Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | Hello, FR!
1 2
Hello everybody! I've been wanting to join this site for a while and now that I'm finally here I feel so very excited to get started and pretty lost at the same time! But, first thing's first so let's get this introduction under way. Forgive my formatting, still getting used to the forums.

-How did you I Flight Rising?
I used to be an avid neopets player and I've made an account with pretty much every browser based game with a similar idea. I found Flight Rising a few months ago while searching around for a good Dragon based game and voila! Here we are today!

-What flight did you join and why?
Shadow Flight REPRESENT! I'm all about mysterious shadows and tricksters and I just really dig the purple eyes.

-What is your favorite dragon breed?
Guardians, Imperials, and Skydancers are all looking really cool to me right now. Mostly loving the Guardians since they have the most classic European type dragon aesthetic.

-Of the familiars, which ones are your favorite?
Haven't really seen many familiars yet, I have a cat/raccoon one. Are there bunny familiars? If there are then those are my favorite.

-What are some of your hobbies/interests?
I love reading. I like nonfiction, fiction, and manga. Some of my favorites are Berserk, Good Omens, and God's Long Summer. I am also a huge fan of videogames. I play WoW, LoL, BloodBorne, Stardew Valley, and I love pretty much any rpg type game that allows you to create and customize your own character. I often dislike games that have a set protagonist. I also own two bunnies as pets that I spend a lot of time with!

Anyways, I don't want to write a novel so I'm gonna leave it at that. I hope to be seeing you guys around.
Hello everybody! I've been wanting to join this site for a while and now that I'm finally here I feel so very excited to get started and pretty lost at the same time! But, first thing's first so let's get this introduction under way. Forgive my formatting, still getting used to the forums.

-How did you I Flight Rising?
I used to be an avid neopets player and I've made an account with pretty much every browser based game with a similar idea. I found Flight Rising a few months ago while searching around for a good Dragon based game and voila! Here we are today!

-What flight did you join and why?
Shadow Flight REPRESENT! I'm all about mysterious shadows and tricksters and I just really dig the purple eyes.

-What is your favorite dragon breed?
Guardians, Imperials, and Skydancers are all looking really cool to me right now. Mostly loving the Guardians since they have the most classic European type dragon aesthetic.

-Of the familiars, which ones are your favorite?
Haven't really seen many familiars yet, I have a cat/raccoon one. Are there bunny familiars? If there are then those are my favorite.

-What are some of your hobbies/interests?
I love reading. I like nonfiction, fiction, and manga. Some of my favorites are Berserk, Good Omens, and God's Long Summer. I am also a huge fan of videogames. I play WoW, LoL, BloodBorne, Stardew Valley, and I love pretty much any rpg type game that allows you to create and customize your own character. I often dislike games that have a set protagonist. I also own two bunnies as pets that I spend a lot of time with!

Anyways, I don't want to write a novel so I'm gonna leave it at that. I hope to be seeing you guys around.
jcVDB.gifK9AMz.gif
@TheLadyMoreta
Hola!
I'm also into reading, but also to writing. I'm also into rpgs. I listen a lot of music, I play bass and I'm a nerd.
What kinda music you like? Do you write stories? Have you ever played mtg or Neverwinter nights?
@TheLadyMoreta
Hola!
I'm also into reading, but also to writing. I'm also into rpgs. I listen a lot of music, I play bass and I'm a nerd.
What kinda music you like? Do you write stories? Have you ever played mtg or Neverwinter nights?
MoOtdMJ.png
@UnseenCrow (love your username btw)

Hey there! My tastes in music are pretty diverse. I can generally find a band or song in any genre that I can appreciate. I think the only genre of music I don't really enjoy is RnB and Christian Rock. A few of my favorite bands to listen to are Glass Animals, State Radio, and the Black Keys.

You play Bass, that's awesome! I tried learning acoustic guitar and I can play a few chords and songs but nothing fantastic.I'm much better at playing percussion, mostly keyboard and piano! I used to write stories in high school, most of my writing these days pertains to my college work but I love to roleplay so I can kind of scratch my creative writing itch that way. I don't play Mtg or Neverwinter, but I've played Pathfinder and DnD 5th edition. I've always wanted to try mtg but I hear it can be a pretty expensive hobby. They always try to get me to try when I'm in my local tabletop shop :)

What about you? What sort of music do you like to play? Are you in a band? Also what stories do you write? I'd love to read one!

@UnseenCrow (love your username btw)

Hey there! My tastes in music are pretty diverse. I can generally find a band or song in any genre that I can appreciate. I think the only genre of music I don't really enjoy is RnB and Christian Rock. A few of my favorite bands to listen to are Glass Animals, State Radio, and the Black Keys.

