Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Cryptids! Monsters! Mythical Creatures!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@Lesley woah, that sounds terrifying. Most mythical creatures I'm okay with, but anything hanging around Uncanny Valley just freaks me out so bad. *shudders* Does make you wonder, though. I mean, if they weren't BEKs, what were they doing? I can't actually think of a logical answer to this. Just. Uugh... I'm never going out alone ever again.
@Lesley woah, that sounds terrifying. Most mythical creatures I'm okay with, but anything hanging around Uncanny Valley just freaks me out so bad. *shudders* Does make you wonder, though. I mean, if they weren't BEKs, what were they doing? I can't actually think of a logical answer to this. Just. Uugh... I'm never going out alone ever again.
@Nihilo

Yeah, it was definitely an uncomfortable experience, whatever was going on there.

That's as close as I've ever gotten to an actual paranormal experience, but I've definitely been various places in my life that I felt had a presence of their own. Gettysburg, for example. I didn't see any ghosts there, but I sure as hell believe that it's haunted.
@Nihilo

Yeah, it was definitely an uncomfortable experience, whatever was going on there.

That's as close as I've ever gotten to an actual paranormal experience, but I've definitely been various places in my life that I felt had a presence of their own. Gettysburg, for example. I didn't see any ghosts there, but I sure as hell believe that it's haunted.
I found stars on the tip of your tongue/You speak poltergeist and so do I
dark-dragon-hatchling-water-pixel.gif
I can't help but think of the BEKs as being related to vampires. Don't vampires ask for permission before entering a dwelling? Or maybe they're some sort of spirit-possibly a non human one?

I do remember hearing from a guy that did ghost tours that waterways tend to attract energy. The guy was very good at telling stories, so even if you are certain and don't believe in things like that, you'd still be entertained by the stories he'd tell. Don't know how true the whole waterways attracting energy sort of thing is, but it's interesting to ponder at least!

I think the Wendigo is a cryptid as well. Scary thing that is. It eats people.
I can't help but think of the BEKs as being related to vampires. Don't vampires ask for permission before entering a dwelling? Or maybe they're some sort of spirit-possibly a non human one?

I do remember hearing from a guy that did ghost tours that waterways tend to attract energy. The guy was very good at telling stories, so even if you are certain and don't believe in things like that, you'd still be entertained by the stories he'd tell. Don't know how true the whole waterways attracting energy sort of thing is, but it's interesting to ponder at least!

I think the Wendigo is a cryptid as well. Scary thing that is. It eats people.
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
@Ashotinthedark

That's actually a theory that's been brought up before, the vampire thing. I don't know too much about vampire mythos but it's certainly an intriguing parallel.

The main race of my fiction universe actually incorporates aspects of the wendigo, along with another NA cryptid that I'm going to avoid naming directly due to potential cultural sensitivities. I'm especially inspired by depictions of wendigo as having antlers or wearing deer skulls on their heads, and my race utilizes that. They're definitely not above eating people on occasion either.
@Ashotinthedark

That's actually a theory that's been brought up before, the vampire thing. I don't know too much about vampire mythos but it's certainly an intriguing parallel.

The main race of my fiction universe actually incorporates aspects of the wendigo, along with another NA cryptid that I'm going to avoid naming directly due to potential cultural sensitivities. I'm especially inspired by depictions of wendigo as having antlers or wearing deer skulls on their heads, and my race utilizes that. They're definitely not above eating people on occasion either.
@Jametheyst sure, although it's pretty dumb. Me and a coworker were throwing pallets into a compactor and I guess the boards got caught wrong, but it started making this loud screeching noise. Someone else came back asking what that noise was and we told them we found a chupacabra in the back room. For the last 2-3 weeks now anything that happens is because of that darned chupacabra.
@Lesley that sounds terrifying as well, but at the same time kind of cool lol
@Jametheyst sure, although it's pretty dumb. Me and a coworker were throwing pallets into a compactor and I guess the boards got caught wrong, but it started making this loud screeching noise. Someone else came back asking what that noise was and we told them we found a chupacabra in the back room. For the last 2-3 weeks now anything that happens is because of that darned chupacabra.
@Lesley that sounds terrifying as well, but at the same time kind of cool lol
2WbApPz.png
I'm open to the idea and I do think that there are things we haven't discovered yet/explained but I am skeptical.

