Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coliseum Accessibility: 40* threads
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 57 58
I just recently joined and I really love playing in the Coliseum, but the fact that it constantly lags out for me as well as cause my laptop to get overheated is really disappointing. I was even more upset to see that this is has been an unresolved issue since 2013 >: I'd really like to see an option to turn off battle animations like most proper turn based games do.
I just recently joined and I really love playing in the Coliseum, but the fact that it constantly lags out for me as well as cause my laptop to get overheated is really disappointing. I was even more upset to see that this is has been an unresolved issue since 2013 >: I'd really like to see an option to turn off battle animations like most proper turn based games do.
100% support

Due to the repetitive mouse motions I can only play the Coliseum with a brace supporting my wrist. Some days this isn't even enough to stop the pain and swelling that comes after a bit of time spent in the Coli, even with breaks to stretch.
100% support

Due to the repetitive mouse motions I can only play the Coliseum with a brace supporting my wrist. Some days this isn't even enough to stop the pain and swelling that comes after a bit of time spent in the Coli, even with breaks to stretch.
[quote name="Kikari" date=2015-11-24 16:54:49] I just recently joined and I really love playing in the Coliseum, but the fact that it constantly lags out for me as well as cause my laptop to get overheated is really disappointing. I was even more upset to see that this is has been an unresolved issue since 2013 >: I'd really like to see an option to turn off battle animations like most proper turn based games do. [/quote] I know I've bumped this thread before but you've stated one of the reasons I would love to see the animation toggle. I rarely if ever have lag issues but if my laptop is NOT sitting on it's cooling board it will and has overheated and shut down before from the coli. I never have this issue while playing many video games but for some reason the coli will cause if every time. I'm also one of those who would like keyboard controls because it would just make it easier.
Kikari wrote on 2015-11-24:

I know I've bumped this thread before but you've stated one of the reasons I would love to see the animation toggle. I rarely if ever have lag issues but if my laptop is NOT sitting on it's cooling board it will and has overheated and shut down before from the coli. I never have this issue while playing many video games but for some reason the coli will cause if every time. I'm also one of those who would like keyboard controls because it would just make it easier.
GNU: Terry Pratchett
IaWAzbD.pngALUZZqg.pngtumblr_inline_nwq2seL90g1r3h1o8_540.pngtumblr_inline_nj6eplzKc21r3h1o8.pngtumblr_inline_nuf0jfLw8D1r3h1o8_540.png
9g0BXbt.gif
another bump, from the "hotkeys please" crew.

i also have chronic repetitive motion pain type issues, and i've learned when to pause my hobbies so i don't overtax my hand/wrist/arm

but i'd looove to be able to play in the coli for more than 10 minutes at a time.

especially with all this beautiful new stuff being added to the coliseum!! there can be 100+ battles before anything rare drops, which is fine, i have no life, i got nothing but time, but that's a lot of strain on the wrist.

but who knows! maybe after all these updates the site is going through, there will be more time to consider these accessibility issues :D
another bump, from the "hotkeys please" crew.

i also have chronic repetitive motion pain type issues, and i've learned when to pause my hobbies so i don't overtax my hand/wrist/arm

but i'd looove to be able to play in the coli for more than 10 minutes at a time.

especially with all this beautiful new stuff being added to the coliseum!! there can be 100+ battles before anything rare drops, which is fine, i have no life, i got nothing but time, but that's a lot of strain on the wrist.

but who knows! maybe after all these updates the site is going through, there will be more time to consider these accessibility issues :D
Water-banner_zpsec155be1.png
I've got carpal tunnel syndrome which isn't always there, but pops up when I click or write or draw too long and then it stays for weeks, sometimes months. The sound of the mouse clicking also bothers my noise anxiety. Because of these things I play coil mainly on mobile even though it lags like crazy. Keyboard hotkeys would be really great.
I've got carpal tunnel syndrome which isn't always there, but pops up when I click or write or draw too long and then it stays for weeks, sometimes months. The sound of the mouse clicking also bothers my noise anxiety. Because of these things I play coil mainly on mobile even though it lags like crazy. Keyboard hotkeys would be really great.
All my support.

