Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Coliseum: slows after magic attacks
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
as comforting as it is to know i'm not the only one suffering this problem. is there a solution (or a list of possible solutions?) to this problem???? my coli's been SUPER laggy ever since the shadow festival tbh.
as comforting as it is to know i'm not the only one suffering this problem. is there a solution (or a list of possible solutions?) to this problem???? my coli's been SUPER laggy ever since the shadow festival tbh.
go48U0P.png
I know this is a known issue, but I noticed that the arcane ranged attack almost always does the slowdown in my browser. (Silk, which I know isn't helpful) This happens in both the safemode version and regular Coli. However, Water and Light attacks don't have the same effect.

For me, in the Mire:
Slows:
* Arcane

Does not Slow:
* Water
* Light

Again, sorry to bother you if this is something you already know. I was hoping the specifics might help pinpoint the issue.
I know this is a known issue, but I noticed that the arcane ranged attack almost always does the slowdown in my browser. (Silk, which I know isn't helpful) This happens in both the safemode version and regular Coli. However, Water and Light attacks don't have the same effect.

For me, in the Mire:
Slows:
* Arcane

Does not Slow:
* Water
* Light

Again, sorry to bother you if this is something you already know. I was hoping the specifics might help pinpoint the issue.
8iDKd5C.png * she / her
* prone to dropping details
* probably the brain surgery
* don't worry, even my neurosurgeon is happy!
* please contact if I forget something!
* (I mean it! :) )
I got a new computer back in January. Since I've had this new computer, I have never had an issue with magic attacks slowing the coli. However, tonight I noticed that the coli was running slowly at one point. I figured it was lag due to the issues that FR has been having all day, so I just restarted in safe mode. After the restart, it was running fine, so I thought nothing of it. Then a mistwatch shellion sent an ice bolt at my Mire trainer, and the whole coli slowed to a crawl again.

I have no idea what is different with the coliseum today versus yesterday, when my game was running fine, but it caused the magic lag to kick in on my computer. And it makes it really, really, really difficult to level dragons and thus is really annoying. I really hope you will be addressing this bug soon!

Edit: Forgot to say that I'm running Windows 7 and Chrome, but considering it worked fine yesterday, I somehow don't think that really is the issue?
I got a new computer back in January. Since I've had this new computer, I have never had an issue with magic attacks slowing the coli. However, tonight I noticed that the coli was running slowly at one point. I figured it was lag due to the issues that FR has been having all day, so I just restarted in safe mode. After the restart, it was running fine, so I thought nothing of it. Then a mistwatch shellion sent an ice bolt at my Mire trainer, and the whole coli slowed to a crawl again.

I have no idea what is different with the coliseum today versus yesterday, when my game was running fine, but it caused the magic lag to kick in on my computer. And it makes it really, really, really difficult to level dragons and thus is really annoying. I really hope you will be addressing this bug soon!

Edit: Forgot to say that I'm running Windows 7 and Chrome, but considering it worked fine yesterday, I somehow don't think that really is the issue?
I think it's time I add a post to this topic as well.

A few months ago, when I started playing the Coli, things also used to work fine for me. At some point down the road, not long after that, I began having the same slowdown issue everyone else in this topic has described so well. Nothing has changed on my end and I have always played on Chrome, too. Other browsers did not change the result, although I should note that IE isn't a viable option for me. I did try using a newer laptop instead of my regular one, but lag still happened on the same circumstances.

Usually this is triggered by elemental magical bolts, Contuse and Disorient. For example, in the Kelp Beds, if an Octoflyer uses Drown, the game continues just as well, but if it uses the water bolt, chances are lag will happen. Disorient is the only specific magical attack that triggers it for me, apparently.

The game slows as soon as the enemy casts the bolt. That means I can see the bolt slowly coming off from them, and, as such, it is irrelevant whether my dragon will dodge or not. One thing that has helped me a little was to kill bottom casters first, since bolts aimed upside down do seem to have a smaller chance to cause the issue.

On a very small number of times, following my strategy of killing bottom casters first, when one of the top casters shoots a bolt upside down or (more commonly) across the battle area, I experience the opposite effect. The game's animation seems to move slightly faster than normal, although not as smooth (as if a frame or two were skipped here and there), which makes it a bit awkward to follow. I wouldn't say it's faster enough to be considered an advantage of any kind (not that I can control it anyway), just a bizarre opposite effect that happens rarely instead of the slowdown. Both persist until refreshing.

Following an idea mentioned previously on this same topic, I have tried to force hardware acceleration by ticking on the "Override software rendering list" option in Chrome flags, which worked for a while, but soon started causing odd effects on the animations and random pauses during gameplay. I also tried the opposite, disabling the hardware acceleration already ticked on by default on Chrome, with no significant changes. Coliseum safemode and Alternate game socket were options I tried for the sake of it, again no significant changes.

I don't think I can put into words how aggravating this is, or how disheartening it is to hear this issue has been going on for so many people since 2013 without any sort of fix attempt being (apparently) made. For now, I'm just hoping that the Coliseum rewrite and/or accessibility "no animations" changes will be next, before it kills my interest on the one feature of the site that keeps me coming back.
I think it's time I add a post to this topic as well.

