Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any Magic:the Gathering players here?
1 2 3 4
@CaptainZii Well the store is in the rainbow district of the city, and I guess one of the people that works there is a homosexual(not meant in a derogatory term) so she organized a "Ladies" night there

I used to run an angel deck myself, but I dismantled it, and gave some of the cards to my girlfriend because she was trying to build an anti-flying deck, and some of the angels I had made good combos with each other like one angel that makes bird tokens when you play a land, and Radiant, Archangel that gets +1/+1 for each creature with flying. Probably one of the better decks I built and it wasn't even for me xD

I had chances to go to MTG release parties, since they used to do them at my old college, but I never did, though I did get a laugh years ago during the Time Spiral block, because just after the Planar Chaos preview but before the set release, I bought some cards there and they gave me a common that was from the yet-to be released Planar Chaos set XD
@CaptainZii Well the store is in the rainbow district of the city, and I guess one of the people that works there is a homosexual(not meant in a derogatory term) so she organized a "Ladies" night there

I used to run an angel deck myself, but I dismantled it, and gave some of the cards to my girlfriend because she was trying to build an anti-flying deck, and some of the angels I had made good combos with each other like one angel that makes bird tokens when you play a land, and Radiant, Archangel that gets +1/+1 for each creature with flying. Probably one of the better decks I built and it wasn't even for me xD

I had chances to go to MTG release parties, since they used to do them at my old college, but I never did, though I did get a laugh years ago during the Time Spiral block, because just after the Planar Chaos preview but before the set release, I bought some cards there and they gave me a common that was from the yet-to be released Planar Chaos set XD
Already taken by a sweet girl

FurAffinity|DeviantArt|DragonAdopters Memorial Forum

Xbox LIVE: HotRodimusPrime
Steam/PSN: TRozok21
If you don't have a card shop near your house, just buy off of Troll and Toad. They usually run some pretty good deals on there. We have a shop around here but since they NEVER do legacy play, we usually don't go. Between my husband and I we have about 19k cards. Way too much in my opinion but my husband is an avid collector.

He has maybe 20 decks that he runs and most of them are crazy hard to beat.

Personally, I have a
1.mono-blue mill deck (because it pisses people off and I find that funny)
2.black/white token deck that pumps crazy fast
3.mono red burn with Koth and Chandra
4.blue/white Azorius detain deck.

Not too long ago I was playing my mill deck against my husbands black/artifact deck and he was one turn from beating me. He has a creature that has "Tap, exile a card from target opponents library. You may play this card without paying the casting cost." Well, the card he exiled and played from the top of my library was a Traumatize(target player puts half of their library into their graveyard and shuffles their library) and I had to mill 35 cards. But I had a Psychic Spiral (Shuffle graveyard into your library, target player puts that many cards from the top of his/her library into his/her graveyard) and won the game by making him mill his last 22 cards. lol A rare win for me!
If you don't have a card shop near your house, just buy off of Troll and Toad. They usually run some pretty good deals on there. We have a shop around here but since they NEVER do legacy play, we usually don't go. Between my husband and I we have about 19k cards. Way too much in my opinion but my husband is an avid collector.

He has maybe 20 decks that he runs and most of them are crazy hard to beat.

Personally, I have a
1.mono-blue mill deck (because it pisses people off and I find that funny)
2.black/white token deck that pumps crazy fast
3.mono red burn with Koth and Chandra
4.blue/white Azorius detain deck.

Not too long ago I was playing my mill deck against my husbands black/artifact deck and he was one turn from beating me. He has a creature that has "Tap, exile a card from target opponents library. You may play this card without paying the casting cost." Well, the card he exiled and played from the top of my library was a Traumatize(target player puts half of their library into their graveyard and shuffles their library) and I had to mill 35 cards. But I had a Psychic Spiral (Shuffle graveyard into your library, target player puts that many cards from the top of his/her library into his/her graveyard) and won the game by making him mill his last 22 cards. lol A rare win for me!
At work, sorry if not active guys! Carry on without me!
At work, sorry if not active guys! Carry on without me!
zXd6MrP.png 8KmrkcK.png
Oh, almost forgot. How many cards do you guys run in decks?
Oh, almost forgot. How many cards do you guys run in decks?
Yep I have all my cards still xD
Yep I have all my cards still xD
BMEWTUV.png
I usually run 60 cards, average around 22-24 lands and 36-38 spells

Well I can get to them it's just annoying, and I usually use StarCity games, they're pretty reasonable price wise for cards

Well I can get to them it's just annoying, and I usually use StarCity games, they're pretty reasonable price wise for cards

I play a mono blue mill deck (recently got Jace, Memory Adept for it) and a mono black vampire deck. Basically, I like making decks that annoy anyone I play against.
I play a mono blue mill deck (recently got Jace, Memory Adept for it) and a mono black vampire deck. Basically, I like making decks that annoy anyone I play against.
[quote name="TRozok21" date="2013-09-03 11:53:43"]I usually run 60 cards, average around 22-24 lands and 36-38 spells Well I can get to them it's just annoying, and I usually use StarCity games, they're pretty reasonable price wise for cards[/quote] Yeah I never run more than 70 in a deck. If it gets that high, it's time to take stuff out again. I know so many people that don't think about that. They just want a bunch of cool stuff in there and sometimes that doesn't work unless the mana costs are low. They have these massive decks that get beat so easily because they simply can't get what they need. The smaller the better!
TRozok21 wrote on 2013-09-03 11:53:43:

Yeah I never run more than 70 in a deck. If it gets that high, it's time to take stuff out again. I know so many people that don't think about that. They just want a bunch of cool stuff in there and sometimes that doesn't work unless the mana costs are low. They have these massive decks that get beat so easily because they simply can't get what they need. The smaller the better!
Oh I hear ya BlackRabbit, although I used to play EDH format so I'd need 100 card decks for that, and could only have one copy of each card lol
Oh I hear ya BlackRabbit, although I used to play EDH format so I'd need 100 card decks for that, and could only have one copy of each card lol

@BlackRabbit @TRozok21 I run 60 card decks, except for my merfolk deck. Its at around 70 cause I'm still tweaking it (after all these years...). I've never learned to play EDH or "Commander(?)" style yet.
@BlackRabbit @TRozok21 I run 60 card decks, except for my merfolk deck. Its at around 70 cause I'm still tweaking it (after all these years...). I've never learned to play EDH or "Commander(?)" style yet.
zXd6MrP.png 8KmrkcK.png
1 2 3 4