Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Changing Avatar
Hi,

I was just wondering how (and whether it is even possible) to change your avatar back to the original, non-specific one new members have. If anyone knows, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Hi,

I was just wondering how (and whether it is even possible) to change your avatar back to the original, non-specific one new members have. If anyone knows, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I think you can change it to a dragon ready to exalt, then exalt it to put avatars back to default c;
I think you can change it to a dragon ready to exalt, then exalt it to put avatars back to default c;
@FlyingHigher
It's funny I found this post. I was just browsing the Guides forum and I found a post about that. It seems the only way to have that happen is to choose a dragon that will leave your lair and never return and either sell or give that dragon away. Make that your avatar before getting rid of the dragon by trade or sale.

Even an exalted dragon is still somehow tied to you because if you change flights as someone noticed and posted, all the dragons you exalted will then say "has been exalted to the...(new deity of your new flight) I am paraphrasing the actual wording of the exalting images of course. You could give the dragon to someone else to exalt then it would be tied to their lair and not yours.

If the dragon is no longer in your lair, nor have you exalted it, then I believe it can no longer be tied to your lair it should then display the default non-specific one.
@FlyingHigher
It's funny I found this post. I was just browsing the Guides forum and I found a post about that. It seems the only way to have that happen is to choose a dragon that will leave your lair and never return and either sell or give that dragon away. Make that your avatar before getting rid of the dragon by trade or sale.

Even an exalted dragon is still somehow tied to you because if you change flights as someone noticed and posted, all the dragons you exalted will then say "has been exalted to the...(new deity of your new flight) I am paraphrasing the actual wording of the exalting images of course. You could give the dragon to someone else to exalt then it would be tied to their lair and not yours.

If the dragon is no longer in your lair, nor have you exalted it, then I believe it can no longer be tied to your lair it should then display the default non-specific one.
@FlyingHigher

I've noticed when you try change avatar on the www1 part of the site, there will be a broken image among the avatars (at least I have it) and picking it as avatar will replace it with the default.
At least that happened to me
@FlyingHigher

I've noticed when you try change avatar on the www1 part of the site, there will be a broken image among the avatars (at least I have it) and picking it as avatar will replace it with the default.
___
Lorie / gemini

FR+8

Tn4TEAZ.png
_
_

__ c6nYENf.png __ dcbbuos.png
[quote name="Competitor" date=2015-07-12 04:41:23] I think you can change it to a dragon ready to exalt, then exalt it to put avatars back to default c; [/quote] I tried this. It doesn't work.
Competitor wrote on 2015-07-12:
I tried this. It doesn't work.
H9klr6C.png
[quote name="Lorii" date=2015-07-12 07:55:41] @FlyingHigher I've noticed when you try change avatar on the www1 part of the site, there will be a broken image among the avatars (at least I have it) and picking it as avatar will replace it with the default. At least that happened to me [/quote]@Lorii I just tried it and it didn't work for me. The broken images were there but when I chose them, my avatar just stayed the same.
Lorii wrote on 2015-07-12:
@FlyingHigher

@Lorii

I just tried it and it didn't work for me. The broken images were there but when I chose them, my avatar just stayed the same.
The Dream Guardian Subspecies RcjtOrM.png
@FlyingHigher Moved to the Help Center! This is the appropriate place to post site related questions. :)
@FlyingHigher Moved to the Help Center! This is the appropriate place to post site related questions. :)
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
Thanks for all the responses, and thanks Enderfalls and Venloki for trying the various suggested methods! I don't have a dragon that I want to exalt/sell so even if the outcome was different for me, I wouldn't be able to find out unless I bought an adult dragon specifically to exalt/sell it, which I don't really have the money to do! [quote name="Lorii" date=2015-07-12 07:55:41] @FlyingHigher I've noticed when you try change avatar on the www1 part of the site, there will be a broken image among the avatars (at least I have it) and picking it as avatar will replace it with the default. At least that happened to me [/quote] I did try this 'www1 page' method but got the same outcome as Venloki: [quote name="Venloki" date=2015-07-12 08:01:39] I just tried it and it didn't work for me. The broken images were there but when I chose them, my avatar just stayed the same. [/quote] For now, I guess I'll just have to keep the avatar I have unless someone else knows a method that may work. However, if I do exalt/sell a dragon in the near future, I'll try changing the avatar to them just in case. Thanks everyone for all your help, and please feel free to suggest any other ideas if you have them :) I'll keep checking the discussion just in case.
Thanks for all the responses, and thanks Enderfalls and Venloki for trying the various suggested methods! I don't have a dragon that I want to exalt/sell so even if the outcome was different for me, I wouldn't be able to find out unless I bought an adult dragon specifically to exalt/sell it, which I don't really have the money to do!

Lorii wrote on 2015-07-12:
@FlyingHigher

I did try this 'www1 page' method but got the same outcome as Venloki:
Venloki wrote on 2015-07-12:
I just tried it and it didn't work for me. The broken images were there but when I chose them, my avatar just stayed the same.

For now, I guess I'll just have to keep the avatar I have unless someone else knows a method that may work. However, if I do exalt/sell a dragon in the near future, I'll try changing the avatar to them just in case.

Thanks everyone for all your help, and please feel free to suggest any other ideas if you have them :) I'll keep checking the discussion just in case.
@JCStitches

Thanks for moving the discussion to the appropriate place! I've not posted before so I don't quite know what I'm doing yet :P
@JCStitches

Thanks for moving the discussion to the appropriate place! I've not posted before so I don't quite know what I'm doing yet :P