Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Faire / Coliseum not loading!
1 2 ... 519 520 521 522 523 ... 535 536
[quote name="Maki" date=2015-04-08 16:40:21] @cocainedaddy Try using this link instead: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=coliseum&safemode=1 [/quote] That did the trick. Thank you!
Maki wrote on 2015-04-08:

That did the trick. Thank you!
It keeps losing connection to the server. Please help!
It keeps losing connection to the server. Please help!
Note: When I say 'crash' in this post, I'm referring to this message:
----
Connection to Flight Rising game server lost. The server may be down, or unresponsive. Please check that your internet connection, noScript and antivirus software are properly configured, and set not to block flightrising.com.

I'm having a persistent issue where Coliseum and every game in the Fairgrounds loses connection and crashes every 30-120 seconds, usually 65ish. I pretty much can't play them. I'm a newbie from this reg window and this has been happening since I joined. :/

I'm in Australia so I'm assuming the servers are a long way from me, so perhaps it's inherent to the distance. Windows 7, Firefox 37.0.01, Trend Micro AV. Ookla tests my connection at a rather average 3.07Mbps up/0.37Mbps down with 36ms latency and 26ms jitter.

Just now I was trying to play Shock Switch and was disconnected after twenty seconds. I'm aware that this is most likely partially from the flood of players; when it was near 4,000 a few hours ago the performance was awful, but now it's back down to around 1,900, closer to normal, and the problem's let up a bit.

The crashing is not usually instant. A good 80%+ of the time the score and elements hang, or the entire flash game interface, goes first.
Coli - I can usually play a match or two before it begins to play up. Generally, it hangs after selecting an ability and/or enemy, e.g: Shred > Bumble. It then hangs without the attack animation playing out and two of the sprites frozen. When it freezes during the XP screen no xp is rewarded, similar to the no payout from below. It also hangs in the menu, but usually outright crashes.

Faire - Runestones of the Arcanist hangs after selecting a card, then crashes to message (see above) completely. The next loading bar (even after I refresh, sometimes), then proceeds to also hang at 95%ish.
- Shock Switch stops recording the score (the tally freezes) as early as 10 seconds in, then crashes completely. It usually crashes without the score hanging first. If I finish a game before it crashes, if the score's frozen, then no payout is given (the message doesn't even show up). The record I've had so far is it's frozen on me 30 times in a row. I usually can't get it past 30-60 seconds before it starts crashing so I usually just play for 45ish and hope for the best.

- Jigsaw just crashes without warning. I've given up trying to play this as I usually get less than half the puzzle done before it crashes. Haven't managed to finish one because it takes a minute or two (couple at most) to hang.
- Higher or Lower is fine, probably due to what seems to be a different game format?
- Tidal Trouble first stops responding; you can still swivel the conch shell, but can't fire any bubbles. The bubbles usually freeze as well. Within a few seconds it hangs, then crashes, then hangs at a loading screen. TT is the one that plays the smoothest for me, besides Higher or Lower, and I can finish about 60-70% of the games I start in it on average.

So yeah, thought I'd put this here. I've tried the Alternate Socket, safe mode, and reduced effects where available. I'm going to try putting the site as an exception next, but it seems doubtful that'd be related since the rest of... well, everything, including all game elements -- work perfectly otherwise.
Note: When I say 'crash' in this post, I'm referring to this message:
----
Connection to Flight Rising game server lost. The server may be down, or unresponsive. Please check that your internet connection, noScript and antivirus software are properly configured, and set not to block flightrising.com.

I'm having a persistent issue where Coliseum and every game in the Fairgrounds loses connection and crashes every 30-120 seconds, usually 65ish. I pretty much can't play them. I'm a newbie from this reg window and this has been happening since I joined. :/

I'm in Australia so I'm assuming the servers are a long way from me, so perhaps it's inherent to the distance. Windows 7, Firefox 37.0.01, Trend Micro AV. Ookla tests my connection at a rather average 3.07Mbps up/0.37Mbps down with 36ms latency and 26ms jitter.

Just now I was trying to play Shock Switch and was disconnected after twenty seconds. I'm aware that this is most likely partially from the flood of players; when it was near 4,000 a few hours ago the performance was awful, but now it's back down to around 1,900, closer to normal, and the problem's let up a bit.

