Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Is there a story behind ur username?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I just really like Alice In Wonderland, and Jabberwocky in particular. Plus, I wanted to have a name that was different from my old usernames. Something new, I suppose.

(Jabberwock is the subject of the poem Jabberwocky. Not many people know that little distinction.)
I just really like Alice In Wonderland, and Jabberwocky in particular. Plus, I wanted to have a name that was different from my old usernames. Something new, I suppose.

(Jabberwock is the subject of the poem Jabberwocky. Not many people know that little distinction.)
Palefoot Tadhop Desert Rain Frog Companion Ruffletail Tadhop
I have a huge love for sphynx cats. One of my favorite animals. Some time back a friend of mine attempted and very poorly pronounced 'sphynx' to something of the liking of my username. It was so amusing at the time that the idea stuck for me to make it my username here (although it is subject to change eventually--such an awkward name to type heh).
I have a huge love for sphynx cats. One of my favorite animals. Some time back a friend of mine attempted and very poorly pronounced 'sphynx' to something of the liking of my username. It was so amusing at the time that the idea stuck for me to make it my username here (although it is subject to change eventually--such an awkward name to type heh).
;) Cipher Peon Resix at your service. I've gone by resix for so long that sometimes I forget. I take a lot of my names from pokemon coliseum/xd (sciet, velis, infin, inity, ardos, eldes, drada etc). I think they're weird and obscure enough that I can get away with using them.
;) Cipher Peon Resix at your service. I've gone by resix for so long that sometimes I forget. I take a lot of my names from pokemon coliseum/xd (sciet, velis, infin, inity, ardos, eldes, drada etc). I think they're weird and obscure enough that I can get away with using them.
Almost since the very day I started using the Internet, all of the usernames I've ever used on any website would be humour related. So far I've done usernames such as Fat Unicorn, Banana Phone, and other usernames that were sometimes borderline a bit nutty.

I wanted something a bit different for Flight Rising, so I decided to go with something short and sweet that would just meet the website's username standards. Plus Wit is easy to remember, and makes quite a good joke if used correctly. xD
Almost since the very day I started using the Internet, all of the usernames I've ever used on any website would be humour related. So far I've done usernames such as Fat Unicorn, Banana Phone, and other usernames that were sometimes borderline a bit nutty.

I wanted something a bit different for Flight Rising, so I decided to go with something short and sweet that would just meet the website's username standards. Plus Wit is easy to remember, and makes quite a good joke if used correctly. xD
psssst, just letting you know that you're doing an amazing job
I've been using the same name in other games so here I just wanted something different. I'm a writer so I picked this name because it in itself is a bit of a joke.

Don't know what 'bathos' is? I shall enlighten you. ;)

When a writer (especially someone who is just starting out) goes so overboard in describing a subject that it becomes funny even though they were trying to be serious, it's referred to as 'bathos'.

An example:

'The ballerina artfully twirled across the stage, then gracefully lifted her leg high and posed there motionless, balanced, like a dog at a fence post.'

BATHOS!!!!!
I've been using the same name in other games so here I just wanted something different. I'm a writer so I picked this name because it in itself is a bit of a joke.

Don't know what 'bathos' is? I shall enlighten you. ;)

When a writer (especially someone who is just starting out) goes so overboard in describing a subject that it becomes funny even though they were trying to be serious, it's referred to as 'bathos'.

An example:

'The ballerina artfully twirled across the stage, then gracefully lifted her leg high and posed there motionless, balanced, like a dog at a fence post.'

BATHOS!!!!!
Mine's the name of a boss from Paper Mario TTYD. Here: [img]http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/paper-mario-the-thousand-year-door/thumb/b/ba/52.jpg/225px-52.jpg[/img] She's just really neat~
Mine's the name of a boss from Paper Mario TTYD. Here:

225px-52.jpg

She's just really neat~
When I was in high school, I decided that I wanted to start collecting hats. To start my collection, I bought one of those knit hats that has the ear flaps and tassels and it was made to look like the face of a panda, with sticking out nose and ears! I wore it to school all winter and became known as the Panda Hat Girl!
When I was in high school, I decided that I wanted to start collecting hats. To start my collection, I bought one of those knit hats that has the ear flaps and tassels and it was made to look like the face of a panda, with sticking out nose and ears! I wore it to school all winter and became known as the Panda Hat Girl!
o7k2eg.pngEBLbutton_zps83d16a6a.png7lsNeKW.png91U2Yps.png1SJHvOX.pngE6nL5Eq.png
I like Pokemon.
I also like Dragons.
So I like Dragon-type Pokemon.
And Giratina.

'Nuff said.
I like Pokemon.
I also like Dragons.
So I like Dragon-type Pokemon.
And Giratina.

'Nuff said.
tumblr_oznjvaReJs1w8xkufo7_250.png+8 hours/GMT time 0Opr6hJ.png
I'm Irish and the Irish culture is something I'm proud of, plus I loved the idea of Plague flight and their defining colour is red so it's just Gaeilge for "red". Baaahaha.
I'm Irish and the Irish culture is something I'm proud of, plus I loved the idea of Plague flight and their defining colour is red so it's just Gaeilge for "red". Baaahaha.
plaguebringer_banner_by_eyenoom-d6kkk4e.png
I really love Octopuses, Squids and Cuttlefish. They're just about the best things ever. S'why I'm in Water Flight. I love me some sea-wigglies. c:

I also really rather like the A Song Of Ice and Fire book series/Game of Thrones tv show.

House Greyjoy is a noble seafaring line represented by a Kraken on their flag/banner, which is pretty much a giant squid... no brainer, really.

Squid pride, etc.
I really love Octopuses, Squids and Cuttlefish. They're just about the best things ever. S'why I'm in Water Flight. I love me some sea-wigglies. c:

I also really rather like the A Song Of Ice and Fire book series/Game of Thrones tv show.

House Greyjoy is a noble seafaring line represented by a Kraken on their flag/banner, which is pretty much a giant squid... no brainer, really.

Squid pride, etc.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11