Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Subspecies
1 2
@Zhombi

Thanks for the advise! I'll look into it, and see if the creators of some of our subspecies would be willing to help with lore. I should probably make Google docs for them, since everything's plastered on the first post of the thread as of right now. XD

We're also working on finding breeders for our subspecies to make a big hatchery with. It'll likely be in Shadow's sales, but you never know.
@Zhombi

Thanks for the advise! I'll look into it, and see if the creators of some of our subspecies would be willing to help with lore. I should probably make Google docs for them, since everything's plastered on the first post of the thread as of right now. XD

We're also working on finding breeders for our subspecies to make a big hatchery with. It'll likely be in Shadow's sales, but you never know.
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
Lightning has subspecies too! :D Like everyone else, we got the idea from Plague, and it's a fairly recent thing; I've just finished geneing a breeding pair for our Storm Dancer subspecies, and I'm still waiting on the female to be RTB. :D

(I'm really excited; I never thought I'd have any interest in breeding pairs, but the lore for Storm Dancers really grabbed me. Thank you, Plague! :D)
Lightning has subspecies too! :D Like everyone else, we got the idea from Plague, and it's a fairly recent thing; I've just finished geneing a breeding pair for our Storm Dancer subspecies, and I'm still waiting on the female to be RTB. :D

(I'm really excited; I never thought I'd have any interest in breeding pairs, but the lore for Storm Dancers really grabbed me. Thank you, Plague! :D)
tumblr_omdjqr5YYp1r4lw2fo1_500.png
@CaptainCrackers Wow, there's a lot of awesome descriptions of what a Subspecies is already in this thread! Everyone else pretty much covered that! But Wind didn't have any (besides a Deity project, where someone was breeding dragons in the same colors as the Windsinger is) but I did make one recently that seems to be taking off quite well! It's a tough color combination to breed so I'll be interested to see how it blossoms down the road! When I set out to create a subspecies, I wanted something that captured the spirit of the Flight in Lore and in Appearance. I had always mulled the idea around in my head of having a dragon that was Tannish/Green/Spring. My subspecies is required to have Spring Okapi, and one of the little "quirks" of the species is that it is known to blend into the little sprigs of bamboo by laying on its back and swaying its feet in the air to give the appearance of bamboo swaying in the breeze. There's a lot more Lore behind them, even behind different variants and such. I'd love to share but regrettably it is locked in our forums so I can't ;_; Here's what the ideal one looks like though! [img]http://i.imgur.com/vVwW8QK.png[/img] For Ice, honestly, I could see a lot of potential fun projects popping out of the Lore there! ^^
@CaptainCrackers
Wow, there's a lot of awesome descriptions of what a Subspecies is already in this thread! Everyone else pretty much covered that!

But Wind didn't have any (besides a Deity project, where someone was breeding dragons in the same colors as the Windsinger is) but I did make one recently that seems to be taking off quite well! It's a tough color combination to breed so I'll be interested to see how it blossoms down the road!

When I set out to create a subspecies, I wanted something that captured the spirit of the Flight in Lore and in Appearance. I had always mulled the idea around in my head of having a dragon that was Tannish/Green/Spring. My subspecies is required to have Spring Okapi, and one of the little "quirks" of the species is that it is known to blend into the little sprigs of bamboo by laying on its back and swaying its feet in the air to give the appearance of bamboo swaying in the breeze.

There's a lot more Lore behind them, even behind different variants and such. I'd love to share but regrettably it is locked in our forums so I can't ;_;

Here's what the ideal one looks like though!
vVwW8QK.png

For Ice, honestly, I could see a lot of potential fun projects popping out of the Lore there! ^^
1kz7OWt.png
@Dragoness
Someone mentioned Wind having one in the discussion in the Ice forums, so that's why I mentioned wind. That Skydancer looks really pretty, and I love the lore that you mentioned as well. ^v^

There are definitely a lot of possibilities for Ice. Some people have been brainstorming over in Ice, and they all look really interesting from what I've seen. Snowbellies have been mentioned, as well as Snow Leopards, and I think what some people are calling Ice Caps.

