Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Genes
So I have two starter (first gen) dragons.
How do I get other genes besides Basic for their offspring?
(without having to breed with dragons that have other genes)

is there some sort of potion or something that i can use to get more genes?
So I have two starter (first gen) dragons.
How do I get other genes besides Basic for their offspring?
(without having to breed with dragons that have other genes)

is there some sort of potion or something that i can use to get more genes?
24y92mg.png12336959.png
@SpazzyJenny
If you go to the Marketplace and click on the Specialty tab at the top you can find several genes that you can use to customize the look of your dragons. These genes can be passed on to their hatchlings, although rarer genes have a lower chance of being passed on. Here is a thread which goes in-depth into the statistics of it.

Some genes are sold for treasure and some are sold for gems; you can switch between both stores by clicking either treasure or gems in the upper right of the Marketplace.

You can also purchase genes from other users on the Auction House.

The marketplace may not always have the gene you want in stock, so you sometimes have to wait for it to be restocked.

If you want to preview genes on your dragons you can check out the Predict Morphology section of the Scrying Workshop (located under Library on the left navigation).
@SpazzyJenny
If you go to the Marketplace and click on the Specialty tab at the top you can find several genes that you can use to customize the look of your dragons. These genes can be passed on to their hatchlings, although rarer genes have a lower chance of being passed on. Here is a thread which goes in-depth into the statistics of it.

Some genes are sold for treasure and some are sold for gems; you can switch between both stores by clicking either treasure or gems in the upper right of the Marketplace.

You can also purchase genes from other users on the Auction House.

The marketplace may not always have the gene you want in stock, so you sometimes have to wait for it to be restocked.

If you want to preview genes on your dragons you can check out the Predict Morphology section of the Scrying Workshop (located under Library on the left navigation).
@Pompeii
Thank you for answering! I understand now :)
@Pompeii
Thank you for answering! I understand now :)
24y92mg.png12336959.png
Excuse me, (I may sound very stupid asking this,) how do I use the custom genes scrolls once I have purchased them? ^^;
Excuse me, (I may sound very stupid asking this,) how do I use the custom genes scrolls once I have purchased them? ^^;
@Shockwavve

Hey there.

You can Navigate to your Hoard,, click "Other," and select it from the Hoard page. A list of your dragons will pop up, just click the one you'd like to Gene and confirm the change! Be aware that the scroll will disappear once it's used, so be sure that you select the right dragon.

Also, just as a heads up, it's against the Forum Code of Conduct to post on a thread that hasn't had any activity for more than three months. Even though I'm sure you were trying to avoid asking the same question more than once, it would have been just fine to make a separate thread in this case. =)
@Shockwavve

Hey there.

You can Navigate to your Hoard,, click "Other," and select it from the Hoard page. A list of your dragons will pop up, just click the one you'd like to Gene and confirm the change! Be aware that the scroll will disappear once it's used, so be sure that you select the right dragon.

Also, just as a heads up, it's against the Forum Code of Conduct to post on a thread that hasn't had any activity for more than three months. Even though I'm sure you were trying to avoid asking the same question more than once, it would have been just fine to make a separate thread in this case. =)
15evlog.jpg
@Chimeric Sorry about that, I... Also don't know how to make a separate thread ^^;

But I will remember that!

Thanks for the tip! Time to customize my starter dragons xD
@Chimeric Sorry about that, I... Also don't know how to make a separate thread ^^;

But I will remember that!

Thanks for the tip! Time to customize my starter dragons xD
@Shockwavve Look for the 'New Topic' button on the top right of most forum pages, it'll start a new thread in whatever section of the forums you're in. You can also try posting in the Tiny Little Questions or FAQs and Answers threads stickied at the top of the Help Center if you don't want to start a whole new topic.
@Shockwavve Look for the 'New Topic' button on the top right of most forum pages, it'll start a new thread in whatever section of the forums you're in. You can also try posting in the Tiny Little Questions or FAQs and Answers threads stickied at the top of the Help Center if you don't want to start a whole new topic.
@Cynictis Thanks so much! I'll be sure to keep that in mind so I don't accidentally break the rules again ^^;
@Cynictis Thanks so much! I'll be sure to keep that in mind so I don't accidentally break the rules again ^^;