Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Destroy nest/Eat eggs
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@jemadar
Actually I would prefer it not be an item, and simply another button next to "incubate". The cost is the sacrifice, it shouldnt cost gems or treasure imo.

Also the wording is important to me! I think the severity of the choices is an important part of the feature. You benefit from this only if you are willing to accept the fact that your dragons will eat or destroy the eggs. I feel its in line with a lore-heavy site like flight rising. I mean, we go to the coli to kill other creatures all the time right? It makes you really think about what youre doing, it is essentially another way to keep people from "abusing" the system (although its nearly impossible to "gain" much by using the option).

I chose the wording carefully, and when it comes down to it, whether you want to call it "abandoning" or "destroying/eating" youre doing the same thing, theres no need to make it sound less "bad" imo.
@jemadar
Actually I would prefer it not be an item, and simply another button next to "incubate". The cost is the sacrifice, it shouldnt cost gems or treasure imo.

Also the wording is important to me! I think the severity of the choices is an important part of the feature. You benefit from this only if you are willing to accept the fact that your dragons will eat or destroy the eggs. I feel its in line with a lore-heavy site like flight rising. I mean, we go to the coli to kill other creatures all the time right? It makes you really think about what youre doing, it is essentially another way to keep people from "abusing" the system (although its nearly impossible to "gain" much by using the option).

I chose the wording carefully, and when it comes down to it, whether you want to call it "abandoning" or "destroying/eating" youre doing the same thing, theres no need to make it sound less "bad" imo.
@avvysracetrack

the reason why discard or abandon would be better is because not everyone has the same lore. Person A who discards the eggs might just see it as those eggs never existed. Person B might be that they were stolen by another dragon clan. Discarding a nest doesn't necessarily mean killing. Yes, FR has lore based terms, but they are generic lore based terms that are basic and leave most of the lore up to the individual player. Just about every dragon fantasy (can't think of the term I am looking for here) 'archetype' I guess, has a lair, they have hoards. However, not all of them are cannibalistic nor are they necessarily destructive. So terms 'eat eggs' would be limiting in that way as would 'destroy nest'.

Also, the what about them eggs was answered in one of the other threads : users find abandoned eggs all the time, so perhaps these eggs are the ones found.

My main problem with the terms is the fact that it would mean that everyone who cared about lore would be somewhat forced into writing this into their lore when they might have some other explanation (such as the nest never happening in the first place or those eggs being sent off to dragons who couldn't lay eggs of their own etc...)

If a person wants to write that into their lore, fine, more power to them, however, not everyone would want something like that in their lore. I mean, my dragons might abandon a nest or the eggs might be stolen, but in my lore, those eggs could have hatched and be happy somewhere else, it might not necessarily mean that the eggs were killed or destroyed.
@avvysracetrack

the reason why discard or abandon would be better is because not everyone has the same lore. Person A who discards the eggs might just see it as those eggs never existed. Person B might be that they were stolen by another dragon clan. Discarding a nest doesn't necessarily mean killing. Yes, FR has lore based terms, but they are generic lore based terms that are basic and leave most of the lore up to the individual player. Just about every dragon fantasy (can't think of the term I am looking for here) 'archetype' I guess, has a lair, they have hoards. However, not all of them are cannibalistic nor are they necessarily destructive. So terms 'eat eggs' would be limiting in that way as would 'destroy nest'.

Also, the what about them eggs was answered in one of the other threads : users find abandoned eggs all the time, so perhaps these eggs are the ones found.

My main problem with the terms is the fact that it would mean that everyone who cared about lore would be somewhat forced into writing this into their lore when they might have some other explanation (such as the nest never happening in the first place or those eggs being sent off to dragons who couldn't lay eggs of their own etc...)

If a person wants to write that into their lore, fine, more power to them, however, not everyone would want something like that in their lore. I mean, my dragons might abandon a nest or the eggs might be stolen, but in my lore, those eggs could have hatched and be happy somewhere else, it might not necessarily mean that the eggs were killed or destroyed.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Jemadar

My argument against this is that - this is an entirely new feature, not an alteration to an existing one? If your dragons would never eat their eggs or destroy their nest you have the option to simply not use it! Continue doing what you have been. But for people who are interested in such a thing (and/or dont care about the wording), it would be a useful feature.

