeah we are pretty rare for liking them. I don't really get why more people don't. Though Edna seems to have gotten more popular. Thanks its good to know I'm not too weird for liking so many of the characters. ;P
@Moonflower2
Yeah I thought about importing the ps3 version too but price and the fact that its only in Japanese with no English subtitles kinda prevents me from getting it. I only understand a little Japanese so I can't justify importing a game like Tales of that has a lot of story and character interaction when I'm not gonna understand it without a guide/translated story script. (It seems to loose impact when you've got to look it up rather than experience it right as you play it.)

Yeah I think thats one of the reasons Yuri is so popular. (He was so popular they had to ban him from the official Tales of polls that they conduct for favorite character.) Well your right Emil certainly had a reason for that, lol. There is nothing wrong with the naive unworldly archetype but it was nice to play one where that isn't the main MC. Technically Ludger didn't fit that archetype either but since he was a (semi) silent protagonist it didn't really come across that he was not.

Sorey's alt color is pretty awesome too but I stuck him in the God Eater costume and never changed, lol. All of the alt colors are pretty nice but its kinda sad that they didn't add more into the game.

@crimyami
Oh! So that is what it is, I did a google search and wasn't sure if that was the right thing or not. I kinda thought it was supposed to be a game. *shrugs*
Thanks for explaining, that does sound interesting I'll have to give it a try.

Yeah we are pretty rare for liking them. I don't really get why more people don't. Though Edna seems to have gotten more popular. Thanks its good to know I'm not too weird for liking so many of the characters. ;P
I will buy Insects, PM me.
f5IQTkD.png
@moonflower2 yeah, like other people pointed out Yuri is great because he's so, adult about all the situations that arise. He doesn't do the "oh no! What are we gonna do?! Oh noes!" He's calm, cool, and professional. It also helps he's voiced by Troy Baker in the English version ;)
I also like how Vesperia seems to be a bit more adult? The game tackles some serious topics very well and it was the first JRPG I played that did so.
I also really like the Mage character Rita. She fights with scarfs and chains she infused with aer (magic) to harden them into blades. When she casts spells you see her trace symbols in the air which I always thought was really cool!
@moonflower2 yeah, like other people pointed out Yuri is great because he's so, adult about all the situations that arise. He doesn't do the "oh no! What are we gonna do?! Oh noes!" He's calm, cool, and professional. It also helps he's voiced by Troy Baker in the English version ;)
I also like how Vesperia seems to be a bit more adult? The game tackles some serious topics very well and it was the first JRPG I played that did so.
I also really like the Mage character Rita. She fights with scarfs and chains she infused with aer (magic) to harden them into blades. When she casts spells you see her trace symbols in the air which I always thought was really cool!
S9GIMwM.pngyKp0KRf.png8Wxihjh.gif
@Nysander

Sound Horizon Channel They havea lot of the serious up and all together if you want to look at something there. I've fallen in love with the group and the stories they have done.

People look at JRPG and think of Final Fantasy while Tales is a bit different from what they are use too and think of. So it takes a lot and there's not a lot of promotions that go with Tales over here as there is with Final fantasy which doesn't help either. I loved Xillia along with Symphonia, tbh Gaius voice actor (Japanese one) sold me on him then I played it and I was just like gkhafkjgh this is the one for me. XD Gaius is a precious one to me.

@Moonflower2

Mikelo is!! Such a Tsundere and then if he's with Sorey and Sorey gangs up on him too it's just cute. Then you have when Edna pokes him with her fan that is fun tbh. I like the dynamic of it all and how things connected. There will be sadness though, I should warn you and just ouch. Why do we like things that have sadness in them? I think this is a trend, lol.
@Nysander

Sound Horizon Channel They havea lot of the serious up and all together if you want to look at something there. I've fallen in love with the group and the stories they have done.

People look at JRPG and think of Final Fantasy while Tales is a bit different from what they are use too and think of. So it takes a lot and there's not a lot of promotions that go with Tales over here as there is with Final fantasy which doesn't help either. I loved Xillia along with Symphonia, tbh Gaius voice actor (Japanese one) sold me on him then I played it and I was just like gkhafkjgh this is the one for me. XD Gaius is a precious one to me.

@Moonflower2

Mikelo is!! Such a Tsundere and then if he's with Sorey and Sorey gangs up on him too it's just cute. Then you have when Edna pokes him with her fan that is fun tbh. I like the dynamic of it all and how things connected. There will be sadness though, I should warn you and just ouch. Why do we like things that have sadness in them? I think this is a trend, lol.
@Nysander
Yeah, I am with you on that one. I don't know much Japanese and most Japanese games I have are on PSP. Thus I play them blindly. So far I came to understand what was needed, but it kind of sucks because I don't know what they're even talking about.

Lol! I heard about that when they had to take him off the poll. I think that happened with a few characters, didn't it? Obviously some of these characters would win just from sheer popularity with their fanbase. No brainer!

Really? Huh, so they didn't add many costumes to the game? That's one of the many things I like about the games is putting people in costumes for my amusement. Either way, I'm sure I will come to like some of the costumes.

@Selnyam

Troy Baker you say? Even better! That sounds pretty awesome that the game is adult and focuses more on serious topics at hand. It might feel different for me but I am sure I will love it whenever I get to play it. I like Rita's design. She looks like a cute nerdy girl with a side of kick butt. Her fighting style sounds so unique it certainly caught my interest.

@crimyami

Oh gosh. That sounds adorable. I'm loving Mikleo already. I'm gonna add him to my top favourite even if I haven't played the game yet. (He's so handsome looking too.)
@Nysander
Yeah, I am with you on that one. I don't know much Japanese and most Japanese games I have are on PSP. Thus I play them blindly. So far I came to understand what was needed, but it kind of sucks because I don't know what they're even talking about.

Lol! I heard about that when they had to take him off the poll. I think that happened with a few characters, didn't it? Obviously some of these characters would win just from sheer popularity with their fanbase. No brainer!

Really? Huh, so they didn't add many costumes to the game? That's one of the many things I like about the games is putting people in costumes for my amusement. Either way, I'm sure I will come to like some of the costumes.

@Selnyam

Troy Baker you say? Even better! That sounds pretty awesome that the game is adult and focuses more on serious topics at hand. It might feel different for me but I am sure I will love it whenever I get to play it. I like Rita's design. She looks like a cute nerdy girl with a side of kick butt. Her fighting style sounds so unique it certainly caught my interest.

@crimyami

Oh gosh. That sounds adorable. I'm loving Mikleo already. I'm gonna add him to my top favourite even if I haven't played the game yet. (He's so handsome looking too.)
Have you seen what I'm trying to find,
I've been looking far and wide.

FkQrEyY.jpg

High and low, low and high,
In the dark, can't find the light.
Tales of
Fav Tales of game: Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World, abyss, and Zestiria

Sound Horizon
Fav album: I hum NEIN often and sing alot of marchen. Luv luv Moira and roman
Tales of
Fav Tales of game: Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World, abyss, and Zestiria

Sound Horizon
Fav album: I hum NEIN often and sing alot of marchen. Luv luv Moira and roman
windleft_zpsojegxxo1.pngtumblr_inline_nfv9nvxqIW1t5mdo6.pngwindright_zpsee23nxkw.png
1 2