Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Closed RP with starbunmelody
In the large clearing that clan Open Hearth called their home, a young Mirror dragon was conversing with an elder Guardian. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15740092] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/157401/15740092_350.png[/img] [/url] "What d'you mean I need a job?" The Mirror whined. "C'mon Zaj, there's nothing for me to even do!" The Guardian let out a low chuckle. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12258846] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/122589/12258846_350.png[/img] [/url] "Nightingale, every dragon in the clan needs a job. You could always be an apprentice if you like; I know Wisteria has been needing some help lately." "I don't wanna be an Alchemist's apprentice! Why can't I be a warrior like you an' Flare an' Thayne?" She pouted angrily. "Well, if that's how you feel, why don't you come with me on patrol today? Flare hasn't been feeling well and since the other younglings are occupied, I'm to take over her duties until she's better." Zaj stood to his full height and stretched. "And getting away from the clan might do you some good." He smiled down at Nightingale. "Come along, and bring your familiar. Maren Ambushers are a good asset for a guard, even when on land." Nightingale eye'd Zaj's small Ember Mouse familiar critically. "Then what's your familiar for? A mouse can't be that good for protection." "No," he allowed. "But when you're as large as I, the company that a familiar like Sparks gives is more the goal. Now come along." And with that, Zaj walked out of the safety of the clearing, his mouse familiar resting on his head, and Nightingale and her familiar Dio trialing behind. (@starbunmelody is this ok? I figured it'd be fun to have them meet while they're all out scouting or something!)
In the large clearing that clan Open Hearth called their home, a young Mirror dragon was conversing with an elder Guardian.

15740092_350.png

"What d'you mean I need a job?" The Mirror whined. "C'mon Zaj, there's nothing for me to even do!" The Guardian let out a low chuckle.

12258846_350.png

"Nightingale, every dragon in the clan needs a job. You could always be an apprentice if you like; I know Wisteria has been needing some help lately."

"I don't wanna be an Alchemist's apprentice! Why can't I be a warrior like you an' Flare an' Thayne?" She pouted angrily.

"Well, if that's how you feel, why don't you come with me on patrol today? Flare hasn't been feeling well and since the other younglings are occupied, I'm to take over her duties until she's better." Zaj stood to his full height and stretched. "And getting away from the clan might do you some good." He smiled down at Nightingale. "Come along, and bring your familiar. Maren Ambushers are a good asset for a guard, even when on land."

Nightingale eye'd Zaj's small Ember Mouse familiar critically. "Then what's your familiar for? A mouse can't be that good for protection."

"No," he allowed. "But when you're as large as I, the company that a familiar like Sparks gives is more the goal. Now come along." And with that, Zaj walked out of the safety of the clearing, his mouse familiar resting on his head, and Nightingale and her familiar Dio trialing behind.

