Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Interesting tidbit from Undel on Tumblr
1 2
"The codesmiths got some great data on Friday. The site’s performance will be about the same this weekend, as they’ve not yet made any changes. They will resume work on the site this Monday (they are a M-F business.) We’re eager to see the site become more responsive!"

So, we can hope to see some improvements this week. Very good news!
"The codesmiths got some great data on Friday. The site’s performance will be about the same this weekend, as they’ve not yet made any changes. They will resume work on the site this Monday (they are a M-F business.) We’re eager to see the site become more responsive!"

So, we can hope to see some improvements this week. Very good news!
177499lightofknowledge2.png
Yay. =D
Yay. =D
I sell G2 Purebred Imps from dragons #181 and 182 Check my lair for listings.
I'm so excited. I get a tingle or joy every time I boot up runestones and it works. Imagine when it works 100% of the time again. *__*
I'm so excited. I get a tingle or joy every time I boot up runestones and it works. Imagine when it works 100% of the time again. *__*
Oh my gods WOOOOOOO! Oh I cannot wait. This site and the people in it have a very near and dear place in my heart and I want us to succeed.
Oh my gods WOOOOOOO! Oh I cannot wait. This site and the people in it have a very near and dear place in my heart and I want us to succeed.
hatchery.png
Yeeessss! My friend is a whimpering pile, practicly scratching at the screen, so I hope this brings registration opening up closer.
Yeeessss! My friend is a whimpering pile, practicly scratching at the screen, so I hope this brings registration opening up closer.
Yay! I cant wait for the site to be fixed. Fast site = Happy users XD
Yay! I cant wait for the site to be fixed. Fast site = Happy users XD
FwOTKoe.gifXxRrwrV.png ZNhRsiG.png XxRrwrV.pngFwOTKoe.gif
The site has been behaving really well the past few days. I'm so excited at the prospect of the site running all speedy! :^)
The site has been behaving really well the past few days. I'm so excited at the prospect of the site running all speedy! :^)
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

Hopefully less stalling from the Coli soon :D
Hopefully less stalling from the Coli soon :D
| Click the banner to see my offer | @Cool to get my attention |
I certainly wish them every success in their endeavours.

I am worried about two common problems when one outsources in this situation: the external people may encounter difficulty understanding the existing code; and they may wish to retain rights to the code they add in ways that will complicate future extensions and modifications of the game.

The fact that this is quite frustrating, of course, is only a measure of how interesting the game of Flight Rising is to play.

I do hope that whatever bottlenecks are preventing the increases in hardware capacity from improving performance are soon found and corrected; in addition to making play more enjoyable for us, it will make it possible to accept new players again.

This is very important to the success and eventual profitability of the Flight Rising site, and thus the game's continued existence. In addition, in a more immediate and direct way to us as players, it will forestall what would otherwise be an impending collapse of dragon prices.
I certainly wish them every success in their endeavours.

I am worried about two common problems when one outsources in this situation: the external people may encounter difficulty understanding the existing code; and they may wish to retain rights to the code they add in ways that will complicate future extensions and modifications of the game.

The fact that this is quite frustrating, of course, is only a measure of how interesting the game of Flight Rising is to play.

I do hope that whatever bottlenecks are preventing the increases in hardware capacity from improving performance are soon found and corrected; in addition to making play more enjoyable for us, it will make it possible to accept new players again.

This is very important to the success and eventual profitability of the Flight Rising site, and thus the game's continued existence. In addition, in a more immediate and direct way to us as players, it will forestall what would otherwise be an impending collapse of dragon prices.
DBCSimpleBanner.png
I'm glad not only for the hopeful increase in stability and performance but also for the admins' sake. It's hard to delegate work, especially on what I'm sure is their baby, but not working yourself to death is important too. It also makes it easier to catch problems before they get roll-back sized when you're not super duper sleep deprived!
I'm glad not only for the hopeful increase in stability and performance but also for the admins' sake. It's hard to delegate work, especially on what I'm sure is their baby, but not working yourself to death is important too. It also makes it easier to catch problems before they get roll-back sized when you're not super duper sleep deprived!
FLAMECALLER_sig.png
1 2