Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Trichotillomania and other BFRBs?(image)
so I've known I had a bald spot, but trying to take a picture of it always failed or was blurry. but I tried again and this happened [img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-rJ6CZYJfaSs/VRYegQO4gfI/AAAAAAAAA8U/ZNwx6OUpwE0/s480/2015-03-27.jpg[/img] it's so much bigger and grosser than I thought? someone please tell me I'm not the only one with a giant bald spot
so I've known I had a bald spot, but trying to take a picture of it always failed or was blurry. but I tried again and this happened

2015-03-27.jpg

it's so much bigger and grosser than I thought? someone please tell me I'm not the only one with a giant bald spot
20iias5.png
@therealmollz Thankgoodnessimnottheonlyone
I have trich too. Ever since I was 10 and I'm 20 now. I used to pull the hair on my head but I've since moved to my eyelashes.
@therealmollz Thankgoodnessimnottheonlyone
I have trich too. Ever since I was 10 and I'm 20 now. I used to pull the hair on my head but I've since moved to my eyelashes.
Well I haven't got trich, so I'm afraid I can't comment on bald spots or missing hair, but I have got some serious dermatillomania, heh. BFRB squad.

My cheeks & my arms & my shoulders are also sooo red & inflamed & scabby, it's so gross! C'est la vie. Good to know I'm not the only person w/ a BFRB on Flight Rising though!
Well I haven't got trich, so I'm afraid I can't comment on bald spots or missing hair, but I have got some serious dermatillomania, heh. BFRB squad.

My cheeks & my arms & my shoulders are also sooo red & inflamed & scabby, it's so gross! C'est la vie. Good to know I'm not the only person w/ a BFRB on Flight Rising though!
Jordan - 16 yrs old - USA - lgbtq+
tumblr_inline_nfck80meH81sjd4ri.gif
favorite games
the walking dead game (season 1 & 400 days) | hotline miami | borderlands (2 & pre-sequel) | dark dreams don't die | legend of zelda (wind waker & twilight princess) | rule of rose | the wolf among us
Hello there. Trich here as well (for about ten years now). And I have to say this is the last place I expected to see anyone talking about it. It sucks to have it, but it's nice to know you're not alone - especially in such a cool community.
Hello there. Trich here as well (for about ten years now). And I have to say this is the last place I expected to see anyone talking about it. It sucks to have it, but it's nice to know you're not alone - especially in such a cool community.
Dermatillomania here, any unusual bump, scab or dead skin is unsafe on me. I've had it my whole life and until recently didn't realize it was actually a thing that other people had or that it was linked with OCD (which runs in my family and I have been showing more and more symptoms of,) it is mostly stress triggered though but even unstressed it can happen.
Really nice to see more people with it or similar habits.
Dermatillomania here, any unusual bump, scab or dead skin is unsafe on me. I've had it my whole life and until recently didn't realize it was actually a thing that other people had or that it was linked with OCD (which runs in my family and I have been showing more and more symptoms of,) it is mostly stress triggered though but even unstressed it can happen.
Really nice to see more people with it or similar habits.
plague_banner_by_silverybeast-d7eggdt.png
I actually have not been diagnosed with it yet, but I strongly suspect I have dermatillomania. I am fairly certain I have had it my whole life, and I am fairly certain my father had it, too. It is mostly non-stress triggered for me, but it gets worse when I am overwhelmed or stressed. I may also have very mild trich, but I typically do not go for the hair on my scalp, and if I do it does not get triggered frequently.
I actually have not been diagnosed with it yet, but I strongly suspect I have dermatillomania. I am fairly certain I have had it my whole life, and I am fairly certain my father had it, too. It is mostly non-stress triggered for me, but it gets worse when I am overwhelmed or stressed. I may also have very mild trich, but I typically do not go for the hair on my scalp, and if I do it does not get triggered frequently.
9vqTYg0.gifcfa4eab0-1638-11eb-9b4b-e1371d599c63.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.giffl0edFq.gif
Banner holder by me.
I started showing signs of Trichotillomania after I was diagnosed with my first auto-immune disease when I was 11. I started with my eyebrows, then my eyelashes, then my scalp and eventually any body hair was fair game. It got to a point where I had a pretty big bald spot and no eyelashes or eyebrows. My mom would pencil them in every day before school so kids wouldn't make fun of me.

