Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Parrot Owners?
1 2 3 4
@Ankokou

I WILL CRY OH MY GOD SHE IS SO CUTE PLZ GIVE HER FACE SCRITCHIEs
@Ankokou

I WILL CRY OH MY GOD SHE IS SO CUTE PLZ GIVE HER FACE SCRITCHIEs
tumblr_inline_o23jkkOsuG1r3lvtf_500.png
@xLull

Do you know the parrot wizard? He's got a Senegal parrot named Kili, a cape parrot named Truman and a scarlet macaw named Santina that he has trained really well and uses in his bird training demonstrations. He got famous for this trick he taught Kili: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7mvQeGdj-k

He's got tons of other training videos, ones showing off his birds tricks and ones of them just having fun!
@xLull

Do you know the parrot wizard? He's got a Senegal parrot named Kili, a cape parrot named Truman and a scarlet macaw named Santina that he has trained really well and uses in his bird training demonstrations. He got famous for this trick he taught Kili: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7mvQeGdj-k

He's got tons of other training videos, ones showing off his birds tricks and ones of them just having fun!
bonsai_princessparrot_1_by_auricolor-dap3vba.png
@BlueSulfur

Have you ever had an IRN before? I've always wanted a firsthand account of how someone took care and trained one during their bluffing stage.
@BlueSulfur

Have you ever had an IRN before? I've always wanted a firsthand account of how someone took care and trained one during their bluffing stage.
bonsai_princessparrot_1_by_auricolor-dap3vba.png
@Ankokou
that is the cutest birb? + with that description even cuter
10/10 best birb you have friend
@Ankokou
that is the cutest birb? + with that description even cuter
10/10 best birb you have friend
@PrincessParrot I do know the Parrot Wizard! He does a bunch of demonstrations for the parrot club in my state! I've watched a ton of his videos. Especially on Kili.

One of my favorite things to do is train animals. I think the overall trainability of the Senegal is what really drew me in to them as a species. I mean, all birds can learn tricks. But after seeing what Michael has been able to do with his little bird, I'm determined to teach Jasper a bunch of tricks as well.
@PrincessParrot I do know the Parrot Wizard! He does a bunch of demonstrations for the parrot club in my state! I've watched a ton of his videos. Especially on Kili.

One of my favorite things to do is train animals. I think the overall trainability of the Senegal is what really drew me in to them as a species. I mean, all birds can learn tricks. But after seeing what Michael has been able to do with his little bird, I'm determined to teach Jasper a bunch of tricks as well.
kzRZtXP.gif
@xLull

He's not technically mine anymore, but I/my mother have a Cockatiel named Matthew~ He's a rescue bird and still is really skittish, however we got him to eat a bit of blueberry yesterday ^-^

I myself have a tamed Zebra Finch, she hates leaving my side. She's spoiled rotten, she loves to be a pain to any visitors~ love her to death though, she's my little puffball.
@xLull

He's not technically mine anymore, but I/my mother have a Cockatiel named Matthew~ He's a rescue bird and still is really skittish, however we got him to eat a bit of blueberry yesterday ^-^

I myself have a tamed Zebra Finch, she hates leaving my side. She's spoiled rotten, she loves to be a pain to any visitors~ love her to death though, she's my little puffball.
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif Fear not child, the Shadows will protect you.tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif
I don't have any "real parrots" but I do have a pair of budgies! I could talk about them all day, lol. The one-- Skibble-- is an absolute sweetheart. He's four and a half years old now and we get along great-- he loves riding around on shoulders and playing with his shadow on the wall, haha. The other, though, Pip, unfortunately never got socialized the same way .A. She's about two, pretends to hate people (but still cries for and accepts help when she get tangled in the curtains every day), and for some reason never lost the baby stripes on her forehead. She's less fun to work with but isn't as bad as a lot of other birds I've encountered! Idk, they're both great and I love them ^^
I don't have any "real parrots" but I do have a pair of budgies! I could talk about them all day, lol. The one-- Skibble-- is an absolute sweetheart. He's four and a half years old now and we get along great-- he loves riding around on shoulders and playing with his shadow on the wall, haha. The other, though, Pip, unfortunately never got socialized the same way .A. She's about two, pretends to hate people (but still cries for and accepts help when she get tangled in the curtains every day), and for some reason never lost the baby stripes on her forehead. She's less fun to work with but isn't as bad as a lot of other birds I've encountered! Idk, they're both great and I love them ^^
iiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz04t.pngiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz085.pngiiiiiiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz0bq.png
I have a 9 year old Moluccan Cockatoo. He is my feather child. :P [img]http://i.imgur.com/eiudHxWl.jpg[/img] Thanks to SageKorppi for the picture!
I have a 9 year old Moluccan Cockatoo. He is my feather child. :P

