Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Sound Horizon/Tales of fans?
1 2
Hello! Are there any Sound Horizon or Tales of fans out there? I put these two together in one topic so I wouldn't feel guilty for 'spamming' the forums.

If you are a fan of both or either, who is your favourite character? Favourite game? Or favourite soundtrack?
Mine are:

Tales of
Fav Tales of game: Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World
Fav Tales of character(s): Emil Castagnier, Ratatosk, Spada Belforma, Ange Serena, Jay the Unseen and Colette Brunel.

Sound Horizon
Fav album: All of them, to be honest. I can't pick. I like Märchen, Moira, Seisen no Iberia, NEIN, Roman and... yep. All of them.
Fav character: Oh gosh. This is also a hard choice. I personally like all of the characters,but my most favourite would have to be Elisabeth von Wettin. I feel like I connected with her the most. I also have a soft spot for Layla.

So, what about you guys?
Hello! Are there any Sound Horizon or Tales of fans out there? I put these two together in one topic so I wouldn't feel guilty for 'spamming' the forums.

If you are a fan of both or either, who is your favourite character? Favourite game? Or favourite soundtrack?
Mine are:

Tales of
Fav Tales of game: Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World
Fav Tales of character(s): Emil Castagnier, Ratatosk, Spada Belforma, Ange Serena, Jay the Unseen and Colette Brunel.

Sound Horizon
Fav album: All of them, to be honest. I can't pick. I like Märchen, Moira, Seisen no Iberia, NEIN, Roman and... yep. All of them.
Fav character: Oh gosh. This is also a hard choice. I personally like all of the characters,but my most favourite would have to be Elisabeth von Wettin. I feel like I connected with her the most. I also have a soft spot for Layla.

So, what about you guys?
Have you seen what I'm trying to find,
I've been looking far and wide.

FkQrEyY.jpg

High and low, low and high,
In the dark, can't find the light.
Total fan of both of them, I love the Tales of series because of the things it teaches and just the feelings you get with it.
Sound Horizon is awesome too because you're listening to some of your favorite stories with twists to them. Plus the beautiful voices for singing on the sound Horizon crew.

Tales of
Fav Tales of Games: Tales of Xillia, and Tales of Symphonia
Fav Tales of Characters: Colette Brunel, Pascal, Milla Maxwell, Gaius, Agria, Edna

Sound Horizon:
Fav Album: Moira, Seisen no Iberia, Märchen
Fav Character: I like a few more than the rest but they are all really good characters.. I guess it would be Misia (Moira) and Elef (Moira).
I dunno what it is but the two twins just win my heart more than anyone else. Fate and Death, life and death.. it's just marvelous how they intertwine in the two.
Total fan of both of them, I love the Tales of series because of the things it teaches and just the feelings you get with it.
Sound Horizon is awesome too because you're listening to some of your favorite stories with twists to them. Plus the beautiful voices for singing on the sound Horizon crew.

Tales of
Fav Tales of Games: Tales of Xillia, and Tales of Symphonia
Fav Tales of Characters: Colette Brunel, Pascal, Milla Maxwell, Gaius, Agria, Edna

Sound Horizon:
Fav Album: Moira, Seisen no Iberia, Märchen
Fav Character: I like a few more than the rest but they are all really good characters.. I guess it would be Misia (Moira) and Elef (Moira).
I dunno what it is but the two twins just win my heart more than anyone else. Fate and Death, life and death.. it's just marvelous how they intertwine in the two.
@Moonflower2
Somewhere on this forum is/was a topic for Tales of...but I don't know where it is.

Tales of
Fav Tales of Games: Tales of Vesperia, Abyss, Symphonia and game play wise Tales of Xillia 2.
Fav Tales of Characters: Yuri, Rita, Ludger, Jude in X2, Gaius, Colette, Kratos, Sheena, Luke post hair cut, Tear, Sorey, Mikleo, and Edna.
I like a lot of people I can't help it.

I don't know what Sound Horizon is though, sorry. Maybe I should look it up?
@Moonflower2
Somewhere on this forum is/was a topic for Tales of...but I don't know where it is.

