Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I'm new...help?
I can't figure out how to get new dragons. Do I just keep breeding and hatching until something special happens? Or do I have to buy from other users?
I can't figure out how to get new dragons. Do I just keep breeding and hatching until something special happens? Or do I have to buy from other users?
@LittleYellowLion

Hello there! You can breed your current dragons to get new hatchlings, yeah! Otherwise, generally you buy dragons. You can do this at the Auction House (see the left sidebar), or privately using the Crossroads (left sidebar also) in a way that's usually arranged through the forums here (either your flight's Sales forum or the general Dragon Sales Forum). I think most flights have lots of users who like to give newbies free dragons, so do check your flight's forum first to see if anyone is doing giveaways.

Usually, though, you buy. A cheap dragon can be anywhere from around 4,000 treasure to 10,000 treasure. You can get money a couple ways - playing the minigames at the Fairgrounds, selling items from your Hoard or at the Auction House (and you most easily get new items by battling at the Coliseum).
@LittleYellowLion

Hello there! You can breed your current dragons to get new hatchlings, yeah! Otherwise, generally you buy dragons. You can do this at the Auction House (see the left sidebar), or privately using the Crossroads (left sidebar also) in a way that's usually arranged through the forums here (either your flight's Sales forum or the general Dragon Sales Forum). I think most flights have lots of users who like to give newbies free dragons, so do check your flight's forum first to see if anyone is doing giveaways.

Usually, though, you buy. A cheap dragon can be anywhere from around 4,000 treasure to 10,000 treasure. You can get money a couple ways - playing the minigames at the Fairgrounds, selling items from your Hoard or at the Auction House (and you most easily get new items by battling at the Coliseum).
@LittleYellowLion

Such questions usually belong into the help forum.

But yes all dragons usually are either breed by you or by other users. You can buy, trade or adopt dragons from other users easily with the forums and the AH.

The only way of getting dragons that were not breed by anyone if your Progens (the dragons you started with) and the first gens that come from unhatched eggs. The unhatched eggs are a rare item that is found while scavenging or playing in the coliseum. But they are really rare and the dragons you hatch will be starter breeds and only have the basic gene.
So 99% of the time you are better of buying cheap good looking dragons from the auction house.
@LittleYellowLion

Such questions usually belong into the help forum.

But yes all dragons usually are either breed by you or by other users. You can buy, trade or adopt dragons from other users easily with the forums and the AH.

The only way of getting dragons that were not breed by anyone if your Progens (the dragons you started with) and the first gens that come from unhatched eggs. The unhatched eggs are a rare item that is found while scavenging or playing in the coliseum. But they are really rare and the dragons you hatch will be starter breeds and only have the basic gene.
So 99% of the time you are better of buying cheap good looking dragons from the auction house.
@LittleYellowLion

Actually to get you started, I just sent you a male Coatl dragon through the Crossroads. :) If you want him, feel free to accept! He's even ready to breed so if you find a female dragon that's also ready to breed, you could go ahead and breed them right away.
@LittleYellowLion

Actually to get you started, I just sent you a male Coatl dragon through the Crossroads. :) If you want him, feel free to accept! He's even ready to breed so if you find a female dragon that's also ready to breed, you could go ahead and breed them right away.
Thank you, both of you!
Next time I'll try to seek out the help forum...thanks a ton though!!!
Thank you, both of you!
Next time I'll try to seek out the help forum...thanks a ton though!!!
@littleyellowlion sent you a dargon! She's ready to breed if you want her.
@littleyellowlion sent you a dargon! She's ready to breed if you want her.