A few months ago, when I started playing the Coli, things also used to work fine for me. At some point down the road, not long after that, I began having the same slowdown issue everyone else in this topic has described so well. Nothing has changed on my end and I have always played on Chrome, too. Other browsers did not change the result, although I should note that IE isn't a viable option for me. I did try using a newer laptop instead of my regular one, but lag still happened on the same circumstances.

Usually this is triggered by elemental magical bolts, Contuse and Disorient. For example, in the Kelp Beds, if an Octoflyer uses Drown, the game continues just as well, but if it uses the water bolt, chances are lag will happen. Disorient is the only specific magical attack that triggers it for me, apparently.

The game slows as soon as the enemy casts the bolt. That means I can see the bolt slowly coming off from them, and, as such, it is irrelevant whether my dragon will dodge or not. One thing that has helped me a little was to kill bottom casters first, since bolts aimed upside down do seem to have a smaller chance to cause the issue.

On a very small number of times, following my strategy of killing bottom casters first, when one of the top casters shoots a bolt upside down or (more commonly) across the battle area, I experience the opposite effect. The game's animation seems to move slightly faster than normal, although not as smooth (as if a frame or two were skipped here and there), which makes it a bit awkward to follow. I wouldn't say it's faster enough to be considered an advantage of any kind (not that I can control it anyway), just a bizarre opposite effect that happens rarely instead of the slowdown. Both persist until refreshing.

Following an idea mentioned previously on this same topic, I have tried to force hardware acceleration by ticking on the "Override software rendering list" option in Chrome flags, which worked for a while, but soon started causing odd effects on the animations and random pauses during gameplay. I also tried the opposite, disabling the hardware acceleration already ticked on by default on Chrome, with no significant changes. Coliseum safemode and Alternate game socket were options I tried for the sake of it, again no significant changes.

I don't think I can put into words how aggravating this is, or how disheartening it is to hear this issue has been going on for so many people since 2013 without any sort of fix attempt being (apparently) made. For now, I'm just hoping that the Coliseum rewrite and/or accessibility "no animations" changes will be next, before it kills my interest on the one feature of the site that keeps me coming back.
7irhbB2.png
Just for the record, this is also an issue for me. I'm a new user so I don't know what it was like before, but I have used more than one computer and I see a huge difference between them. It starts off fine but quickly lags down when using my Chromebook (obviously Chrome is my only option). Other flash games (other sites, and also the Fairgrounds games) work fine, it's just fighting in the Coliseum that slows to a crawl.
Just for the record, this is also an issue for me. I'm a new user so I don't know what it was like before, but I have used more than one computer and I see a huge difference between them. It starts off fine but quickly lags down when using my Chromebook (obviously Chrome is my only option). Other flash games (other sites, and also the Fairgrounds games) work fine, it's just fighting in the Coliseum that slows to a crawl.
I have the same exact issue that everyone else has; the Coli slows to an unbearable crawl after Bolt attacks are used.

@Liatai is onto something awesome - it DOES seem to only happen on diagonals! By killing the magi-monsters on the bottom of the screen first I was able to squash the frequency of the issue by about 65%, so if you're grinding and this is a huge issue for you, try that method! It's way better than having to reload the Coli every single time there's a slowdown and losing all that built up breath and the experience bonus.

(I'm using Google Chrome on a Windows Vista machine.)
I have the same exact issue that everyone else has; the Coli slows to an unbearable crawl after Bolt attacks are used.

@Liatai is onto something awesome - it DOES seem to only happen on diagonals! By killing the magi-monsters on the bottom of the screen first I was able to squash the frequency of the issue by about 65%, so if you're grinding and this is a huge issue for you, try that method! It's way better than having to reload the Coli every single time there's a slowdown and losing all that built up breath and the experience bonus.

(I'm using Google Chrome on a Windows Vista machine.)
mwQvb88.jpg
Same issue, but I have problems where it will trigger on spell casts that aren't diagonal. I've been playing in the kelp beds. Disorient seems to trigger it most consistently, but I can be in a fight with a boss manta, and not trigger it until mid fight. And then, sometimes not only does it trigger, but it crashes/freezes the coliseum. There will be a sort of "torn image" of the coliseum that is frozen on screen, almost as if the coliseum were part of a picture book that a kid decided to tear a page out of. Also, it seems to trigger most often at night when the kelp beds swap to "night mode". I have not had the issue trigger after congeal or contagion, but had it trigger frequently during many bolt attacks (usually contuse, shadow, or arcane, rarely vile bolt or ice bolt), very frequently during disorient, and only occasionally with drown.