You play Bass, that's awesome! I tried learning acoustic guitar and I can play a few chords and songs but nothing fantastic.I'm much better at playing percussion, mostly keyboard and piano! I used to write stories in high school, most of my writing these days pertains to my college work but I love to roleplay so I can kind of scratch my creative writing itch that way. I don't play Mtg or Neverwinter, but I've played Pathfinder and DnD 5th edition. I've always wanted to try mtg but I hear it can be a pretty expensive hobby. They always try to get me to try when I'm in my local tabletop shop :)

What about you? What sort of music do you like to play? Are you in a band? Also what stories do you write? I'd love to read one!

jcVDB.gifK9AMz.gif
@TheLadyMoreta
I like metal and rock. In my band, (we used to call it smashed speaker, but we are rethinking that) we play proge. I also play jazz now and then.
My stories are mainly urban fantasy. I write in finish so... it would take time to translate.
Right now I'm working on one called Routa (finish for freeze) is about teen necromancer who tries to get by in both highschool and his work as supernatural hitman. It's second story about him, and I'm focusing on his (name, Hannes) past, as he was not really nice person. He is just visiting few supernatural mafia bossses.

It's quite same as "the Dresden files" by Jim Butcher. It's great series.
@TheLadyMoreta
I like metal and rock. In my band, (we used to call it smashed speaker, but we are rethinking that) we play proge. I also play jazz now and then.
My stories are mainly urban fantasy. I write in finish so... it would take time to translate.
Right now I'm working on one called Routa (finish for freeze) is about teen necromancer who tries to get by in both highschool and his work as supernatural hitman. It's second story about him, and I'm focusing on his (name, Hannes) past, as he was not really nice person. He is just visiting few supernatural mafia bossses.

It's quite same as "the Dresden files" by Jim Butcher. It's great series.
MoOtdMJ.png
@UnseenCrow

Oh yeah, it would be difficult to translate, I didn't think of that. Never mind then! Routa sounds very interesting. A supernatural hitman would be a cool job. It reminds me of this one book I read called the Sandman about a man who was tricked into becoming a human sacrifice by his "friends" and ends up becoming the hitman for the Devil. It was a really good read. The fact that he wasn't a really nice person in his former days makes him interesting. I wish I could read Finish now, haha!
@UnseenCrow

Oh yeah, it would be difficult to translate, I didn't think of that. Never mind then! Routa sounds very interesting. A supernatural hitman would be a cool job. It reminds me of this one book I read called the Sandman about a man who was tricked into becoming a human sacrifice by his "friends" and ends up becoming the hitman for the Devil. It was a really good read. The fact that he wasn't a really nice person in his former days makes him interesting. I wish I could read Finish now, haha!
jcVDB.gifK9AMz.gif
@TheLadyMoreta
Well, in first story, Hannes gets killed by an ANGEL. So I supose it has risks. And well, he kills them, but mainly when they are killing humans or nearly exposing magical world. So... it would suck to be him. Also, I try to put him in hospital once a story.
@TheLadyMoreta
Well, in first story, Hannes gets killed by an ANGEL. So I supose it has risks. And well, he kills them, but mainly when they are killing humans or nearly exposing magical world. So... it would suck to be him. Also, I try to put him in hospital once a story.
MoOtdMJ.png
@UnseenCrow

Yeah, I suppose a fight with an angel would result in death for most people. If I were ranking supernatural creatures by power I would put angels way up the list, haha! So were the angels killing people? What for? Are Angels more chaotic and less lawful good in Hannes' world? I'm very intrigued by why an Angel would kill him!
@UnseenCrow

Yeah, I suppose a fight with an angel would result in death for most people. If I were ranking supernatural creatures by power I would put angels way up the list, haha! So were the angels killing people? What for? Are Angels more chaotic and less lawful good in Hannes' world? I'm very intrigued by why an Angel would kill him!
jcVDB.gifK9AMz.gif
@TheLadyMoreta
Nope. It was summoned to earth. And Hannes was not nicest of people. Also, some wizards were thinking that creating portal to heaven was with out down sides. Mainly, they would kill everything that have broken their law, so theyre really lawful.
@TheLadyMoreta
Nope. It was summoned to earth. And Hannes was not nicest of people. Also, some wizards were thinking that creating portal to heaven was with out down sides. Mainly, they would kill everything that have broken their law, so theyre really lawful.
MoOtdMJ.png
@UnseenCrow

I see! Seems like a Tower of Babble type scenario with those wizards. Tower to heaven...portal to heaven. My question is, if Heaven does exist in Hannes' universe, what exactly did the wizards want with getting access to Heaven? Was God at all involved? You'd think he'd have something to say about a portal like that.

@UnseenCrow

I see! Seems like a Tower of Babble type scenario with those wizards. Tower to heaven...portal to heaven. My question is, if Heaven does exist in Hannes' universe, what exactly did the wizards want with getting access to Heaven? Was God at all involved? You'd think he'd have something to say about a portal like that.

jcVDB.gifK9AMz.gif
@TheLadyMoreta
Acopalypse would never hapen. They never really asked god tough. And I would love to keep god as an nerly allpowerfull entity, so he just saw it happpen and then let everything hapen
@TheLadyMoreta
Acopalypse would never hapen. They never really asked god tough. And I would love to keep god as an nerly allpowerfull entity, so he just saw it happpen and then let everything hapen
MoOtdMJ.png
1 2