I'm 25 now and for the most part I'd say my Trichotillomania is in remission. If I pull out any hair, it's like one or two strands and I immediately stop and remove myself from whatever I was doing and go do something else. I've also been in and out of therapy and have finally found a medication that works for my anxiety, OCD, depression, and PTSD. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy helped me a lot too.

I think you can learn to control the Trich, it just takes a lot of time and work, and you'll have bad days or set backs, but don't let that feel like defeat.

I also have Dermatillomania, but same with Trich it is under much better control than it used to be. I think my OCD plays a big part in having these conditions because they can become so ritualistic.
I started showing signs of Trichotillomania after I was diagnosed with my first auto-immune disease when I was 11. I started with my eyebrows, then my eyelashes, then my scalp and eventually any body hair was fair game. It got to a point where I had a pretty big bald spot and no eyelashes or eyebrows. My mom would pencil them in every day before school so kids wouldn't make fun of me.

I'm 25 now and for the most part I'd say my Trichotillomania is in remission. If I pull out any hair, it's like one or two strands and I immediately stop and remove myself from whatever I was doing and go do something else. I've also been in and out of therapy and have finally found a medication that works for my anxiety, OCD, depression, and PTSD. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy helped me a lot too.

I think you can learn to control the Trich, it just takes a lot of time and work, and you'll have bad days or set backs, but don't let that feel like defeat.

I also have Dermatillomania, but same with Trich it is under much better control than it used to be. I think my OCD plays a big part in having these conditions because they can become so ritualistic.
Hello! I too have trich - it's so nice to be able to sympathize with people who are going through the same as me! I recently had a nasty relapse after being relatively pull-free for around a month, and it's quite upsetting, especially since I know that my spot is becoming more and more visible by the day (me having short hair isn't helping). I'm doing CBT though, which is helping me quite a bit.
Hello! I too have trich - it's so nice to be able to sympathize with people who are going through the same as me! I recently had a nasty relapse after being relatively pull-free for around a month, and it's quite upsetting, especially since I know that my spot is becoming more and more visible by the day (me having short hair isn't helping). I'm doing CBT though, which is helping me quite a bit.
tumblr_nre81rYTi11unlpe2o1_100.pngExSwoJB.gif
bhg_small_elite_by_xnedra22-d8fsyoq.png
I pick my scabs, have tons of scars all over me from what start out as pimples or bug-bites. I didn't know "BFRB" was a term, but I knew my issue was similar to trich. I've always had this issue, since I was a little kid... They wanted to play connect-the-dots with my scabs in first grade, I remember. I've started to kind of accept my scars, and I don't think I could see my body without them, they're just so much a part of my skin already. I think it would be weird to have none, just clear skin, all the same color... but alas, this is how I am.

I try to stop picking, and sometimes I'm really good at it. But it stems from my anxiety I think. It's a bad habit, and I know it. :/
I pick my scabs, have tons of scars all over me from what start out as pimples or bug-bites. I didn't know "BFRB" was a term, but I knew my issue was similar to trich. I've always had this issue, since I was a little kid... They wanted to play connect-the-dots with my scabs in first grade, I remember. I've started to kind of accept my scars, and I don't think I could see my body without them, they're just so much a part of my skin already. I think it would be weird to have none, just clear skin, all the same color... but alas, this is how I am.

I try to stop picking, and sometimes I'm really good at it. But it stems from my anxiety I think. It's a bad habit, and I know it. :/
I've got dermatillomania/dermatophagia and have for most of my life, and up until more recently I've had some pretty strong onychophagia, but it kind of took a back seat to the derma somehow. I'm still trying to get them under control, but it's nice to know there are other players with BFRBs on here, I've never known of anyone else with it before!
I've got dermatillomania/dermatophagia and have for most of my life, and up until more recently I've had some pretty strong onychophagia, but it kind of took a back seat to the derma somehow. I'm still trying to get them under control, but it's nice to know there are other players with BFRBs on here, I've never known of anyone else with it before!
character art, designs, and dragons!
she/he, bogsneak enthusiast