Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | Aloha!
An irl friend was enthusing about Flight Rising the other day, with the express intent to get me to join in, because "I have no one to talk about this game to!"

Fortunately, I am a willing gamer.

DRGNZ! If you played DragCave a decade ago or hang out in HowManyDragons' chat on Twitch, yes, hi, it's me, same name. If you don't know what those are, let's just say I have a fondness for dragon collection.

Same irl friend has been gift-bombing me since that day, answering my questions, and enthusing. Also told me that I should come post in the forums, so, um... hi. Unlike when I was active on DC, though, I'm not sure how much I'll be posting or hanging out socially. Looking at screens has always given me headaches, and I'm less tolerant of those than I used to be. I've gotten away from spending so much time at my computer. I also won't be posting everything in dark blue text like I used to.

Hmm, what's relevant...

I chose Nature when I first made my account, but my irl friend is in Earth, so I'll be switching flights once my first nest hatches.
An irl friend was enthusing about Flight Rising the other day, with the express intent to get me to join in, because "I have no one to talk about this game to!"

Fortunately, I am a willing gamer.

DRGNZ! If you played DragCave a decade ago or hang out in HowManyDragons' chat on Twitch, yes, hi, it's me, same name. If you don't know what those are, let's just say I have a fondness for dragon collection.

Same irl friend has been gift-bombing me since that day, answering my questions, and enthusing. Also told me that I should come post in the forums, so, um... hi. Unlike when I was active on DC, though, I'm not sure how much I'll be posting or hanging out socially. Looking at screens has always given me headaches, and I'm less tolerant of those than I used to be. I've gotten away from spending so much time at my computer. I also won't be posting everything in dark blue text like I used to.

Hmm, what's relevant...

I chose Nature when I first made my account, but my irl friend is in Earth, so I'll be switching flights once my first nest hatches.
Text me if you die.
(DM me if you live.)
Welcome! I’ve started getting headaches from screens too, it’s pretty frustrating.
Welcome! I’ve started getting headaches from screens too, it’s pretty frustrating.
—Morbid
mXT68sw.png[/img]
[quote name="CheerfullyMorbid" date="2024-07-25 01:59:52" ] Welcome! I’ve started getting headaches from screens too, it’s pretty frustrating. [/quote] Thank you for the welcome! (and the kind gift) I like your art palette decoration thing! How do you get your posts to have a non-white background? That's a lot easier to read.
CheerfullyMorbid wrote on 2024-07-25 01:59:52:
Thank you for the welcome! (and the kind gift) I like your art palette decoration thing!

How do you get your posts to have a non-white background? That's a lot easier to read.
Text me if you die.
(DM me if you live.)
Posts on the forums alternate between white and tan backgrounds. I prefer the tan backgrounds too, but I guess they have them alternate so it’s easier to see separate posts.
Posts on the forums alternate between white and tan backgrounds. I prefer the tan backgrounds too, but I guess they have them alternate so it’s easier to see separate posts.
—Morbid
mXT68sw.png[/img]
Like this
Like this
—Morbid
mXT68sw.png[/img]
Ah, that makes sense. Unfortunate, tho.

I shall have to dig up a sig banner and learn about these side-banners (like your paint palette one) then. They at least help divide up the posts into subject blocks.
Ah, that makes sense. Unfortunate, tho.

I shall have to dig up a sig banner and learn about these side-banners (like your paint palette one) then. They at least help divide up the posts into subject blocks.
Text me if you die.
(DM me if you live.)
The side banners are called vistas, there are a few ways to get them. You can apply them, and add signature banners, in your account settings
The side banners are called vistas, there are a few ways to get them. You can apply them, and add signature banners, in your account settings
—Morbid
mXT68sw.png[/img]
Ooo. Note to self: Get vistas...
Thanks!
Ooo. Note to self: Get vistas...
Thanks!
Text me if you die.
(DM me if you live.)