And for everyone else, thank you for all the input!
@Dragoness
Someone mentioned Wind having one in the discussion in the Ice forums, so that's why I mentioned wind. That Skydancer looks really pretty, and I love the lore that you mentioned as well. ^v^

There are definitely a lot of possibilities for Ice. Some people have been brainstorming over in Ice, and they all look really interesting from what I've seen. Snowbellies have been mentioned, as well as Snow Leopards, and I think what some people are calling Ice Caps.

And for everyone else, thank you for all the input!
SVbOCPL.png
Earth, too, has recently started working on it's own sub-species. So far collaborative efforts have resulted in the Geode Dragon. [u]Looks[/u] Primary: [i]Sand through Chocolate, Speckle or Ripple[/i] Secondary: [i]Any colours besides Sand through Chocolate, Facet[/i] Tertiary: [i]Beige through Chocolate (Stone/Slate/Soil look best), Crackle or Gembond[/i] [u]Lore[/u] It is common knowledge that Snapper Dragons have no need for sleep and as such rarely stay still unless they are moulting. What is not common knowledge is that this is exactly what Snapper Dragons want them to believe. There are those rare Snapper Dragons whose spiritual connection to the Earthshaker is so strong that when they reach their first moulting as adults they find their spirits drawn to the Earthshaker, their bodies left behind become petrified and are soon covered from sight by dust, sand and soil. Most of these dragons are still hidden under Dragonhome to this day, but every so often Earthshaker wakes some of these special children. He sends an Earth Sprite to summon a clan to the resting place of the dragon. Upon their arrival, the petrified body long buried under sediment explodes and a Geode Dragon emerges, as a caterpillar from its cocoon Leijon here is a Geode Dragon [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2724206] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/27243/2724206_350.png[/img] [/url] As is Amethyst, who belongs to @Lisandre [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8794354] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/87944/8794354_350.png[/img] [/url] There's also various varieties of Gemstone dragon under discussion, along with 'MossRocks' and Statues. @Caurus' Eskolaite is a working example of a MossRock [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11414008] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/114141/11414008_350.png[/img] [/url]
Earth, too, has recently started working on it's own sub-species. So far collaborative efforts have resulted in the Geode Dragon.
Looks
Primary: Sand through Chocolate, Speckle or Ripple
Secondary: Any colours besides Sand through Chocolate, Facet
Tertiary: Beige through Chocolate (Stone/Slate/Soil look best), Crackle or Gembond

Lore
It is common knowledge that Snapper Dragons have no need for sleep and as such rarely stay still unless they are moulting. What is not common knowledge is that this is exactly what Snapper Dragons want them to believe.

There are those rare Snapper Dragons whose spiritual connection to the Earthshaker is so strong that when they reach their first moulting as adults they find their spirits drawn to the Earthshaker, their bodies left behind become petrified and are soon covered from sight by dust, sand and soil.

Most of these dragons are still hidden under Dragonhome to this day, but every so often Earthshaker wakes some of these special children. He sends an Earth Sprite to summon a clan to the resting place of the dragon. Upon their arrival, the petrified body long buried under sediment explodes and a Geode Dragon emerges, as a caterpillar from its cocoon

Leijon here is a Geode Dragon

2724206_350.png

As is Amethyst, who belongs to @Lisandre

8794354_350.png

There's also various varieties of Gemstone dragon under discussion, along with 'MossRocks' and Statues.

@Caurus' Eskolaite is a working example of a MossRock

11414008_350.png
dR1OCbi.png
Once you go Snap you never go back
Lightning has a large subspecies project in the works(full thanks to plague for kick-starting subspecies and Glenfalconer5 for organising this)!

Here>>>>
Lightning has a large subspecies project in the works(full thanks to plague for kick-starting subspecies and Glenfalconer5 for organising this)!

Here>>>>
OjayHBU.png
Are there any Subs for the Ice Flight?
Are there any Subs for the Ice Flight?
1 2