The crashing is not usually instant. A good 80%+ of the time the score and elements hang, or the entire flash game interface, goes first.
Coli - I can usually play a match or two before it begins to play up. Generally, it hangs after selecting an ability and/or enemy, e.g: Shred > Bumble. It then hangs without the attack animation playing out and two of the sprites frozen. When it freezes during the XP screen no xp is rewarded, similar to the no payout from below. It also hangs in the menu, but usually outright crashes.

Faire - Runestones of the Arcanist hangs after selecting a card, then crashes to message (see above) completely. The next loading bar (even after I refresh, sometimes), then proceeds to also hang at 95%ish.
- Shock Switch stops recording the score (the tally freezes) as early as 10 seconds in, then crashes completely. It usually crashes without the score hanging first. If I finish a game before it crashes, if the score's frozen, then no payout is given (the message doesn't even show up). The record I've had so far is it's frozen on me 30 times in a row. I usually can't get it past 30-60 seconds before it starts crashing so I usually just play for 45ish and hope for the best.

- Jigsaw just crashes without warning. I've given up trying to play this as I usually get less than half the puzzle done before it crashes. Haven't managed to finish one because it takes a minute or two (couple at most) to hang.
- Higher or Lower is fine, probably due to what seems to be a different game format?
- Tidal Trouble first stops responding; you can still swivel the conch shell, but can't fire any bubbles. The bubbles usually freeze as well. Within a few seconds it hangs, then crashes, then hangs at a loading screen. TT is the one that plays the smoothest for me, besides Higher or Lower, and I can finish about 60-70% of the games I start in it on average.

So yeah, thought I'd put this here. I've tried the Alternate Socket, safe mode, and reduced effects where available. I'm going to try putting the site as an exception next, but it seems doubtful that'd be related since the rest of... well, everything, including all game elements -- work perfectly otherwise.
Dsf90Ws.gif
hello
When pinging,
One O, two S's -
Lock-eh-NOSS-ay

77EXE7O.jpg
Buns for Tuns!
hi there
ZV3u2zJ.gif
I have had the exact same problems as @Lokenosse
I'm using windows 7

These are all the thing I have tried thus far:
My anti virius is Trend Micro but I have added Flight Rising to it's safe exception list.
I have cleared my cache completely and no improvement.
I have tried using Fire Fox, Internet Explorer and Chrome with no improvements.
I've tried switching to the Alternate Socket mode.
Also tried running it on safe mode for all games I have tested.
I have no addons or noscript.
I have a good and stable internet.

The last thing I can think of is the Websockets, I am very new to them but I got the general idea.
From what I know of you just have to log into your router and forward the port 4231 to get Websocket Port 443 SSL open and working (I think this is how it works but please correct me if I am wrong, I am very new to it)
This is my Websocket report: http://websocketstest.com/result/501237

Unfortunately it seems my router from DLink DIR-615 may have a problem where it cannot save any changed settings more than once per factory reset. So trying this would be a last resort as configuring it will be a pain for me and my family.

If anyone has ANY other suggestions or advice I will gladly take it!

EDIT: Tried playing with only 1400 users on and the issue with the fairground and coliseum has been worse than ever :( I am also from Australia so maybe that has something to do with it.
I have had the exact same problems as @Lokenosse
I'm using windows 7

These are all the thing I have tried thus far:
My anti virius is Trend Micro but I have added Flight Rising to it's safe exception list.
I have cleared my cache completely and no improvement.
I have tried using Fire Fox, Internet Explorer and Chrome with no improvements.
I've tried switching to the Alternate Socket mode.
Also tried running it on safe mode for all games I have tested.
I have no addons or noscript.
I have a good and stable internet.

The last thing I can think of is the Websockets, I am very new to them but I got the general idea.
From what I know of you just have to log into your router and forward the port 4231 to get Websocket Port 443 SSL open and working (I think this is how it works but please correct me if I am wrong, I am very new to it)
This is my Websocket report: http://websocketstest.com/result/501237

Unfortunately it seems my router from DLink DIR-615 may have a problem where it cannot save any changed settings more than once per factory reset. So trying this would be a last resort as configuring it will be a pain for me and my family.

If anyone has ANY other suggestions or advice I will gladly take it!

EDIT: Tried playing with only 1400 users on and the issue with the fairground and coliseum has been worse than ever :( I am also from Australia so maybe that has something to do with it.
tumblr_n9rjznP5bt1qd0s8ko6_500.png
I tried playing all the flash components I've been having an issue with on my PS4, which is connected by wi-fi to the same network as the PC. Everything works flawlessly (regardless of online usercount), with the exception of safemode Coli which froze once.
After trying them again today on my computer, the issue from my last post is persisting. Mods, I recorded the issue if you want a visual idea of what's happening.