Part of the point of this feature, to me, IS the wording. Also you are controlling when and if this happens, so to me, the wording needs to be action-based. Your dragons wouldnt eat or destroy their eggs but they would abandon them to the elements and predators and the possibility of rotting and never being found? Im not sure how that is a "gentler" option to be honest!

Also as far as the finding eggs goes...well, how do you explain them all being triple basic plentifuls :P
@Jemadar

My argument against this is that - this is an entirely new feature, not an alteration to an existing one? If your dragons would never eat their eggs or destroy their nest you have the option to simply not use it! Continue doing what you have been. But for people who are interested in such a thing (and/or dont care about the wording), it would be a useful feature.

Part of the point of this feature, to me, IS the wording. Also you are controlling when and if this happens, so to me, the wording needs to be action-based. Your dragons wouldnt eat or destroy their eggs but they would abandon them to the elements and predators and the possibility of rotting and never being found? Im not sure how that is a "gentler" option to be honest!

Also as far as the finding eggs goes...well, how do you explain them all being triple basic plentifuls :P
Support. I want to eat the eggs.
Support. I want to eat the eggs.
@Taguel

my problem with the wording is that people WANT a discard function to get rid of mistaken breeding or for their lore purposes. The wording would then either force them to not use the function or force them to ignore the lore behind the function or write the lore into their lore.

As of right now, there is no other way to get rid of a nest of dragons you don't want. you have to hatch that nest. A lot of people want a way to discard the nest as if it had never been.

as for the triple basics think of this: basically all dragons have started out triple basic plentiful (don't know how it was at the beginning but most users at least had to create a triple basic plentiful and got a second one) All others were breed changed and gened. So what if the dragon is 'born' a triple basic plentiful breed, but the incubation of its parents 'set' its genes and breed and colors, ie the magic of the parents sink into the egg during incubation and form the dragon that is hatched out of it.
@Taguel

my problem with the wording is that people WANT a discard function to get rid of mistaken breeding or for their lore purposes. The wording would then either force them to not use the function or force them to ignore the lore behind the function or write the lore into their lore.

As of right now, there is no other way to get rid of a nest of dragons you don't want. you have to hatch that nest. A lot of people want a way to discard the nest as if it had never been.

as for the triple basics think of this: basically all dragons have started out triple basic plentiful (don't know how it was at the beginning but most users at least had to create a triple basic plentiful and got a second one) All others were breed changed and gened. So what if the dragon is 'born' a triple basic plentiful breed, but the incubation of its parents 'set' its genes and breed and colors, ie the magic of the parents sink into the egg during incubation and form the dragon that is hatched out of it.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
the egg eaters club is forming eagerly
the egg eaters club is forming eagerly
why don't we call it 'abort' nest instead?
its less horrid than eating right
why don't we call it 'abort' nest instead?
its less horrid than eating right
eat the eggs
eat the eggs
Just one other question and then I will get out of your hair ;)

How would the eat eggs function work on dragons who are vegetarians? Pretty sure there are some. Would they just serve their eggs to their clan mates (if they have any non-vegetarian ones that is) or would they just not use it?
Just one other question and then I will get out of your hair ;)

How would the eat eggs function work on dragons who are vegetarians? Pretty sure there are some. Would they just serve their eggs to their clan mates (if they have any non-vegetarian ones that is) or would they just not use it?

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
@Jemadar

I thought about this, and considered that really, it wouldnt have to be the parents doing the eating. With the way its worded you could have a designated "egg eater" in your lair for instance! "Eat eggs" doesnt necessarily imply that its any specific dragon/s doing the eating. Not to mention, hamsters will eat their own live young in times of stress - its not about an animals diet.

also to answer your other issue - thats just the price you pay imo. Not every feature is going to be 100% to every single player's liking, some parts are good, some parts you may not like, you have to think of it as whether or not its worth it to use it for you personally I think!
@Jemadar

I thought about this, and considered that really, it wouldnt have to be the parents doing the eating. With the way its worded you could have a designated "egg eater" in your lair for instance! "Eat eggs" doesnt necessarily imply that its any specific dragon/s doing the eating. Not to mention, hamsters will eat their own live young in times of stress - its not about an animals diet.

also to answer your other issue - thats just the price you pay imo. Not every feature is going to be 100% to every single player's liking, some parts are good, some parts you may not like, you have to think of it as whether or not its worth it to use it for you personally I think!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7