Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Don't know how to feel
1 2
I had kind of a sad, but happy day today. My dog Carmen went into labor around 7pm today, and was expected to have two puppies. While the first little girly is healthy and utterly adorable, her brother sadly didn't make it. It happens sometimes, of course, but I can't help feeling disappointed... Well, at least he'll be happy up in doge heaven with the other puppies and doggies that either didn't get the chance to live or passed away, getting to romp around for an eternity~ (:

We've named the girl Luna, while the boy's name was to be James, since we were going with a Harry Potter theme considering that was their father's name. At least I still have one baby to spoil rotten~ (;

R.I.P James. I won't forget you.
I had kind of a sad, but happy day today. My dog Carmen went into labor around 7pm today, and was expected to have two puppies. While the first little girly is healthy and utterly adorable, her brother sadly didn't make it. It happens sometimes, of course, but I can't help feeling disappointed... Well, at least he'll be happy up in doge heaven with the other puppies and doggies that either didn't get the chance to live or passed away, getting to romp around for an eternity~ (:

We've named the girl Luna, while the boy's name was to be James, since we were going with a Harry Potter theme considering that was their father's name. At least I still have one baby to spoil rotten~ (;

R.I.P James. I won't forget you.
I had something like that a few months ago. My sister's rat had babies, and I got one of them... picked her out, a week later brought her home, but during that week she got pretty sick and only lasted about three more days. At least during those three or so days she was spoiled rotten with treats and loves.

This kind of thing can be hard, especially when it's just a baby. I'm sure he was loved on pretty hard for the short time he was here and that he'll remember you at the Rainbow Bridge.
I had something like that a few months ago. My sister's rat had babies, and I got one of them... picked her out, a week later brought her home, but during that week she got pretty sick and only lasted about three more days. At least during those three or so days she was spoiled rotten with treats and loves.

This kind of thing can be hard, especially when it's just a baby. I'm sure he was loved on pretty hard for the short time he was here and that he'll remember you at the Rainbow Bridge.
dQUNkY4.png
It's very hard. My dog Peeta was born a stillborn, but my mother was able to revive him within twenty minutes. I'm very sad that he didn't get to experience life, but I'm sure he's happy up there. ^^ Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad to know someone understands what it's like, and I'm sorry for your loss as well. :c In other news, I snapped a picture of little Luna~ She was squirming around so much that I couldn't get a very good picture, but here she is! [img]http://oi42.tinypic.com/24eaqok.jpg[/img] She won't stop eating, so I'm fairly certain she'll have gained 5 pounds by tomorrow. xD!
It's very hard. My dog Peeta was born a stillborn, but my mother was able to revive him within twenty minutes. I'm very sad that he didn't get to experience life, but I'm sure he's happy up there. ^^ Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad to know someone understands what it's like, and I'm sorry for your loss as well. :c

In other news, I snapped a picture of little Luna~ She was squirming around so much that I couldn't get a very good picture, but here she is!

24eaqok.jpg

She won't stop eating, so I'm fairly certain she'll have gained 5 pounds by tomorrow. xD!
Aww :( That's a bittersweet moment, but I understand completely. We had a feral cat give birth under out care (long story short, we fostered homeless pets and nobody would take this mama!) She had a litter of four, though one was dead by morning. The remaining three were Lucky, Daisy, and Lily. Lucky was small with a horseshoe on her back. Sadly, she died three days later. Speed up to about a month later when the mama was being fixed to prevent future litters. The vet found two more kits that never came out of her! The poor girl :( At this point, Daisy and Lily are now crazy girls who love to climb up legs and hide in random places. This was also when there was a panleuk outbreak and poor Daisy and Lily caught it. The death rate for kittens is 100%, or so we were told. Against all odds, Lily pulled through. I wish I could say the same for Daisy. She was put down the day after Lily recovered. Ugh, I tear up when I remember hearing the poor girl crying out in pain...
We still have Lily. We call her The Kitten Who Lived. She is a bit awkwardly shaped because of the illness, but super sweet. So out of a little of six, one was left.