eiudHxWl.jpg
Thanks to SageKorppi for the picture!
ornithology, birding, aviculture, and museums
@PrincessParrot
Nope, i have worked with birds in the past, but Stolas is the only parrot i've ever owned!, we've owned Stolas for almost a year, but it's likely he's a bit older, he's already sort of gone through a bit of a bluffing phase, i recall it was only a few months long

for stollie, the best course of action for us was to just ignore his biting, usually he only did it for a few moments, then went along with his business
i guess, one of the reasons birds go through a bluffing phase is a need to express independence
we made sure he had plenty of time out of his cage, kept an eye on him, and gave him plenty of attention/interaction. But we made sure not to coddle him too much, let him just find his own way about (His favourite spot ended up being the downstairs lounge!)

@xLull, Jasper sounds very cute, you chose a really nice name for her!
(bird mumbling is the cutest omg, ;w;)
@PrincessParrot
Nope, i have worked with birds in the past, but Stolas is the only parrot i've ever owned!, we've owned Stolas for almost a year, but it's likely he's a bit older, he's already sort of gone through a bit of a bluffing phase, i recall it was only a few months long

for stollie, the best course of action for us was to just ignore his biting, usually he only did it for a few moments, then went along with his business
i guess, one of the reasons birds go through a bluffing phase is a need to express independence
we made sure he had plenty of time out of his cage, kept an eye on him, and gave him plenty of attention/interaction. But we made sure not to coddle him too much, let him just find his own way about (His favourite spot ended up being the downstairs lounge!)

@xLull, Jasper sounds very cute, you chose a really nice name for her!
(bird mumbling is the cutest omg, ;w;)
tn0RSo5.png MUYNhfy.png lCK29fT.png
4BheGMt.png5iXiC8z.png kCHWEjf.png

TWSJTng.pnguVEyOnT.pngYzsnMVk.pngeRwbrSc.png
I have a derp cockatiel, female lutino. She's derp because she can't fly (though not for the lack of trying, but it always ends with a hard crash landing), it's something in her head. She couldn't even keep her balance long enough to sit on a branch at first, it was that bad. She couldn't even climb the bars of her cage.

It's gotten a whole lot better with practice (though she still tumbles off her perch when she's sleeping every once in a while and I wake up to the sound of a lot of panicked screeching). But flying? That's going to forever be a no-no for her XD She's sweet though, a little grumpy and hissy, but she's never bitten anyone, and while she absolutely hates it when you touch her (no head scratches for my birb) she does like to sit on my shoulder and build a nest in my hair.

She's just weird XD

We do have a sulphur-crested cockatoo named Saskia at the petting zoo where I work, and she's very cuddly!
I have a derp cockatiel, female lutino. She's derp because she can't fly (though not for the lack of trying, but it always ends with a hard crash landing), it's something in her head. She couldn't even keep her balance long enough to sit on a branch at first, it was that bad. She couldn't even climb the bars of her cage.

It's gotten a whole lot better with practice (though she still tumbles off her perch when she's sleeping every once in a while and I wake up to the sound of a lot of panicked screeching). But flying? That's going to forever be a no-no for her XD She's sweet though, a little grumpy and hissy, but she's never bitten anyone, and while she absolutely hates it when you touch her (no head scratches for my birb) she does like to sit on my shoulder and build a nest in my hair.

She's just weird XD

We do have a sulphur-crested cockatoo named Saskia at the petting zoo where I work, and she's very cuddly!
Hoarding:
Wildwood Owlet 9 hours ahead of FR Sakura Owlet
1 2 3 4