I don't deny that people see things but there are cases than I can easily tell are cases of mistaken identity or misidentification.

Like for example, people who see silver cigar shaped UFO that don't make noise. Guess what else is silver and cigar shaped and doesn't make noise. A commercial airplane 30,000 ft up, so you can't see the wings quite but you do see the blinking lights. And its too high up to hear.

Also I don't quite believe the Chupacabra story. First it was a bipedal reptilian and now it's a mangy dog thing? Yeah...I don't know what caused those livestock to be drained of blood and massacred in the night but it wasn't what people are describing. Something else is afoot. Same with the mutilated cow carcasses, they determined it was due to fly larvae not extraterrestrial.

Bigfoot/Sasquatch is probably one of the highly likely ones, because it has history. The native Americans have had a "hairy man" or "wild man" legends fitting Bigfoots description long before European settlers arrived. Plus the hundreds of sightings add up. It's something more people should look into

I'm also mixed on the Patterson film. These scientists claim there's no way the suit is fake and its genuine but these scientists say its totally fake because x,y, z AND some dude came forward and said it was fake.

(???)
I'm open to the idea and I do think that there are things we haven't discovered yet/explained but I am skeptical.

I don't deny that people see things but there are cases than I can easily tell are cases of mistaken identity or misidentification.

Like for example, people who see silver cigar shaped UFO that don't make noise. Guess what else is silver and cigar shaped and doesn't make noise. A commercial airplane 30,000 ft up, so you can't see the wings quite but you do see the blinking lights. And its too high up to hear.

Also I don't quite believe the Chupacabra story. First it was a bipedal reptilian and now it's a mangy dog thing? Yeah...I don't know what caused those livestock to be drained of blood and massacred in the night but it wasn't what people are describing. Something else is afoot. Same with the mutilated cow carcasses, they determined it was due to fly larvae not extraterrestrial.

Bigfoot/Sasquatch is probably one of the highly likely ones, because it has history. The native Americans have had a "hairy man" or "wild man" legends fitting Bigfoots description long before European settlers arrived. Plus the hundreds of sightings add up. It's something more people should look into

I'm also mixed on the Patterson film. These scientists claim there's no way the suit is fake and its genuine but these scientists say its totally fake because x,y, z AND some dude came forward and said it was fake.

(???)
@set348 With regards to my BEK story or my wendigo-ish people?

@Kuhli

When it comes to aliens...I'm one of those people who's skeptical about UFO sightings or abduction stories (although they're awfully fun to listen to and the psychology behind them is just so exciting) but yet I have no doubt that aliens -do- exist somewhere in the universe. It's just too big for that to not be the case. I'm not convinced at all that an intelligent alien race has visited us yet, though.
@set348 With regards to my BEK story or my wendigo-ish people?

@Kuhli

When it comes to aliens...I'm one of those people who's skeptical about UFO sightings or abduction stories (although they're awfully fun to listen to and the psychology behind them is just so exciting) but yet I have no doubt that aliens -do- exist somewhere in the universe. It's just too big for that to not be the case. I'm not convinced at all that an intelligent alien race has visited us yet, though.
@Lesley the BEK story, although the wendigo thing is cool as well
@Lesley the BEK story, although the wendigo thing is cool as well
2WbApPz.png
@set348

It was kinda cool in a creepy messed up way, lol. Although I might not see it the same way had it turned into a full-blown BEK encounter. It's always easier when you can brush up against this stuff and walk away unscathed.
@set348

It was kinda cool in a creepy messed up way, lol. Although I might not see it the same way had it turned into a full-blown BEK encounter. It's always easier when you can brush up against this stuff and walk away unscathed.
@Lesley I agree. I've never had any paranormal encounters, but as I interesting as I find them I don't think I'd ever actually want to actually experience that. I'm too much of a chicken lol.
@Lesley I agree. I've never had any paranormal encounters, but as I interesting as I find them I don't think I'd ever actually want to actually experience that. I'm too much of a chicken lol.
2WbApPz.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7