Tales of
Fav Tales of Games: Tales of Vesperia, Abyss, Symphonia and game play wise Tales of Xillia 2.
Fav Tales of Characters: Yuri, Rita, Ludger, Jude in X2, Gaius, Colette, Kratos, Sheena, Luke post hair cut, Tear, Sorey, Mikleo, and Edna.
I like a lot of people I can't help it.

I don't know what Sound Horizon is though, sorry. Maybe I should look it up?
I will buy Insects, PM me.
f5IQTkD.png
I love the Tales series! My wife and I play them all the time. I could go on and on but typing is hard on my phone...

Favourite tales game:
Vesperia overall, there's just so much I love in there!
Graces f for the skits and character interaction. It was also the first one my wife and I played together!
Destiny because it was my first, and my intro to the series!

Characters.
Yuri and Repede, for being so freaking awesome, Sophie because she's so adorable and sweet, and Pascal because... Well... Pascal.

@moonflower2
I love the Tales series! My wife and I play them all the time. I could go on and on but typing is hard on my phone...

Favourite tales game:
Vesperia overall, there's just so much I love in there!
Graces f for the skits and character interaction. It was also the first one my wife and I played together!
Destiny because it was my first, and my intro to the series!

Characters.
Yuri and Repede, for being so freaking awesome, Sophie because she's so adorable and sweet, and Pascal because... Well... Pascal.

@moonflower2
S9GIMwM.pngyKp0KRf.png8Wxihjh.gif
Sorry for the late reply guys! Something happened that I had to take care of and disappear for a while.

@crimyami

Agreed! I do like Misia and Elef as well as they had a really unique story. I couldn't imagine being involved with something with a god and goddess. Kudos to them! Even if there was a tragedy that had happened. Revo is an amazing writer and composer if I do say so myself. I am looking forward to what he has planned for in the future.

@Nysander

There was? I wonder where it went. Maybe I will search deep in the forum abyss to find it! lol.

I really want to play Vesperia because it looked really good. Yet I don't have the console for it. I did hear that it was good from other friends who played it. What is your opinion on it? Oh man, I have Tales of Zestiria but have yet to play it. But for some reason I am highly attracted to Mikleo. I suppose I have a feeling I will really like him.

It's okay if you don't know what Sound Horizon is. You may look it up if you like. It's pretty much story concerts with beautifully written music and stories. I suppose one would have to have a particular taste for this music, but it is all very good.

@Selnyam
Yep. I definitely need to play Vesperia! I am seeing a lot about it. But like I said, I don't have the console for it. I will play it eventually, though. Just not sure when! What is one thing you like about it?

Aw! That is so sweet! Tales of Graces F is amazing as well. I agree with you that Sophie is rather adorable and Pascal is amazing because she's... Pascal. Everything about her is so cute and funny. (Not to mention I like her hair. That might be weird but hey! It's cute).

Thank you all for replying!
Sorry for the late reply guys! Something happened that I had to take care of and disappear for a while.

@crimyami

Agreed! I do like Misia and Elef as well as they had a really unique story. I couldn't imagine being involved with something with a god and goddess. Kudos to them! Even if there was a tragedy that had happened. Revo is an amazing writer and composer if I do say so myself. I am looking forward to what he has planned for in the future.

@Nysander

There was? I wonder where it went. Maybe I will search deep in the forum abyss to find it! lol.

I really want to play Vesperia because it looked really good. Yet I don't have the console for it. I did hear that it was good from other friends who played it. What is your opinion on it? Oh man, I have Tales of Zestiria but have yet to play it. But for some reason I am highly attracted to Mikleo. I suppose I have a feeling I will really like him.

It's okay if you don't know what Sound Horizon is. You may look it up if you like. It's pretty much story concerts with beautifully written music and stories. I suppose one would have to have a particular taste for this music, but it is all very good.

@Selnyam
Yep. I definitely need to play Vesperia! I am seeing a lot about it. But like I said, I don't have the console for it. I will play it eventually, though. Just not sure when! What is one thing you like about it?

Aw! That is so sweet! Tales of Graces F is amazing as well. I agree with you that Sophie is rather adorable and Pascal is amazing because she's... Pascal. Everything about her is so cute and funny. (Not to mention I like her hair. That might be weird but hey! It's cute).

