Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2015
1 2 ... 79 80 81 82 83 ... 189 190
@Lyradeth @softowl

Really? I didn't think the odds were that bad - yeah, you have more chances of getting a strange chest from the higher level coliseum venues. I've gotten less than a handful of chests, tons of mimic powder, and I'm already creating a chest in Baldwin's.

I heard that this happened last year with NotN, users from other flights - besides Shadow - would get a lot of "worthless" items instead of more valuable items while Shadowlings would have better chances of success. I don't think that the FR mods would work the drop system that way since it is highly unfair, but it's something to consider.
@Lyradeth @softowl

Really? I didn't think the odds were that bad - yeah, you have more chances of getting a strange chest from the higher level coliseum venues. I've gotten less than a handful of chests, tons of mimic powder, and I'm already creating a chest in Baldwin's.

I heard that this happened last year with NotN, users from other flights - besides Shadow - would get a lot of "worthless" items instead of more valuable items while Shadowlings would have better chances of success. I don't think that the FR mods would work the drop system that way since it is highly unfair, but it's something to consider.
2v32at4.jpg
[quote name="BlueFireBlood" date=2015-12-20 11:02:34] Wait, weren't the crowns supposed to have been in NotN? [/quote] I'm curious about this too.
BlueFireBlood wrote on 2015-12-20:
Wait, weren't the crowns supposed to have been in NotN?
I'm curious about this too.
“blaireau’s
@detroness Yeah I was around for last year's too, and remember hearing about that, but last year's was a mess all around.

I really don't want to rely on Baldwin's for this event, but considering how this first day as gone, I'm scared I'll have to. I have heard lower venues have higher rates right now, so I'm giving that a test, I'm just really bummed out we went from one extreme (way too many chests with zero reward) to the other (nothing going, but great reward). For the average user who can't spend 5 hours a day on this game, this week is probably gonna suck for them.
@detroness Yeah I was around for last year's too, and remember hearing about that, but last year's was a mess all around.

I really don't want to rely on Baldwin's for this event, but considering how this first day as gone, I'm scared I'll have to. I have heard lower venues have higher rates right now, so I'm giving that a test, I'm just really bummed out we went from one extreme (way too many chests with zero reward) to the other (nothing going, but great reward). For the average user who can't spend 5 hours a day on this game, this week is probably gonna suck for them.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19408378] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/194084/19408378_350.png[/img] [/url] My first find, little Han is very excited to be part of this holiday!

19408378_350.png

My first find, little Han is very excited to be part of this holiday!
So.

This is ... NotN.
From tons of chests to no chests. (Been grinding a while). Different familiars which I am not sure if they drop their own versions (Just read that they don't so it doesn't matter in WHICH coli venue I grind? Nice to find out NOW). At least we didn't have lag (yet).
So.

This is ... NotN.
From tons of chests to no chests. (Been grinding a while). Different familiars which I am not sure if they drop their own versions (Just read that they don't so it doesn't matter in WHICH coli venue I grind? Nice to find out NOW). At least we didn't have lag (yet).
Dubra.gif2RCvW.gifchl6j.gifs5BmR.gifGHL2o.gifpYlbr.gif0F7Sr.gif
YAY!!
YAY!!
JYQOAT.png vista_mirror2.png SFVs3nl.png
ir82bPv.png
@Skyure @Lyradeth

Here's a good guide on where you can grind to get chests. And yes, the familiars that you fight in the coliseum don't drop as familiars, but they do drop Strange Chests which - typically in my experience - have just one of the many familiars you can obtain during this NotN.

Festival Coliseum Guide (NotN)
@Skyure @Lyradeth

Here's a good guide on where you can grind to get chests. And yes, the familiars that you fight in the coliseum don't drop as familiars, but they do drop Strange Chests which - typically in my experience - have just one of the many familiars you can obtain during this NotN.

Festival Coliseum Guide (NotN)
2v32at4.jpg
@Lyradeth

Wait, why would you be scared that you'd have to resort using Baldwin to craft Strange Chests?
@Lyradeth

Wait, why would you be scared that you'd have to resort using Baldwin to craft Strange Chests?
2v32at4.jpg
[quote name="Detroness" date=2015-12-20 11:08:11] @Lyradeth @softowl Really? I didn't think the odds were that bad - yeah, you have more chances of getting a strange chest from the higher level coliseum venues. I've gotten less than a handful of chests, tons of mimic powder, and I'm already creating a chest in Baldwin's. I heard that this happened last year with NotN, users from other flights - besides Shadow - would get a lot of "worthless" items instead of more valuable items while Shadowlings would have better chances of success. I don't think that the FR mods would work the drop system that way since it is highly unfair, but it's something to consider. [/quote] Not sure why you're pinging me in particular since I don't think I specifically commented on anything you're saying, but happy to respond :) I do think the odds are pretty bad, specifically for the time investment needed. Especially for adults with full-time jobs and for [i]anyone[/i] with travel/family plans, this is the absolute worst time of year to have to grind for hours every day. It's not so much that the RNG is terrible (though it seems to be, see the many other posts in this thread commenting on it) as the expectation of time investment seems to be extremely high, disregarding the obligations a lot of people have at this time of year. e: Also, fairly sure that Shadow flight (or any flight in particular) having better chances to receive items was specifically confirmed false last year.
Detroness wrote on 2015-12-20:
@Lyradeth @softowl

Not sure why you're pinging me in particular since I don't think I specifically commented on anything you're saying, but happy to respond :)

I do think the odds are pretty bad, specifically for the time investment needed. Especially for adults with full-time jobs and for anyone with travel/family plans, this is the absolute worst time of year to have to grind for hours every day. It's not so much that the RNG is terrible (though it seems to be, see the many other posts in this thread commenting on it) as the expectation of time investment seems to be extremely high, disregarding the obligations a lot of people have at this time of year.

e: Also, fairly sure that Shadow flight (or any flight in particular) having better chances to receive items was specifically confirmed false last year.
BGVAqlH.png
@detroness Because they take a lot of materials I don't have. If thats the best way to do it, again I'd have to wait for half an hour for a material to be produced and I have no guarantee it'll be the right color. My baldwin stores were pretty empty before this cuz I didn't realize they'd allow chests to be crafted (which is really cool, just unreliable)
@detroness Because they take a lot of materials I don't have. If thats the best way to do it, again I'd have to wait for half an hour for a material to be produced and I have no guarantee it'll be the right color. My baldwin stores were pretty empty before this cuz I didn't realize they'd allow chests to be crafted (which is really cool, just unreliable)
1 2 ... 79 80 81 82 83 ... 189 190