I don't have any of these medical conditions, but I HATE seeing fellow players who do suffer just to enjoy a simple game. I'm glad the developers got rid of the embers/snow/bubbles, but everything else needs to be addressed. In fact, the entire COLI needs to be fixed. I know I get shoulder and wrist pain from time to time if I actually sit down and Coli Grind (usually watching some television show as I do so), so a keyboard option would be nice.

Best luck to everyone and whoever is suffering an issue right now (headache, pain, etc) to get well soon ♥ !!
All my support.

I don't have any of these medical conditions, but I HATE seeing fellow players who do suffer just to enjoy a simple game. I'm glad the developers got rid of the embers/snow/bubbles, but everything else needs to be addressed. In fact, the entire COLI needs to be fixed. I know I get shoulder and wrist pain from time to time if I actually sit down and Coli Grind (usually watching some television show as I do so), so a keyboard option would be nice.

Best luck to everyone and whoever is suffering an issue right now (headache, pain, etc) to get well soon ♥ !!
So much support on this topic
Surprisingly, the coliseum doesn't agitate my arthritis as much as it probably should, but it makes me dizzy and nauseous beyond belief to look at the animations. Rarely it causes a migraine, but that's luckily not often. Sometimes when playing it I just resort to closing my eyes! I'd love it if it was made more accessible to everyone on the site. Everyone should be made welcome here.
Also, love and best wishes to anyone who has a chronic illness.
So much support on this topic
Surprisingly, the coliseum doesn't agitate my arthritis as much as it probably should, but it makes me dizzy and nauseous beyond belief to look at the animations. Rarely it causes a migraine, but that's luckily not often. Sometimes when playing it I just resort to closing my eyes! I'd love it if it was made more accessible to everyone on the site. Everyone should be made welcome here.
Also, love and best wishes to anyone who has a chronic illness.
^Full support. I don't really get migraines, but I'm very prone to headaches and I get eyestrain quite easily, especially while. oli grinding for 30+ minutes. It's frustrating, especially when trying to participate in dom pushes. I loved that they took down the snow in Boreal Woods, etc., however, the flashes with attacks, etc. still hurts after a while.
^Full support. I don't really get migraines, but I'm very prone to headaches and I get eyestrain quite easily, especially while. oli grinding for 30+ minutes. It's frustrating, especially when trying to participate in dom pushes. I loved that they took down the snow in Boreal Woods, etc., however, the flashes with attacks, etc. still hurts after a while.
signature1_by_sketchyhaze-d9jlqrg.png
signature2_by_sketchyhaze-d9jlwd2.png
signature_by_sketchyhaze-d9jlqgj.jpg
I think we should have the option to just press attack and all the dragons would focus on one enemy, so we don't have to click the enemys seperatly..

so it's like:
abilities: -->ambush--->attack
and if you want to attack a certain monster
click on monster:--->abilities--->ambush
I think we should have the option to just press attack and all the dragons would focus on one enemy, so we don't have to click the enemys seperatly..

so it's like:
abilities: -->ambush--->attack
and if you want to attack a certain monster
click on monster:--->abilities--->ambush
Carpal tunnel runs in my family. Normally I don't have issues with it unless I do a great deal of typing (i.e., 10,000+ words). HOWEVER, there have been several times during festivals when I was Coli grinding that I needed to put on a wrist brace/stop grinding altogether.

The admins' stance on hotkeys for the Coliseum is frankly ridiculous (and may even be illegal, since they're based in America and ADA is a thing, I'm not sure.) I understand that hotkeys may make botting easier, but there are enough players with RSI/chronic pain that this needs to be addressed.

Carpal tunnel runs in my family. Normally I don't have issues with it unless I do a great deal of typing (i.e., 10,000+ words). HOWEVER, there have been several times during festivals when I was Coli grinding that I needed to put on a wrist brace/stop grinding altogether.

The admins' stance on hotkeys for the Coliseum is frankly ridiculous (and may even be illegal, since they're based in America and ADA is a thing, I'm not sure.) I understand that hotkeys may make botting easier, but there are enough players with RSI/chronic pain that this needs to be addressed.

WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 57 58