Thank you all for replying!

FkQrEyY.jpg

@moonflower2 I love it for the characters, like Repede, the purple ninja dog who fights with a knife. and Yuri the main character is just so cool and awesome. it makes me happy. I can't go into too many details without being major spoilers..
@moonflower2 I love it for the characters, like Repede, the purple ninja dog who fights with a knife. and Yuri the main character is just so cool and awesome. it makes me happy. I can't go into too many details without being major spoilers..
S9GIMwM.pngyKp0KRf.png8Wxihjh.gif
@Moonflower2
There was, I remember talking to a couple of others who had played Vesperia as well. I bought a 360 just to play it when it came out. (I got other games for that system later and liked it rather well.) It always annoyed me that there was a later PS3 release of it in Japan with added extra story content and characters that was never released anywhere else. I would have preferred that version. (maybe they'll upscale it and port it to PS4 one day)

Oh it was a good game, the game play itself was a bit slower compared to newer titles but was still fun to play. The characters were great though and had great interactions and skits through out. Yuri was an awesome main character and unlike many of the other protagonists in the tales series was militarily sword trained and had made it into a very flashy sword style, he also wasn't the standard naive unworldly boy protagonist.

Zestiria is fun you should play it. Its not the greatest but it is fun to play. The characters are a little flat compared to other tales series but are still quite likable. Mikleo is a bit of a tsundere but his interactions with Edna are hilarious. She likes to tease him quite a bit. (I like his alt costume color a lot more than his standard one, I need to replay it from the beginning with him in it.)
@Moonflower2
There was, I remember talking to a couple of others who had played Vesperia as well. I bought a 360 just to play it when it came out. (I got other games for that system later and liked it rather well.) It always annoyed me that there was a later PS3 release of it in Japan with added extra story content and characters that was never released anywhere else. I would have preferred that version. (maybe they'll upscale it and port it to PS4 one day)

Oh it was a good game, the game play itself was a bit slower compared to newer titles but was still fun to play. The characters were great though and had great interactions and skits through out. Yuri was an awesome main character and unlike many of the other protagonists in the tales series was militarily sword trained and had made it into a very flashy sword style, he also wasn't the standard naive unworldly boy protagonist.

Zestiria is fun you should play it. Its not the greatest but it is fun to play. The characters are a little flat compared to other tales series but are still quite likable. Mikleo is a bit of a tsundere but his interactions with Edna are hilarious. She likes to tease him quite a bit. (I like his alt costume color a lot more than his standard one, I need to replay it from the beginning with him in it.)
I will buy Insects, PM me.
f5IQTkD.png
@Selnyam
Repede looks adorable from what I have seen. I do find it neat that you get a dog companion that wields a knife with you on your journey. I'm curious as to how he got that way, so I will definitely have to get to playing it whenever I can. And it is fine to worry about the spoilers. I do try to avoid them.

@Nysander

Huh... I heard about the PS3 version and would love to get my hands on it, but I am afraid that it wouldn't play. But I'm more afraid of the price of the game plus the amount to ship it here to the US. I've seen some prices on games from Japan on Amazon and I did freak out a little. I know there's other places to get games from them at a decent price, but I forgot what sites they were.

Oh bless. Glad to know that Yuri isn't the standard naive boy protag. (Even though Emil might come out like that, I still love him to death. He had his reasons...) The more to play this game!

I will play it here eventually! Probably this weekend since I (hopefully) won't have much college work to do. So that's why I am attracted to Mikleo! He's a stubborn tsundere and for some reason I'm attracted to stubborn. I think Edna is cute and I think I will come to like her more if she teases Mikleo. (I will look up his alt costume color.)
@Selnyam
Repede looks adorable from what I have seen. I do find it neat that you get a dog companion that wields a knife with you on your journey. I'm curious as to how he got that way, so I will definitely have to get to playing it whenever I can. And it is fine to worry about the spoilers. I do try to avoid them.

@Nysander

Huh... I heard about the PS3 version and would love to get my hands on it, but I am afraid that it wouldn't play. But I'm more afraid of the price of the game plus the amount to ship it here to the US. I've seen some prices on games from Japan on Amazon and I did freak out a little. I know there's other places to get games from them at a decent price, but I forgot what sites they were.

