Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Flight Rising School
1 2 3 4 5 6
@polterheist Yeah, I nearly immediately thought of Neopets school system, but I think either I was on Hiatus during that time or it was before my time there so I don't know much about it.

Yeah, I would like a coli training school as well, I just don't think the majority of people would.
@polterheist Yeah, I nearly immediately thought of Neopets school system, but I think either I was on Hiatus during that time or it was before my time there so I don't know much about it.

Yeah, I would like a coli training school as well, I just don't think the majority of people would.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Ehhh

Do my dragons actually leave my lair to go to school? Because I'm not really comfortable with that. What happens with I click on a link to them? Does the normal page just pop up?

The idea is cute but I would rather see like, a finished coli or crafting or whatever first.
Ehhh

Do my dragons actually leave my lair to go to school? Because I'm not really comfortable with that. What happens with I click on a link to them? Does the normal page just pop up?

The idea is cute but I would rather see like, a finished coli or crafting or whatever first.
NY105Sx.gif
@StopTheBats The way I would like it is while the dragon doesn't ACTUALLY leave the lair, they are 'seen' as leaving (ie you can look at them, but can't interact with familiars, they don't need to be feed from your stores etc...) IF the school took the dragons for longer than a day. The 'Day school' idea, where the dragons would go for x hours a day, I still don't think that the dragon would leave your lair (I wouldn't be comfortable with that either) but you probably would still be able to interact with them.
@StopTheBats The way I would like it is while the dragon doesn't ACTUALLY leave the lair, they are 'seen' as leaving (ie you can look at them, but can't interact with familiars, they don't need to be feed from your stores etc...) IF the school took the dragons for longer than a day. The 'Day school' idea, where the dragons would go for x hours a day, I still don't think that the dragon would leave your lair (I wouldn't be comfortable with that either) but you probably would still be able to interact with them.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Jemadar

Then what is the downside of sending my dragon to school? Nothing? It needs to be balanced. Is there a limit (other than the age limit) of how many I can send per day?

EDIT: Typo.
@Jemadar

Then what is the downside of sending my dragon to school? Nothing? It needs to be balanced. Is there a limit (other than the age limit) of how many I can send per day?

EDIT: Typo.
NY105Sx.gif
@Jemadar

I don't remember using Neo's school system very often because I distinctly remember there was 'Tuition'... which actually might be a neat mechanic? It was kind of a waste of time on Neo because it was so expensive. It was specifically for Battle Dome stat boosts, too.

Here is a guide on it. Maybe we can learn something from this mechanic!

I guess enough people used it, probably because it was the only real option they had... but with Coli training and leveling being it's own system, the "Training School" idea might be a little much unless there was like a SIGNIFICANT advantage to it.

And the economy on FR is a little inflated (not a bad as Neo ofc) so I'd imagine for it to hold any weight, Hatchling "Training School" would need to cost gems.

Someone else brought this up but like, if it was for Coli benefit only (which seems to be it's only real use as a mechanic) then it doesn't address the Eternal Hatchlings problem - which is essentially that they could 'Train' forever and it would all mean nothing because they can't use Coli anyways.
@Jemadar

I don't remember using Neo's school system very often because I distinctly remember there was 'Tuition'... which actually might be a neat mechanic? It was kind of a waste of time on Neo because it was so expensive. It was specifically for Battle Dome stat boosts, too.

Here is a guide on it. Maybe we can learn something from this mechanic!

I guess enough people used it, probably because it was the only real option they had... but with Coli training and leveling being it's own system, the "Training School" idea might be a little much unless there was like a SIGNIFICANT advantage to it.

And the economy on FR is a little inflated (not a bad as Neo ofc) so I'd imagine for it to hold any weight, Hatchling "Training School" would need to cost gems.

Someone else brought this up but like, if it was for Coli benefit only (which seems to be it's only real use as a mechanic) then it doesn't address the Eternal Hatchlings problem - which is essentially that they could 'Train' forever and it would all mean nothing because they can't use Coli anyways.
XsyYMAb.png
y0r4chX.gif
@StopTheBats

OP mentioned it possibly only being for Hatchlings, another person suggested 'Up to 6wks of age' so the 'limit' would be that school would be a very short mechanic that would give meaning to the Hatchling stage or give people something to do while they were waiting for a dragon's Adulthood cooldown to kick in that would give some sort of bonus.

I imagine the 'limit' would be age, so you have a very short time window for you to get those boosts. If it's just Hatchlings then it's only one week before you lose those advantages forever.
@StopTheBats

OP mentioned it possibly only being for Hatchlings, another person suggested 'Up to 6wks of age' so the 'limit' would be that school would be a very short mechanic that would give meaning to the Hatchling stage or give people something to do while they were waiting for a dragon's Adulthood cooldown to kick in that would give some sort of bonus.

I imagine the 'limit' would be age, so you have a very short time window for you to get those boosts. If it's just Hatchlings then it's only one week before you lose those advantages forever.
XsyYMAb.png
y0r4chX.gif
@polterheist

Well, that makes it almost totally useless for me. Great.
@polterheist

Well, that makes it almost totally useless for me. Great.
NY105Sx.gif
@StopTheBats

I'm confused by this. I don't really support OP's initial idea but I like the idea of some sort of Hatchling bonus because at the moment they just take up space.

I'm not sure it's a fair criticism to say that just because a mechanic like this wouldn't be useful to you currently doesn't mean it couldn't be a useful feature in general?

I am sure that if it were ever implemented there would be a cool down and it wouldn't be a 'limitless' feature.
@StopTheBats

I'm confused by this. I don't really support OP's initial idea but I like the idea of some sort of Hatchling bonus because at the moment they just take up space.

I'm not sure it's a fair criticism to say that just because a mechanic like this wouldn't be useful to you currently doesn't mean it couldn't be a useful feature in general?

I am sure that if it were ever implemented there would be a cool down and it wouldn't be a 'limitless' feature.
XsyYMAb.png
y0r4chX.gif
@polterheist

I'm not saying it's a bad idea or that I wouldn't want it implemented, I'm just saying I wouldn't find a lot of use out of it, that's all. I wouldn't mind if it was implemented.

Like I said before, I would prefer more important features come out first, rather than this, if it was added.
@polterheist

I'm not saying it's a bad idea or that I wouldn't want it implemented, I'm just saying I wouldn't find a lot of use out of it, that's all. I wouldn't mind if it was implemented.

Like I said before, I would prefer more important features come out first, rather than this, if it was added.
NY105Sx.gif
@StopTheBats

Fair enough! By the way, I have never heard of an RP Clan before you and I think the idea is really cool!
@StopTheBats

Fair enough! By the way, I have never heard of an RP Clan before you and I think the idea is really cool!
XsyYMAb.png
y0r4chX.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6