(@starbunmelody is this ok? I figured it'd be fun to have them meet while they're all out scouting or something!)
Danny | 18 | They/Them
Meanwhile far away from the conversing dragons lived another flight within a deep cave system. The current Matriarch, a small and chilly Fae was flying restlessly at the entrance.
rmlizb.png
She finally landed on her mate and nudged him. "I'm worried."
1z2m55i.png
The Nocturne laughed before nuzzling her, "And this is new my dear?"
Zira frowned and despite her tiny stature Quartz knew when to shut up and listen to his mate. She gave an approving nod before gliding off of him and closer towards the woods.
"We'll have our first...well, we'll have our own hatchlings. I've sat on many eggs now, and have watched others like Galleria have her own. It came to me that despite us living her for so long now we've....well we never really took to the time to properly explore. What if there other flights who own this land and we've been trespassers!?"
The speckled and freckled fae brought her wings close as she bit a claw in agitation. How could she have over looked something so obvious and imperative!?
Quartz considered what she said but laughed it off easily. "It's all alright lover dearest! If that's the situation then we'll simply do it!"
"Do what?"
"Why we'll go exploring and meet new dragons! Isn't that right Stormy?" He cooed at the Storm Seeker perched on his tail.
"....You're optimism always astounds me." True there was a chance things wouldn't end well, but seeing that small relieved smile on his mate's face made him think anything was possible.
With that said and done the two dragons took off, Quartz walking amiably with Zira flying at his head level.
Also if anyone tried to hurt his mate well, Quartz mused, he'd simply cut them down.
Zira hovered in place suddenly, peering around where they stood. "Do you smell that?"
Meanwhile far away from the conversing dragons lived another flight within a deep cave system. The current Matriarch, a small and chilly Fae was flying restlessly at the entrance.
rmlizb.png
She finally landed on her mate and nudged him. "I'm worried."
1z2m55i.png
The Nocturne laughed before nuzzling her, "And this is new my dear?"
Zira frowned and despite her tiny stature Quartz knew when to shut up and listen to his mate. She gave an approving nod before gliding off of him and closer towards the woods.
"We'll have our first...well, we'll have our own hatchlings. I've sat on many eggs now, and have watched others like Galleria have her own. It came to me that despite us living her for so long now we've....well we never really took to the time to properly explore. What if there other flights who own this land and we've been trespassers!?"
The speckled and freckled fae brought her wings close as she bit a claw in agitation. How could she have over looked something so obvious and imperative!?
Quartz considered what she said but laughed it off easily. "It's all alright lover dearest! If that's the situation then we'll simply do it!"
"Do what?"
"Why we'll go exploring and meet new dragons! Isn't that right Stormy?" He cooed at the Storm Seeker perched on his tail.
"....You're optimism always astounds me." True there was a chance things wouldn't end well, but seeing that small relieved smile on his mate's face made him think anything was possible.
With that said and done the two dragons took off, Quartz walking amiably with Zira flying at his head level.
Also if anyone tried to hurt his mate well, Quartz mused, he'd simply cut them down.
Zira hovered in place suddenly, peering around where they stood. "Do you smell that?"
"So, what," Nightingale hufffed as she tried to keep up with Zaj's long strides, "exactly are we s'posed to be doin'? Just walkin' about and hoping we don't run into trouble?" "Not exactly. We are to make sure that there are no threats to our clan anywhere on our territory. We are considerably close to the Crystalspine Reaches you know- our clan is still relatively small enough that we haven't gone too far inland yet. And the Reaches are filled with all sorts of fledgling clans. You never know if they'll be friendly or not." "Oh c'mon. If there were any threats nearby, I'm pretty sure Flare'dve scared 'em off by now." Nightingale laughed. Not paying attention to where she was going, she smacked straight into one of Zaj's legs. "Ow! Oi, what's the holdup?" "Quiet." He growled, his eyes scanning the area. "There's something nearby. No...two somethings. I can hear wings flapping." "Other dragons?" Nightingale questioned, feeling a bit nervous. Dio floated closer to her, his eyes scanning the area as well. "I believe so. We're right on the edge of our territory, where the Crystalspine Reaches stop and the Strand begins. But I don't remember Flare saying anything about a clan nearby..." "Maybe they just moved in?" Zaj's familiar Sparks suggested. "Besides, Flare has been focusing on the far side of the territory lately, it makes sense if she didn't notice a clan over here." Zaj hmm'd in agreement. "Perhaps they're friendly? Arcane clans are usually more peaceful than other flights." Dio suggested, remembering how many inter-clan skirmishes there had been back in the Shadow flight. "Yeah!" Nightingale smiled, feeling braver. "I bet they're nice! C'mon, let's go introduce ourselves!" And with that, she bounded forwards, heading the direction that Zaj had indicated they were coming from- Dio hurriedly trailing behind her. "Nightingale! Wait!" Zaj called, scrambling after her. "You can't just go leaping in when you have no idea what you're going to meet!" He shouted. (@starbunmelody so i found this thing that compares dragon sizes and I'm laughing bc look how big our dragons are compared to each other) [img]http://i.imgur.com/bgm2zha.png[/img]
"So, what," Nightingale hufffed as she tried to keep up with Zaj's long strides, "exactly are we s'posed to be doin'? Just walkin' about and hoping we don't run into trouble?"

"Not exactly. We are to make sure that there are no threats to our clan anywhere on our territory. We are considerably close to the Crystalspine Reaches you know- our clan is still relatively small enough that we haven't gone too far inland yet. And the Reaches are filled with all sorts of fledgling clans. You never know if they'll be friendly or not."

"Oh c'mon. If there were any threats nearby, I'm pretty sure Flare'dve scared 'em off by now." Nightingale laughed. Not paying attention to where she was going, she smacked straight into one of Zaj's legs. "Ow! Oi, what's the holdup?"

"Quiet." He growled, his eyes scanning the area. "There's something nearby. No...two somethings. I can hear wings flapping."

"Other dragons?" Nightingale questioned, feeling a bit nervous. Dio floated closer to her, his eyes scanning the area as well.

"I believe so. We're right on the edge of our territory, where the Crystalspine Reaches stop and the Strand begins. But I don't remember Flare saying anything about a clan nearby..."