Oh bless. Glad to know that Yuri isn't the standard naive boy protag. (Even though Emil might come out like that, I still love him to death. He had his reasons...) The more to play this game!

I will play it here eventually! Probably this weekend since I (hopefully) won't have much college work to do. So that's why I am attracted to Mikleo! He's a stubborn tsundere and for some reason I'm attracted to stubborn. I think Edna is cute and I think I will come to like her more if she teases Mikleo. (I will look up his alt costume color.)

FkQrEyY.jpg

@moonflower2

Yeah, Revo is a wonderful writer and composure. I need to listen to NIEN with translation again. That will be fun and interesting to see. Yes! To the future of Sound Horizon is going to be fun I believe!

I didn't know you hadn't played Zesti yet. You should tell me who your favorite is and everything after you play it some. It's different from the other tales games but I enjoyed it.

@Nysander

Sound Horizon is a Japanese Fantasy band that Revo is the songwriter/composure and most of his thing tells stories of what happened. Marchen is a story about a young girl and boy, their love and revenge including some of the grim fairy tales. While Moira CD is about a young boy and his twin sister and 'fate' and 'death'. NIEN is about cats.. I haven't gotten into that CD yet. There's several different ones in which Revo has done out fairy tails/myths/old stories and brought them to life in his own way of telling people. Some of them are underlined with dark things and some are really sweet. There's some of the CD/Performance on Youtube. They really are a great group, I love them. (it's all @moonflower2 fault that I fell in love with them.)

Another Gaius and Colette fan!! and Edna! Those are a few of my favorite! There's nothing wrong with loving tales people, the characters are all awesome.
@moonflower2

Yeah, Revo is a wonderful writer and composure. I need to listen to NIEN with translation again. That will be fun and interesting to see. Yes! To the future of Sound Horizon is going to be fun I believe!

I didn't know you hadn't played Zesti yet. You should tell me who your favorite is and everything after you play it some. It's different from the other tales games but I enjoyed it.

@Nysander

Sound Horizon is a Japanese Fantasy band that Revo is the songwriter/composure and most of his thing tells stories of what happened. Marchen is a story about a young girl and boy, their love and revenge including some of the grim fairy tales. While Moira CD is about a young boy and his twin sister and 'fate' and 'death'. NIEN is about cats.. I haven't gotten into that CD yet. There's several different ones in which Revo has done out fairy tails/myths/old stories and brought them to life in his own way of telling people. Some of them are underlined with dark things and some are really sweet. There's some of the CD/Performance on Youtube. They really are a great group, I love them. (it's all @moonflower2 fault that I fell in love with them.)

Another Gaius and Colette fan!! and Edna! Those are a few of my favorite! There's nothing wrong with loving tales people, the characters are all awesome.
@crimyami

NEIN starts out all happy and then you might get some feels. But when don't you ever get feels when listening to Sound Horizon? I believe so as well! Can't wait to see what else he can come up with.

I got it as a birthday gift from friends and I haven't really played it yet, because I am sure my laptop won't be able to handle it. So I've been meaning to set it up on the PC in the basement so I could play with better graphics and with less lag. For right now, it is sitting in my Steam library. Of course, I would need permission to upload steam on the desktop since that is originally my dad's computer. I will let you know! (Right now I still like Mikleo even though I hadn't played it yet. He's super cute and supposedly a tsundere. He's perfect.)
@crimyami

NEIN starts out all happy and then you might get some feels. But when don't you ever get feels when listening to Sound Horizon? I believe so as well! Can't wait to see what else he can come up with.

I got it as a birthday gift from friends and I haven't really played it yet, because I am sure my laptop won't be able to handle it. So I've been meaning to set it up on the PC in the basement so I could play with better graphics and with less lag. For right now, it is sitting in my Steam library. Of course, I would need permission to upload steam on the desktop since that is originally my dad's computer. I will let you know! (Right now I still like Mikleo even though I hadn't played it yet. He's super cute and supposedly a tsundere. He's perfect.)

FkQrEyY.jpg

1 2