Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Bad Fourm Habits
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I type really long winded, and sometimes redundant posts. I overshare a lot about myself, my life, problems, etc, but not looking for advice, just wanting to feel "heard" which used to get on people's nerves, because they felt like "omg y u no listen to my super awesome advice that will fix all your problems?". I used to be over reactionary/defensive in response to people too, but that's mellowed out some over the years. I took about a 10 year hiatus from a lot of pet games and forums. I also find I enjoy games (mmorpg) more when I avoid forums (like killing ifrit and other well known troll zones). I'm sensitive and dwell on things people say for days/weeks. I've gotten better but it's still something I have to watch out for sometimes and constrain my emotions.
I type really long winded, and sometimes redundant posts. I overshare a lot about myself, my life, problems, etc, but not looking for advice, just wanting to feel "heard" which used to get on people's nerves, because they felt like "omg y u no listen to my super awesome advice that will fix all your problems?". I used to be over reactionary/defensive in response to people too, but that's mellowed out some over the years. I took about a 10 year hiatus from a lot of pet games and forums. I also find I enjoy games (mmorpg) more when I avoid forums (like killing ifrit and other well known troll zones). I'm sensitive and dwell on things people say for days/weeks. I've gotten better but it's still something I have to watch out for sometimes and constrain my emotions.
I'm a little too happy with the block button. It's like that saying "three strikes, you're out" but for me it's more like one and a half. :/
I'm a little too happy with the block button. It's like that saying "three strikes, you're out" but for me it's more like one and a half. :/
tumblr_otyh5kkff31vsg0m1o1_400.png
I used to be a moderator for many forums in the past, so some of the ol' modding habits have still stuck with me... I have to bite my tongue on here when I see people getting too tense with each other cuz I honestly feel a need to step in and be all 'hey guys, let's not get blood on the walls, ok? let's be cool with each other, please.'

Ugh...
I used to be a moderator for many forums in the past, so some of the ol' modding habits have still stuck with me... I have to bite my tongue on here when I see people getting too tense with each other cuz I honestly feel a need to step in and be all 'hey guys, let's not get blood on the walls, ok? let's be cool with each other, please.'

Ugh...
nPEtuOq.png SILN8af.gif VO3icXF.png
LIke many others here I use way too many emoticons. Bet I can't get through this whole post without one.

I also type out long replies, then erase them all because I'm like "ugh, literally no one cares what I have to say, why am I doing this"

I also, like @xenokitten, am really really sensitive and dwell on anything snarky or negative for hours or even days and it can literally ruin my mood. :c

I tried for almost a minute to post this without the frowny face and I could. not. stop myself.
LIke many others here I use way too many emoticons. Bet I can't get through this whole post without one.

I also type out long replies, then erase them all because I'm like "ugh, literally no one cares what I have to say, why am I doing this"

I also, like @xenokitten, am really really sensitive and dwell on anything snarky or negative for hours or even days and it can literally ruin my mood. :c

I tried for almost a minute to post this without the frowny face and I could. not. stop myself.
OUvnFRA.png
Too many faces > w > < w < ^^ :DDD :c
Too many faces > w > < w < ^^ :DDD :c
IjJJeTN.png
well there are times when i type way too much and prob over-share compared to what most others are doin

then there are times when i make really short posts that dont really add to the conversation

also more times than not, i dont use caps or much punctuation

or i'll switch between normal proper grammar and this. whatever i'm feelin
well there are times when i type way too much and prob over-share compared to what most others are doin

then there are times when i make really short posts that dont really add to the conversation

also more times than not, i dont use caps or much punctuation

or i'll switch between normal proper grammar and this. whatever i'm feelin
I absolutely cannot stand typos in my posts, so I edit a lot. But I also hate that edit message under the post...
I absolutely cannot stand typos in my posts, so I edit a lot. But I also hate that edit message under the post...
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
-I procrastinate by posting in forums
-Sometimes when I create a thread I consider replying to every single post, but ain't nobody got time for that
-I post too much
-I edit my posts a lot
-I procrastinate by posting in forums
-Sometimes when I create a thread I consider replying to every single post, but ain't nobody got time for that
-I post too much
-I edit my posts a lot
HzGpUHb.png
@eoghania I also focus/worry a lot about what people say/has happened in the past as well. Especially this one thing that happened where let's just say there was this major falling-out and now I randomly think about that and I just usually end up beating myself and just expecting the completely unexpected of people and more or less just expect the absolute worse to happen now. I had to work up the courage to end up posting this thread. Also as a side effect from that falling out I pretty much flinch at anyone who has a blue fae for their avatar and it ends up reminding me of that moment...
@eoghania I also focus/worry a lot about what people say/has happened in the past as well. Especially this one thing that happened where let's just say there was this major falling-out and now I randomly think about that and I just usually end up beating myself and just expecting the completely unexpected of people and more or less just expect the absolute worse to happen now. I had to work up the courage to end up posting this thread. Also as a side effect from that falling out I pretty much flinch at anyone who has a blue fae for their avatar and it ends up reminding me of that moment...
i always switch back and forth between typing all lowercase no punctuation and typing with correct grammar, spelling, the works. It's based on my mood and the tone I want to convey I think
i always switch back and forth between typing all lowercase no punctuation and typing with correct grammar, spelling, the works. It's based on my mood and the tone I want to convey I think
Re4xvuh.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7