"Maybe they just moved in?" Zaj's familiar Sparks suggested. "Besides, Flare has been focusing on the far side of the territory lately, it makes sense if she didn't notice a clan over here." Zaj hmm'd in agreement.

"Perhaps they're friendly? Arcane clans are usually more peaceful than other flights." Dio suggested, remembering how many inter-clan skirmishes there had been back in the Shadow flight.

"Yeah!" Nightingale smiled, feeling braver. "I bet they're nice! C'mon, let's go introduce ourselves!" And with that, she bounded forwards, heading the direction that Zaj had indicated they were coming from- Dio hurriedly trailing behind her.

"Nightingale! Wait!" Zaj called, scrambling after her. "You can't just go leaping in when you have no idea what you're going to meet!" He shouted.

(@starbunmelody so i found this thing that compares dragon sizes and I'm laughing bc look how big our dragons are compared to each other)

bgm2zha.png
Danny | 18 | They/Them
(@phantomradio okay i KNO zira is small but quartz is not that tiny i refuse to believe thats accurate darnit)

"Nightingale wait!"

Zira hissed flying closer to Quartz. "I know you had to hear that!"

The male frowned, the noise and scents of approaching dragons was in fact creeping closer. Hm, this had originally been his idea but now that they were actually meeting other dragons well....

"Zira stay behind my wings."
She gave a short nod and hid behind him, magic readying as she focused on her powers. Her magic had a tinge of Ice too it from her birth flock but that seemed useful in case she needed to temporarily freeze their wings.

Quartz could also momentarily dazzle them with his coat if need be. Being born with crystal like skin helped distracting foes.
Or winning over pretty mates.

Or young mirrors who nearly slammed into them.
(@phantomradio okay i KNO zira is small but quartz is not that tiny i refuse to believe thats accurate darnit)

"Nightingale wait!"

Zira hissed flying closer to Quartz. "I know you had to hear that!"

The male frowned, the noise and scents of approaching dragons was in fact creeping closer. Hm, this had originally been his idea but now that they were actually meeting other dragons well....

"Zira stay behind my wings."
She gave a short nod and hid behind him, magic readying as she focused on her powers. Her magic had a tinge of Ice too it from her birth flock but that seemed useful in case she needed to temporarily freeze their wings.

Quartz could also momentarily dazzle them with his coat if need be. Being born with crystal like skin helped distracting foes.
Or winning over pretty mates.

Or young mirrors who nearly slammed into them.
(@starbunmelody so would he be closer to Nightingale's size then? Or bigger?)

"Whoa!" Nightingale shouted as she skidded to a stop a few inches from a Nocturne that she had barely noticed in time. The Nocturne was is a defensive position, and watching her warily. "Sorry 'bout that!" Nightingale apologized. "Didn't quite see you there. Anyway, hi! My name's Nightingale, but you can call me Gale if ya like! And this is Dio, my familiar! S'nice t' meetcha!" She smiled, her tail whipping happily about like a dog's.

"Nightingale!" Zaj's voice boomed as he thundered over to them. "You need to be more careful!" He scolded, giving a stern look to the young Mirror. Gale shrank down a bit, curling up slightly in equal parts embarrassment and shame.

"Aw, c'mon Zaj, I didn't mean to! Jus' got excited is all!" She defended herself, Dio nodding in agreement but staying silent.

"That's no excuse." Zaj sighed. "You're not in trouble, but you need to be more vigilant. You ran the risk of being seriously hurt." Finishing his little speech, Zaj turned to look down at the Nocturne in front of him. Thanks to his height, he was also able to notice a small Fae hiding behind the Nocturne, but neither seemed dangerous, just slightly...scared possibly? Well, considering his appearance, Zaj could understand. He was meant to look terrifying after all. "Sorry about that." He spoke softer, trying to make himself seem less threatening. "My name is Zaj, and this" he nodded to his familiar that had jumped down and was now fussing over Gale, "is Sparks, my familiar. And you've been introduced to those two already. May I ask who you are?"
(@starbunmelody so would he be closer to Nightingale's size then? Or bigger?)

"Whoa!" Nightingale shouted as she skidded to a stop a few inches from a Nocturne that she had barely noticed in time. The Nocturne was is a defensive position, and watching her warily. "Sorry 'bout that!" Nightingale apologized. "Didn't quite see you there. Anyway, hi! My name's Nightingale, but you can call me Gale if ya like! And this is Dio, my familiar! S'nice t' meetcha!" She smiled, her tail whipping happily about like a dog's.

