Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | HEY! :D I'm Zyk!
A buddy of mine recently invited me here, so hello everyone! Still trying to figure out how everything works but enjoying what I see so far.

So a little about me, well I go by Zyk, and I'm a freelance artist and also work for an anime/gaming convention in the cosplay department. I'm also a huge anthropology/biology nerd and hope to continue my education in it over the next several years!

A buddy of mine recently invited me here, so hello everyone! Still trying to figure out how everything works but enjoying what I see so far.

So a little about me, well I go by Zyk, and I'm a freelance artist and also work for an anime/gaming convention in the cosplay department. I'm also a huge anthropology/biology nerd and hope to continue my education in it over the next several years!

@Zyk welcome! I promise that I am not a biochemistry nerd. Sshh...don't look at my username. Anyway if you need anything feel free to ask! I appreciate your avatar by the way, the tundra army grows stronger every day
@Zyk welcome! I promise that I am not a biochemistry nerd. Sshh...don't look at my username. Anyway if you need anything feel free to ask! I appreciate your avatar by the way, the tundra army grows stronger every day
DDcjBlJ.jpg
[quote name="argonneon" date=2015-04-10 09:59:47] @Zyk welcome! I promise that I am not a biochemistry nerd. Sshh...don't look at my username. Anyway if you need anything feel free to ask! I appreciate your avatar by the way, the tundra army grows stronger every day [/quote] @argonneon x3 I am an ex-biochem major...calculus changed that real quick. But thank you! I saw the Tundras and immediately fell for them. :3
argonneon wrote on 2015-04-10:

@argonneon x3 I am an ex-biochem major...calculus changed that real quick. But thank you! I saw the Tundras and immediately fell for them. :3
@Zyk tundras are my favorites ever!!! I still don't know how I managed to get a passing grade in calculus, that subject made me want to cry.
@Zyk tundras are my favorites ever!!! I still don't know how I managed to get a passing grade in calculus, that subject made me want to cry.
DDcjBlJ.jpg
@argonneon Yeah nope. I failed. Hard. Very hard. *shudders* Didn't help I had just transferred to a large university and was used to classes being 30-40 people and suddenly was in a giant lecture hall of 200+ trying to learn chem and calc. Nuuuuuuuuuuu @__@
@argonneon Yeah nope. I failed. Hard. Very hard. *shudders* Didn't help I had just transferred to a large university and was used to classes being 30-40 people and suddenly was in a giant lecture hall of 200+ trying to learn chem and calc. Nuuuuuuuuuuu @__@
@Zyk I thought I was going down too, apparently everyone else was having as much or more trouble than me because that curve saved me. Making that transition is not fun :P TUNDRAS DON'T NEED CALCULUS!!!!!
@Zyk I thought I was going down too, apparently everyone else was having as much or more trouble than me because that curve saved me. Making that transition is not fun :P TUNDRAS DON'T NEED CALCULUS!!!!!
DDcjBlJ.jpg
@argonneon DOWWNNN WITH CALCULUS! MWUAAHAAHAAHAAAHAAAA!

...yeah if I ever have to take another math class again just nope. Done. No thank you.
@argonneon DOWWNNN WITH CALCULUS! MWUAAHAAHAAHAAAHAAAA!

...yeah if I ever have to take another math class again just nope. Done. No thank you.
@Zyk I identify with that on a spiritual level, no more math for me either.
@Zyk I identify with that on a spiritual level, no more math for me either.
DDcjBlJ.jpg
@argonneon Hopefully whenever I'm able to go back I won't have to worry about it xD I already got college algebra over with so I doubt they'd make me take anything else. I mean stats or something I might be able to handle but still. Let's hope not. I've been out of school for like 2 years now though and don't qualify for returning adult grants for another year sooooooo hopefully by then my brain isn't totally rotted to mush.
@argonneon Hopefully whenever I'm able to go back I won't have to worry about it xD I already got college algebra over with so I doubt they'd make me take anything else. I mean stats or something I might be able to handle but still. Let's hope not. I've been out of school for like 2 years now though and don't qualify for returning adult grants for another year sooooooo hopefully by then my brain isn't totally rotted to mush.
@Zyk rotting brains aside, I'm sure you'll do great when you go back!
@Zyk rotting brains aside, I'm sure you'll do great when you go back!
DDcjBlJ.jpg