I'm currently on Google chrome with updated flash drivers on windows 7.
Same issue, but I have problems where it will trigger on spell casts that aren't diagonal. I've been playing in the kelp beds. Disorient seems to trigger it most consistently, but I can be in a fight with a boss manta, and not trigger it until mid fight. And then, sometimes not only does it trigger, but it crashes/freezes the coliseum. There will be a sort of "torn image" of the coliseum that is frozen on screen, almost as if the coliseum were part of a picture book that a kid decided to tear a page out of. Also, it seems to trigger most often at night when the kelp beds swap to "night mode". I have not had the issue trigger after congeal or contagion, but had it trigger frequently during many bolt attacks (usually contuse, shadow, or arcane, rarely vile bolt or ice bolt), very frequently during disorient, and only occasionally with drown.

I'm currently on Google chrome with updated flash drivers on windows 7.
tumblr_inline_o0idijyg7x1qg2i5p_540.png
This seems to occur far more frequently on older machines or machines with less computing power, as I've discovered. Either that or using Google Chrome helps significantly in fixing the issue.

While using Chrome on my Windows 7 laptop, I never experienced this issue; I used it for the Coliseum from when it was two to three years old. On a high-performance Windows 7 desktop, which was new, I didn't experience it either.
However, the issue is present when I'm using the built-in browser on my mobile phone (and results don't vary depending on if I'm connected to Wi-Fi or not) and when I'm using Mozilla Firefox on a five-year-old desktop running Windows Vista.
This seems to occur far more frequently on older machines or machines with less computing power, as I've discovered. Either that or using Google Chrome helps significantly in fixing the issue.

While using Chrome on my Windows 7 laptop, I never experienced this issue; I used it for the Coliseum from when it was two to three years old. On a high-performance Windows 7 desktop, which was new, I didn't experience it either.
However, the issue is present when I'm using the built-in browser on my mobile phone (and results don't vary depending on if I'm connected to Wi-Fi or not) and when I'm using Mozilla Firefox on a five-year-old desktop running Windows Vista.
I know I recently reported on this issue (well, a few months ago, but still on this page), but I wanted to add a few things. One is that it seemingly fixed itself at some point, and I no longer had the magic bolt lag. But then my computer installed a new Windows update and it is doing it again. And I remembered that last time it did it was right after a Windows update, so I don't know if that is coincidence or something of note. Two is that I don't know that the diagonals thing is valid anymore, as twice it has lagged with straight shots. (Once with a boss in the Kelp Beds and once with a Payworm in the Mire.) Third is that it just got worse for me. Not only did my game lag just now with a bolt, but it actually crashed. I really hope you are doing something about this, because it is beyond annoying.

@dreamtime
I don't know that it is related to computer age/performance and/or the use of Chrome. As I am running Chrome, and my computer was built for me as a gaming computer. (It has a fast processor, lots of RAM, a great graphics card, etc.) Plus, it is barely 7 months old. (And I had the magic lag when it was only a few months old.)
I know I recently reported on this issue (well, a few months ago, but still on this page), but I wanted to add a few things. One is that it seemingly fixed itself at some point, and I no longer had the magic bolt lag. But then my computer installed a new Windows update and it is doing it again. And I remembered that last time it did it was right after a Windows update, so I don't know if that is coincidence or something of note. Two is that I don't know that the diagonals thing is valid anymore, as twice it has lagged with straight shots. (Once with a boss in the Kelp Beds and once with a Payworm in the Mire.) Third is that it just got worse for me. Not only did my game lag just now with a bolt, but it actually crashed. I really hope you are doing something about this, because it is beyond annoying.

@dreamtime
I don't know that it is related to computer age/performance and/or the use of Chrome. As I am running Chrome, and my computer was built for me as a gaming computer. (It has a fast processor, lots of RAM, a great graphics card, etc.) Plus, it is barely 7 months old. (And I had the magic lag when it was only a few months old.)
[quote name="dreamtime" date=2015-07-20 18:52:59] This seems to occur far more frequently on older machines or machines with less computing power, as I've discovered. Either that or using Google Chrome helps significantly in fixing the issue. [/quote] I have noticed the same exact thing. On my budget laptop with windows 7 64 bit home, magic attacks on either side make the coli lag. Unless of course I only use one or two dragons. Using firefox. On our new computer made specifically to run skyrim, There simply isn't any lag ever. Firefox on windows 7 professional 64 bit . I even reloaded windows 7 on the laptop to try fixing the coli but nope. The video card for the gaming pc is Evega GT730 1Gb ddr5. The laptop has an APU with AMD Radeon graphics 512MB. I hope it's not lagging for AMD users only ~.~; Edit> Chrome fixed all my issues.
dreamtime wrote on 2015-07-20:

I have noticed the same exact thing. On my budget laptop with windows 7 64 bit home, magic attacks on either side make the coli lag. Unless of course I only use one or two dragons. Using firefox.

On our new computer made specifically to run skyrim, There simply isn't any lag ever. Firefox on windows 7 professional 64 bit . I even reloaded windows 7 on the laptop to try fixing the coli but nope. The video card for the gaming pc is Evega GT730 1Gb ddr5. The laptop has an APU with AMD Radeon graphics 512MB.

I hope it's not lagging for AMD users only ~.~;

Edit> Chrome fixed all my issues.
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28