Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Upcoming Registration Window July 20
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
plague plague plague

//just sayin
plague plague plague

//just sayin
p7DHQEd.gif
Yay!!! Newbies!!!!!!!! I can't wait for this!!! XD
Yay!!! Newbies!!!!!!!! I can't wait for this!!! XD
pixel_tree_by_neoz7-d86q371.png
Ah yes, more new players!
Ice Pappie, you're about to get some new members!

We will be so powerful, just you wait. We'll take over all of FR >8D
Ah yes, more new players!
Ice Pappie, you're about to get some new members!

We will be so powerful, just you wait. We'll take over all of FR >8D
ALWAYS seeking accents/skins for Wilclaws!!
{She/Her | +4 FR Time}
[quote name="BladeKnight" date=2015-07-09 20:52:04] Mm, I kinda wish they'd focus more on site-wide issues rather than adding to the load by opening registration more and more often. Like...the economy is nearly broken now? Coliseum is still constantly falling into unplayable lag due to certain animations and server load? Server crashes every day? ...These don't seem a little more important? [/quote] I can only sign that - especially the Coli part. As soon as there are more then 2k people online it is impossible to play without lags or even get into the coli. Instead of bringing more and more player into the game, they should focus on making the game running even with high traffic. Also, there are enough other problems to worry about then getting new peps into FR. Make the system running and they'll come all by themselves.
BladeKnight wrote on 2015-07-09:
Mm, I kinda wish they'd focus more on site-wide issues rather than adding to the load by opening registration more and more often.

Like...the economy is nearly broken now? Coliseum is still constantly falling into unplayable lag due to certain animations and server load? Server crashes every day? ...These don't seem a little more important?
I can only sign that - especially the Coli part. As soon as there are more then 2k people online it is impossible to play without lags or even get into the coli.
Instead of bringing more and more player into the game, they should focus on making the game running even with high traffic. Also, there are enough other problems to worry about then getting new peps into FR. Make the system running and they'll come all by themselves.
cdpykkvcrkou.png
[quote name="NerakaFenice" date=2015-07-17 13:01:03] [quote name="BladeKnight" date=2015-07-09 20:52:04] Mm, I kinda wish they'd focus more on site-wide issues rather than adding to the load by opening registration more and more often. Like...the economy is nearly broken now? Coliseum is still constantly falling into unplayable lag due to certain animations and server load? Server crashes every day? ...These don't seem a little more important? [/quote] I can only sign that - especially the Coli part. As soon as there are more then 2k people online it is impossible to play without lags or even get into the coli. Instead of bringing more and more player into the game, they should focus on making the game running even with high traffic. Also, there are enough other problems to worry about then getting new peps into FR. Make the system running and they'll come all by themselves. [/quote] ^This. All of this. [i]~Begin rant.~[/i] I could binge-play on this site some days but when I do, the servers sometimes seem to ever-so-conveniently begin to lag out; maybe I'm just coming on at the wrong time and the relatively lag-free hours only happen to be when I'm asleep. Coli doesn't even let me in half the time I try and occasionally lags so bad during turns during the times I do make it in. Tidal Trouble has moments where it doesn't let me shoot anything because it has to take forever to load the next puzzle or the animation to move everything down. I get rare moments (usually mid-puzzle) where the Jigsaw game just up and dies and makes me start over with a new puzzle. Ugh. *headdesk* Not that I can't deal with all the lag problems - I have been since I joined in June. It's just frustrating when I have to. But eh, maybe I'm just bitter because I came over here from Neopets and expected a bigger breath of fresh air after dealing with the crap over there during the past few months. May Boss Dad send Jumpstart the biggest lightning storm in recorded history. [i]~End rant.~[/i] I'm not familiar with the whole process on fixing server lag but I get that doing so would most likely take enough time, money, and effort that it won't happen anytime soon. But at least with time-consuming things like Jigsaw puzzles, would it be possible to get an optional "save progress" function in case of internet/server goofs?
NerakaFenice wrote on 2015-07-17:
BladeKnight wrote on 2015-07-09:
Mm, I kinda wish they'd focus more on site-wide issues rather than adding to the load by opening registration more and more often.

Like...the economy is nearly broken now? Coliseum is still constantly falling into unplayable lag due to certain animations and server load? Server crashes every day? ...These don't seem a little more important?
I can only sign that - especially the Coli part. As soon as there are more then 2k people online it is impossible to play without lags or even get into the coli.
Instead of bringing more and more player into the game, they should focus on making the game running even with high traffic. Also, there are enough other problems to worry about then getting new peps into FR. Make the system running and they'll come all by themselves.
^This. All of this.

~Begin rant.~
I could binge-play on this site some days but when I do, the servers sometimes seem to ever-so-conveniently begin to lag out; maybe I'm just coming on at the wrong time and the relatively lag-free hours only happen to be when I'm asleep. Coli doesn't even let me in half the time I try and occasionally lags so bad during turns during the times I do make it in. Tidal Trouble has moments where it doesn't let me shoot anything because it has to take forever to load the next puzzle or the animation to move everything down. I get rare moments (usually mid-puzzle) where the Jigsaw game just up and dies and makes me start over with a new puzzle. Ugh. *headdesk* Not that I can't deal with all the lag problems - I have been since I joined in June. It's just frustrating when I have to.

But eh, maybe I'm just bitter because I came over here from Neopets and expected a bigger breath of fresh air after dealing with the crap over there during the past few months. May Boss Dad send Jumpstart the biggest lightning storm in recorded history.
~End rant.~

I'm not familiar with the whole process on fixing server lag but I get that doing so would most likely take enough time, money, and effort that it won't happen anytime soon. But at least with time-consuming things like Jigsaw puzzles, would it be possible to get an optional "save progress" function in case of internet/server goofs?
tumblr_inline_oki65tLbzS1tfmvub_100.pngE6nL5Eq.png
Great :p
Great :p
Welcome new players!

I registered last window, so if you need any help, I'm happy to provide you with it :'D
Welcome new players!

I registered last window, so if you need any help, I'm happy to provide you with it :'D
ku7My32.png
Hehe, I'm tempting my friend to join. Hope he'll be able to do so.
Hehe, I'm tempting my friend to join. Hope he'll be able to do so.
wind_small.pngnFwZQAF.gifImLwTCX.png
3…2…1…

RELEASE THE NEWBIES
3…2…1…

RELEASE THE NEWBIES
9XOxNGE.jpg Always up for some Mammertee Plushies :D
Hope you don't mind I said you referred me as I did start playing because of your pretty dragons.
Hope you don't mind I said you referred me as I did start playing because of your pretty dragons.
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27