"Nightingale!" Zaj's voice boomed as he thundered over to them. "You need to be more careful!" He scolded, giving a stern look to the young Mirror. Gale shrank down a bit, curling up slightly in equal parts embarrassment and shame.

"Aw, c'mon Zaj, I didn't mean to! Jus' got excited is all!" She defended herself, Dio nodding in agreement but staying silent.

"That's no excuse." Zaj sighed. "You're not in trouble, but you need to be more vigilant. You ran the risk of being seriously hurt." Finishing his little speech, Zaj turned to look down at the Nocturne in front of him. Thanks to his height, he was also able to notice a small Fae hiding behind the Nocturne, but neither seemed dangerous, just slightly...scared possibly? Well, considering his appearance, Zaj could understand. He was meant to look terrifying after all. "Sorry about that." He spoke softer, trying to make himself seem less threatening. "My name is Zaj, and this" he nodded to his familiar that had jumped down and was now fussing over Gale, "is Sparks, my familiar. And you've been introduced to those two already. May I ask who you are?"
Danny | 18 | They/Them
(@phantomradio yeah lets go with nightgale's size. That size chart is WRONG.)

Quartz took a few steps back, eyeing the Mirror dragon called Nightgale as they introduced themself. The addition of a Guardian she apparently knew(Clan mates perhaps?), gave Zira a moment to speak softly into Quartz's ear.

"She's rather young and excitable...I don't think she's a threat?" Zira murmured questioningly.

Then the Guardian turned towards them to and gave a proper introduction. Yes, Quartz reflected, an easy going smile widening on his face, there was nothing to worry about.

"A pleasure handsome and cutie~! I am Quartz, this is my Stormy," Here he gave a little bow of the head to show the perching Storm Seeker who gave a small peep before dozing off. "And this lovely darling is-"

"I'm Zira his mate, please ignore him." The Fae flew out from behind Quartz and stared confidently at the....well....it was partly false confidence because by the Arcanist Zira can never get over how big Guardians can be.

In any case, "We were out looking for possible friendly clans in this territory area. You see my clan is called Reverie and we've made a home within the moutain cave systems west of here. Honestly we've been there for a long time now but....we never actually made word about our existence."

Which was something Zira really could not believe she forgot HONESTLY that was something Quartz or Agni would do!
(@phantomradio yeah lets go with nightgale's size. That size chart is WRONG.)

Quartz took a few steps back, eyeing the Mirror dragon called Nightgale as they introduced themself. The addition of a Guardian she apparently knew(Clan mates perhaps?), gave Zira a moment to speak softly into Quartz's ear.

"She's rather young and excitable...I don't think she's a threat?" Zira murmured questioningly.

Then the Guardian turned towards them to and gave a proper introduction. Yes, Quartz reflected, an easy going smile widening on his face, there was nothing to worry about.

"A pleasure handsome and cutie~! I am Quartz, this is my Stormy," Here he gave a little bow of the head to show the perching Storm Seeker who gave a small peep before dozing off. "And this lovely darling is-"

"I'm Zira his mate, please ignore him." The Fae flew out from behind Quartz and stared confidently at the....well....it was partly false confidence because by the Arcanist Zira can never get over how big Guardians can be.

In any case, "We were out looking for possible friendly clans in this territory area. You see my clan is called Reverie and we've made a home within the moutain cave systems west of here. Honestly we've been there for a long time now but....we never actually made word about our existence."

Which was something Zira really could not believe she forgot HONESTLY that was something Quartz or Agni would do!
(@starbunmelody i fell asleep omg im so sorry i didnt reply sooner)

"Ah, well, it's very nice to meet you. It seems that your clan's border is right next to ours." He bowed down slightly. "Apologies for our rudeness, we should've met long before this."

"We're from clan Open Hearth!" Gale interjected, bouncing in front of Zaj. "Zaj here is one of our clan's guards, and I'm his apprentice! S'nice t' meetcha! Ooh, are you guys your clan's leaders? You should come meet our leader! He loves meetin' other clans, and I'm sure he'd love you guys!" She bounced around excitedly.

Zaj rolled his eyes at the young Mirror, but still turned to the two strangers. "Well, would you like to come? You will be offered food and drink, and a place to rest before returning to your own clan. Our leader Zatara is young, but an excellent host to travelers and neighbors. And I'm sure our scribe would like to learn more about your clan as well."
(@starbunmelody i fell asleep omg im so sorry i didnt reply sooner)

"Ah, well, it's very nice to meet you. It seems that your clan's border is right next to ours." He bowed down slightly. "Apologies for our rudeness, we should've met long before this."