Again, same location, same internet connection, everything; if anything the chance of it messing up due to the network communication is higher because it's on wi-fi rather then directly connected.

@Vespora (and anyone else reading this with similar), since you're having the same issue as I am with a similar environment, you might have more luck on another device too. If you have a PS4, XBone, or any tablet or etc, you might want to try it on there and see if it's better.
I tried playing all the flash components I've been having an issue with on my PS4, which is connected by wi-fi to the same network as the PC. Everything works flawlessly (regardless of online usercount), with the exception of safemode Coli which froze once.
After trying them again today on my computer, the issue from my last post is persisting. Mods, I recorded the issue if you want a visual idea of what's happening.

Again, same location, same internet connection, everything; if anything the chance of it messing up due to the network communication is higher because it's on wi-fi rather then directly connected.

@Vespora (and anyone else reading this with similar), since you're having the same issue as I am with a similar environment, you might have more luck on another device too. If you have a PS4, XBone, or any tablet or etc, you might want to try it on there and see if it's better.
Dsf90Ws.gif
hello
When pinging,
One O, two S's -
Lock-eh-NOSS-ay

77EXE7O.jpg
Buns for Tuns!
hi there
ZV3u2zJ.gif
Thank you @Lokenosse! I'll try it on a tablet and see if I get any improvement, too bad I dont have a PS4, Xbox, etc. :(
Thank you @Lokenosse! I'll try it on a tablet and see if I get any improvement, too bad I dont have a PS4, Xbox, etc. :(
@lokenosse thank you so much!
Playing on my tablet makes the games work great! Issue with the computer still persits but this is a nice comprise in the meantime, the games are now playable. Awesome find, cant thank you enough!
@lokenosse thank you so much!
Playing on my tablet makes the games work great! Issue with the computer still persits but this is a nice comprise in the meantime, the games are now playable. Awesome find, cant thank you enough!
I'm new and thought to try out the Coliseum two days ago. But every time I come to the final blow to defeat the opponent, the screen freezes and I can't proceed. Would like to try out the Coliseum. Does anyone know what's up? :o
I'm new and thought to try out the Coliseum two days ago. But every time I come to the final blow to defeat the opponent, the screen freezes and I can't proceed. Would like to try out the Coliseum. Does anyone know what's up? :o
I'm getting some real heavy lag and slowdowns in the Coliseum, and I'm suspecting it's the ads. They usually take a while to fully load, even when the Coli screen is loaded and running smoothly, and once they do finally load, that's when I notice the lag occurring. It gets worse the longer you fight without refreshing the page.

I'm on mobile so I can't block them like I want to, and the inability to Coli is affecting my food stores...
I'm getting some real heavy lag and slowdowns in the Coliseum, and I'm suspecting it's the ads. They usually take a while to fully load, even when the Coli screen is loaded and running smoothly, and once they do finally load, that's when I notice the lag occurring. It gets worse the longer you fight without refreshing the page.

I'm on mobile so I can't block them like I want to, and the inability to Coli is affecting my food stores...
ccDyspX.png
Neither the Fairgrounds nor the Coliseum are loading for me today. All games in the Fairgrounds refuse to load, with the exception of Higher or Lower. The Coliseum will kick me off halfway through battles, or will not load at all, displaying the "Connection to Flight Rising server lost" message.

The issue isn't with my internet connection or my browser. I am sitting next to my router and have emptied my cache, refreshed the page, and even restarted my computer.

Does this issue have to do with server overload due to Wavecrest Saturnalia? In any case, it's really hindering my ability to enjoy the festival, as two thirds of the site's features are now inaccessible to me.

Hope this can be resolved promptly. Thank you!
Neither the Fairgrounds nor the Coliseum are loading for me today. All games in the Fairgrounds refuse to load, with the exception of Higher or Lower. The Coliseum will kick me off halfway through battles, or will not load at all, displaying the "Connection to Flight Rising server lost" message.

The issue isn't with my internet connection or my browser. I am sitting next to my router and have emptied my cache, refreshed the page, and even restarted my computer.

Does this issue have to do with server overload due to Wavecrest Saturnalia? In any case, it's really hindering my ability to enjoy the festival, as two thirds of the site's features are now inaccessible to me.

Hope this can be resolved promptly. Thank you!
1c69bb.png
1 2 ... 519 520 521 522 523 ... 535 536