But that little Luna is a sweetie! Look at her, oh my goodness! :D She looks like a Luna. What breed are your dogs?
Aww :( That's a bittersweet moment, but I understand completely. We had a feral cat give birth under out care (long story short, we fostered homeless pets and nobody would take this mama!) She had a litter of four, though one was dead by morning. The remaining three were Lucky, Daisy, and Lily. Lucky was small with a horseshoe on her back. Sadly, she died three days later. Speed up to about a month later when the mama was being fixed to prevent future litters. The vet found two more kits that never came out of her! The poor girl :( At this point, Daisy and Lily are now crazy girls who love to climb up legs and hide in random places. This was also when there was a panleuk outbreak and poor Daisy and Lily caught it. The death rate for kittens is 100%, or so we were told. Against all odds, Lily pulled through. I wish I could say the same for Daisy. She was put down the day after Lily recovered. Ugh, I tear up when I remember hearing the poor girl crying out in pain...
We still have Lily. We call her The Kitten Who Lived. She is a bit awkwardly shaped because of the illness, but super sweet. So out of a little of six, one was left.

But that little Luna is a sweetie! Look at her, oh my goodness! :D She looks like a Luna. What breed are your dogs?
466w8yC.png
When we got my black lab Bo 13 years ago he came home having parvo and he had a 50/50 shot of living or not. My mama nursed him back to health and he'll be approaching 14 in December! I know my friend has had some heartbreaking moments with dogs in her and her families life but she's strong! That's why she wants to be a vet :3
When we got my black lab Bo 13 years ago he came home having parvo and he had a 50/50 shot of living or not. My mama nursed him back to health and he'll be approaching 14 in December! I know my friend has had some heartbreaking moments with dogs in her and her families life but she's strong! That's why she wants to be a vet :3
tumblr_ngnjgvFzfC1scuu34o1_500.png]
I feel your pain. About eight years ago, we got a little bichon puppy named Max. Max was very playful, and curious, and active for his breed. We had two days together before he drowned in our pool. We thought he squeeze through the fence and ran off like our old dog could before she got too big, but then I saw him there at the bottom of the pool. What really gets to me is that when we went to pick out a puppy, we realized we were hungry and didn't want to leave a dog in a hot car while we ate, so we had Max on hold, and he was crying for us to come back as we left. He chose us, and we didn't even know he was in trouble.

Max and James can play together in that nice farm in the sky
I feel your pain. About eight years ago, we got a little bichon puppy named Max. Max was very playful, and curious, and active for his breed. We had two days together before he drowned in our pool. We thought he squeeze through the fence and ran off like our old dog could before she got too big, but then I saw him there at the bottom of the pool. What really gets to me is that when we went to pick out a puppy, we realized we were hungry and didn't want to leave a dog in a hot car while we ate, so we had Max on hold, and he was crying for us to come back as we left. He chose us, and we didn't even know he was in trouble.

Max and James can play together in that nice farm in the sky
U8gTHUX.png
@Delira
Oh my gosh, that's terrible! My heart goes out to you. Poor lil Max :(
@Delira
Oh my gosh, that's terrible! My heart goes out to you. Poor lil Max :(
466w8yC.png
@RiverEcho

Oh man, that's so sad... My cat's name is Lily too, ironically. xD But I'm so happy she made it through! Really miraculous. ^^ Our dogs are Bearded Collies. My mom's been breeding for about 25 years now. (:

@JetBlackSteel

Yup, we've had our fair share of parvo. About 3-4 years ago, we had a 9 week old puppy die from parvo. And then my girl Shakira, who was a little older, caught it and made it through, but sadly passed away on her 2nd birthday from the sac around her heart being enlarged causing a heart attack. It's very hard... I don't think I could ever be a vet. xD;

@Delira

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry. DX Losing a pet is like losing a piece of yourself... Even though I never got to know little James, I still felt his loss like I did when I lost my Shakira. But I think we all grow from these experiences.

