Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Chances of hatching a unique dragon?
I hatched a dragon this morning, a female tundra, and I wanted to see what would she look like when she grew up by using [b]Dragon Search[/b] with her colors as search options, but the search only returned her as a search result. I cannot believe that with thousands of dragons out there I hatched a unique one?! Can it be true or Dragon Search isn't working properly? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=209888&tab=dragon&did=19946689][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/199467/19946689_350.png[/img][/url] [img]http://s21.postimg.org/lljy5v6tj/Screen_Clip.png[/img] [img]http://s1.postimg.org/ev3jqciu7/Screen_Clip_3.png[/img]
I hatched a dragon this morning, a female tundra, and I wanted to see what would she look like when she grew up by using Dragon Search with her colors as search options, but the search only returned her as a search result.

I cannot believe that with thousands of dragons out there I hatched a unique one?!

Can it be true or Dragon Search isn't working properly?

19946689_350.png

Screen_Clip.png
Screen_Clip_3.png
@deeria to see what she looks like when she grows up, use the scrying workshop.

and yes, she appears to be the only dragon with her gene/color combo, BUT there are 23 total dragons with her colors, so not unique in that sense (which is usually how people count it).
@deeria to see what she looks like when she grows up, use the scrying workshop.

and yes, she appears to be the only dragon with her gene/color combo, BUT there are 23 total dragons with her colors, so not unique in that sense (which is usually how people count it).
@deeria

It's very possible. With all of the color and gene combos we have, not to mention new genes and new colors, we probably haven't even created half the possibilities yet and we probably never will. This is especially true for unpopular color combos such as what you hatched.

But, if you really want to see her as an adult, plug her ID into the scrying workshop. :p
@deeria

It's very possible. With all of the color and gene combos we have, not to mention new genes and new colors, we probably haven't even created half the possibilities yet and we probably never will. This is especially true for unpopular color combos such as what you hatched.

But, if you really want to see her as an adult, plug her ID into the scrying workshop. :p
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
@deeria

Well, the thing isn't that your colors are unique-- It's just that the combination of genes and colors means that she's the only one of her breed. There's actually 7 active on the site, and about 20 exalted.
@deeria

Well, the thing isn't that your colors are unique-- It's just that the combination of genes and colors means that she's the only one of her breed. There's actually 7 active on the site, and about 20 exalted.
@Duh @UserOfShadows

Thank you so much for the quick response, will do!
@Duh @UserOfShadows

Thank you so much for the quick response, will do!
@Ultima [quote name="Ultima" date=2016-01-08 08:19:17] Well, the thing isn't that your colors are unique-- It's just that the combination of genes and colors means that she's the only one of her breed. There's actually 7 active on the site, and about 20 exalted. [/quote] Well I tried out other color combos of couple of my other dragons and the search result returned many dragons both active and exalted
@Ultima
Ultima wrote on 2016-01-08:
Well I tried out other color combos of couple of my other dragons and the search result returned many dragons both active and exalted
@deeria

It's true, some color combinations are more popular with others! Especially on this site, you can have a lot of certain colors being bred together in different formats. So considering, the color combination is still rare. But I was just explaining that with colors+genes, you're always more likely to have a much smaller search, since the combination of genes and colors is so immense.
@deeria

It's true, some color combinations are more popular with others! Especially on this site, you can have a lot of certain colors being bred together in different formats. So considering, the color combination is still rare. But I was just explaining that with colors+genes, you're always more likely to have a much smaller search, since the combination of genes and colors is so immense.
@Ultima
OK got it now :) Thank you so much, this was very helpful.
@Ultima
OK got it now :) Thank you so much, this was very helpful.