Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Help
1 2
So I just joined FR on the last registration. Of course I'm thoroughly addicted, and as such, I've decided to do my college honors economics project on the market in FR. BUT, being new still, I have some questions for those who have been around a while...

For anyone willing to help out:

How do you primarily choose to make gold?

For those who breed to sell dragons, how do you determine selling price?

Have you noticed a shift in prices of items (any, food, apparel, dragons, etc) when new players register?

And does anyone know about drop percentages? For rare items, etc?

Thank you!

Edit by Gaia to remove the all-caps, in accordance with our forum code of conduct.
So I just joined FR on the last registration. Of course I'm thoroughly addicted, and as such, I've decided to do my college honors economics project on the market in FR. BUT, being new still, I have some questions for those who have been around a while...

For anyone willing to help out:

Have you noticed a shift in prices of items (any, food, apparel, dragons, etc) when new players register?

Thank you!

Edit by Gaia to remove the all-caps, in accordance with our forum code of conduct.
@Nagilum
-I generally sell dragons, level and exalt, or open chests and sell contents
-I determine the selling price based on what hatchlings with those colors and go for usually (AH) or in the past
-Items generally go up in price during new reg windows, dragons go down
-dont know about rare drops, sorry
@Nagilum
-I generally sell dragons, level and exalt, or open chests and sell contents
-I determine the selling price based on what hatchlings with those colors and go for usually (AH) or in the past
-Items generally go up in price during new reg windows, dragons go down
-dont know about rare drops, sorry
je67dzK.gif59TgHaL.pngje67dzK.gif
I make most of my funds from selling accents. I also sell/exalt dragons, do dailies, and hoard my treasure like a miser until I decide to go on a sudden spending spree. Oh, buying scrolls and reselling them when your flight has dom can be pretty profitable, although it's a lot slower and less profitable then when the site first opened.

I sell all of my dragons for at least 15k because I can make ~10k by exalting.
I make most of my funds from selling accents. I also sell/exalt dragons, do dailies, and hoard my treasure like a miser until I decide to go on a sudden spending spree. Oh, buying scrolls and reselling them when your flight has dom can be pretty profitable, although it's a lot slower and less profitable then when the site first opened.

I sell all of my dragons for at least 15k because I can make ~10k by exalting.
“blaireau’s
@Slaine Thank you!
@Slaine Thank you!
@Nagilum

Follow the trends, I mostly grind but when i breed a good nest I sell the babies. in festivals I focuses on festival arenas on non festival I grind for stones and food.

Demand and personal like , my avatar gets breeding request all the time so I charge 50k as I am the only one producing her colors at this time .I could charge 100k but I am not a full time breeder so I lower the price.

players wait for reg windows , give Eliminate for example. I could get 30k for one and after reg I can get 56k for one.

also every reg make the sprites increase a lot they have doubled in price since I have joined.

Gathering has a low drop rate even at high levels as it just increases your item pool not the chance of getting rare items.

any other questions?
@Nagilum

Follow the trends, I mostly grind but when i breed a good nest I sell the babies. in festivals I focuses on festival arenas on non festival I grind for stones and food.

Demand and personal like , my avatar gets breeding request all the time so I charge 50k as I am the only one producing her colors at this time .I could charge 100k but I am not a full time breeder so I lower the price.

players wait for reg windows , give Eliminate for example. I could get 30k for one and after reg I can get 56k for one.

also every reg make the sprites increase a lot they have doubled in price since I have joined.

Gathering has a low drop rate even at high levels as it just increases your item pool not the chance of getting rare items.

any other questions?
A5i3AHB.png
@Nagilum

Coliseum battles. I sell the skins, familiars, battle items, and eggs I find on the AH, and dump the rest with the Sell button. Not the optimal strategy, but I spend all of my time farming rare familiars there.

The first week after registration, prices for even common familiars (first 3 venues) can be inflated as much as 5-10 times their "normal" price. For example, usually the sale price of a Strangler is just above its listed Sale price (1675 treasure), but during the first week after registration, I sold one for 9k T.
@Nagilum

Coliseum battles. I sell the skins, familiars, battle items, and eggs I find on the AH, and dump the rest with the Sell button. Not the optimal strategy, but I spend all of my time farming rare familiars there.

The first week after registration, prices for even common familiars (first 3 venues) can be inflated as much as 5-10 times their "normal" price. For example, usually the sale price of a Strangler is just above its listed Sale price (1675 treasure), but during the first week after registration, I sold one for 9k T.
RFX4miZ.png
@Timiculous @Heeroku @blaireau @Slaine

Thank you all so much for your time! I'm doing the bulk of my project today. I would like to quote some of this info, so if anyone does not want to be quoted, let me know?

Another question for those who breed dragons:
How much do you spend on specialty genes for breeding pairs, and how much do you typically get from selling babies from said pair? If anyone feels more inclined to message me privately for these answers, feel free.
@Timiculous @Heeroku @blaireau @Slaine

Thank you all so much for your time! I'm doing the bulk of my project today. I would like to quote some of this info, so if anyone does not want to be quoted, let me know?

Another question for those who breed dragons:
How much do you spend on specialty genes for breeding pairs, and how much do you typically get from selling babies from said pair? If anyone feels more inclined to message me privately for these answers, feel free.
I have a hatchery and I will tell you that it has never been a steady source of income. It requires an immense amount of work for a relatively low payout. The people who have a larger following tend to do better and are able to sell at a higher profit margin. If you don't have that, you're going to get drowned out in a market that is over-saturated. I do it because I get a lot of enjoyment from it, so even if I am at a loss from spending money on genes or whatever, it's still "worth" it to me. Now if you happen to cash in on a brand new gene that is highly sought after? Then you can really make a profit. Like when Crystal/Facet first came out, the market value for dragons with those genes was really high. But of course it has lowered a lot because now it is simply more common and available in the game. That will be the same with any new gene. Eventually the price will go down. So timing is also important if that's your angle.

That all being said, my most steady source of income is from exalting fodder. If I could change one thing, it would be to get my Coli team to level 25 faster....I was just very unenthused about the Coli at first.
I have a hatchery and I will tell you that it has never been a steady source of income. It requires an immense amount of work for a relatively low payout. The people who have a larger following tend to do better and are able to sell at a higher profit margin. If you don't have that, you're going to get drowned out in a market that is over-saturated. I do it because I get a lot of enjoyment from it, so even if I am at a loss from spending money on genes or whatever, it's still "worth" it to me. Now if you happen to cash in on a brand new gene that is highly sought after? Then you can really make a profit. Like when Crystal/Facet first came out, the market value for dragons with those genes was really high. But of course it has lowered a lot because now it is simply more common and available in the game. That will be the same with any new gene. Eventually the price will go down. So timing is also important if that's your angle.

That all being said, my most steady source of income is from exalting fodder. If I could change one thing, it would be to get my Coli team to level 25 faster....I was just very unenthused about the Coli at first.
MdxrYxP.pngylgh68g.png
@Nagilum; I've moved this thread over to the Help Center for you, the perfect place to ask your questions.
@Nagilum; I've moved this thread over to the Help Center for you, the perfect place to ask your questions.
@Gaia
Thank you!
@Gaia
Thank you!
1 2