"We're from clan Open Hearth!" Gale interjected, bouncing in front of Zaj. "Zaj here is one of our clan's guards, and I'm his apprentice! S'nice t' meetcha! Ooh, are you guys your clan's leaders? You should come meet our leader! He loves meetin' other clans, and I'm sure he'd love you guys!" She bounced around excitedly.

Zaj rolled his eyes at the young Mirror, but still turned to the two strangers. "Well, would you like to come? You will be offered food and drink, and a place to rest before returning to your own clan. Our leader Zatara is young, but an excellent host to travelers and neighbors. And I'm sure our scribe would like to learn more about your clan as well."
Danny | 18 | They/Them
(@phantomradio its okay son i got extremely distracted by articles about weird **** stuff happens)

Zira gave a nod at the Gale's question. "Actually we have only a sole leader, a Matriarch, currently me."

"I like to think I make a nice trophy mate to the leader though don't you?" Quartz piped in with a chuckle.

At Zaj's offer they turned to one another and silently thought it over. They didn't seem like threats, and this purpose WAS to meet other clans and establish ties.....

"We accept." Zira replied graciously after a few moments of deliberation. The fae returned to perching on top of her mate alongside his Stormy. "...I'm certainly not flying the entire way."

Quartz laughed loudly at that, eyes glinting as he turned to Zaj. "Well then, lead the way!"

"Ah perhaps you can tell us a bit more about Open Hearth as we walk."
(@phantomradio its okay son i got extremely distracted by articles about weird **** stuff happens)

Zira gave a nod at the Gale's question. "Actually we have only a sole leader, a Matriarch, currently me."

"I like to think I make a nice trophy mate to the leader though don't you?" Quartz piped in with a chuckle.

At Zaj's offer they turned to one another and silently thought it over. They didn't seem like threats, and this purpose WAS to meet other clans and establish ties.....

"We accept." Zira replied graciously after a few moments of deliberation. The fae returned to perching on top of her mate alongside his Stormy. "...I'm certainly not flying the entire way."

Quartz laughed loudly at that, eyes glinting as he turned to Zaj. "Well then, lead the way!"

"Ah perhaps you can tell us a bit more about Open Hearth as we walk."
(@starbunmelody this took too long sorry omg)

Zaj nodded before turning around and beginning to walk away, Gals motioning for the two smaller dragons to follow. "Okay, so the basics are this; the clan was started waaaaaay back before I was born, and we were originally in the Shadow flight! But a lot of the dragons were really unhappy there, so the ones who wanted t' move broke off and started their own clan! We didn't rlly have a leader for awhile because we were still gettin' used to the land, but then Galya, who travels the continent to find abandoned hatchlings and travelin' dragons to be part of the clan, found this lil' kid named Zatara and he was really powerful! He can control every type of elemental magic and is a natural born leader! So he an' his mate Wisteria, who's our clan's alchemist and resident scientist, take care of everyone!" She chatted happily, her tail whipping around behind her.

"There are mostly Skydancers and Spirals in the clan, but every dragon who needs a home is welcome." Zaj called back to the group. "But every dragon that calls our clan home has a job. Protector, scryer, historian, diplomat, mechanic, healer, and many others. We take you in, you pay us back by serving the clan."

"Its not as boring as he's makin' it sound." Gale promised. "Everyone picks their job, and they have fun doing it. Its a friendly place."
(@starbunmelody this took too long sorry omg)

Zaj nodded before turning around and beginning to walk away, Gals motioning for the two smaller dragons to follow. "Okay, so the basics are this; the clan was started waaaaaay back before I was born, and we were originally in the Shadow flight! But a lot of the dragons were really unhappy there, so the ones who wanted t' move broke off and started their own clan! We didn't rlly have a leader for awhile because we were still gettin' used to the land, but then Galya, who travels the continent to find abandoned hatchlings and travelin' dragons to be part of the clan, found this lil' kid named Zatara and he was really powerful! He can control every type of elemental magic and is a natural born leader! So he an' his mate Wisteria, who's our clan's alchemist and resident scientist, take care of everyone!" She chatted happily, her tail whipping around behind her.

"There are mostly Skydancers and Spirals in the clan, but every dragon who needs a home is welcome." Zaj called back to the group. "But every dragon that calls our clan home has a job. Protector, scryer, historian, diplomat, mechanic, healer, and many others. We take you in, you pay us back by serving the clan."

"Its not as boring as he's makin' it sound." Gale promised. "Everyone picks their job, and they have fun doing it. Its a friendly place."
Danny | 18 | They/Them