Snapped a few more shots of Luna! Here she is sleeping with her mama:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/e92eeb0e91cad539a4c938ea28ef322f/tumblr_mskdp6UkPX1shvgd5o1_1280.jpg

And nursing:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/536b22b5bc3b9051b88bed61a2957001/tumblr_msk97vZ1tz1shvgd5o1_1280.jpg

She's gonna be a fat one. xD
@RiverEcho

Oh man, that's so sad... My cat's name is Lily too, ironically. xD But I'm so happy she made it through! Really miraculous. ^^ Our dogs are Bearded Collies. My mom's been breeding for about 25 years now. (:

@JetBlackSteel

Yup, we've had our fair share of parvo. About 3-4 years ago, we had a 9 week old puppy die from parvo. And then my girl Shakira, who was a little older, caught it and made it through, but sadly passed away on her 2nd birthday from the sac around her heart being enlarged causing a heart attack. It's very hard... I don't think I could ever be a vet. xD;

@Delira

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry. DX Losing a pet is like losing a piece of yourself... Even though I never got to know little James, I still felt his loss like I did when I lost my Shakira. But I think we all grow from these experiences.

Snapped a few more shots of Luna! Here she is sleeping with her mama:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/e92eeb0e91cad539a4c938ea28ef322f/tumblr_mskdp6UkPX1shvgd5o1_1280.jpg

And nursing:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/536b22b5bc3b9051b88bed61a2957001/tumblr_msk97vZ1tz1shvgd5o1_1280.jpg

She's gonna be a fat one. xD
@VioletSkies
How cute! And that is a lot of litters in 25 years. Good luck with your puppies! :)
@VioletSkies
How cute! And that is a lot of litters in 25 years. Good luck with your puppies! :)
466w8yC.png
@VioletSkies
I'm sorry for the loss of James ;n; I've never had a dog because my brother and mom are allergic, but we have two guinea pigs. Last spring, our female guinea pig had babies (due to my mother assuming in February that she was already pregnant and leaving her in the same cage with the male, which is how she ACTUALLY got pregnant xD)

Poppy had 3 happy little babies, and I named them Tux (who is now owned by my brother's friend and is named Cleo even though in my mind she is still Tux), Rosie, and Dumbo. Dumbo was the last to be born, and my mom said the side of his face was a little squished when he came out, and he was stumbling around at first. All the little babies were so adorable and sweet, but sadly, little Dumbo somehow got an upper respiratory infection, and by the time he showed symptoms and called the vet, it was too late.

Dumbo was 10 days old when he passed, Tux found a loving home with a friend of my brother's, and Rosie was put in the same pet store that her parents were bought from :3 they were such cute little piggies!

Here's me holding Rosie when she was about a week old
And here's Tux (top) and Rosie (bottom) following Poppy around the cage like little ducklings!
@VioletSkies
I'm sorry for the loss of James ;n; I've never had a dog because my brother and mom are allergic, but we have two guinea pigs. Last spring, our female guinea pig had babies (due to my mother assuming in February that she was already pregnant and leaving her in the same cage with the male, which is how she ACTUALLY got pregnant xD)

Poppy had 3 happy little babies, and I named them Tux (who is now owned by my brother's friend and is named Cleo even though in my mind she is still Tux), Rosie, and Dumbo. Dumbo was the last to be born, and my mom said the side of his face was a little squished when he came out, and he was stumbling around at first. All the little babies were so adorable and sweet, but sadly, little Dumbo somehow got an upper respiratory infection, and by the time he showed symptoms and called the vet, it was too late.

Dumbo was 10 days old when he passed, Tux found a loving home with a friend of my brother's, and Rosie was put in the same pet store that her parents were bought from :3 they were such cute little piggies!

Here's me holding Rosie when she was about a week old
And here's Tux (top) and Rosie (bottom) following Poppy around the cage like little ducklings!
1 2