Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | Belated greetings!
This turned out longer than I expected it to be...

I'm about a week late in posting here, but I'm going to start by sharing my story with Flight Rising.

A few months ago, I was casually browsing the internet when I came across a picture of a dragon that caught my eye. Upon clicking this imagine I found "Flight Rising" as one of the tags, and I had to find out more. After a quick google I found this site, read up on the dragons and breeding, and then learned registration is closed 99% of the time.

Boo.

I checked the site frequently for the next registration window in fear of missing a small 3 day window, and and the end of May, I got lucky.

Immediately after waking up on June 1st, the first day of registration, I got my account, as well as convincing a few friends to join me. They all heard how excited I was to be here by then and were at least a little interested.

I spent way too long designing and naming my first dragon, I was disappointed when a dragon of the same breed joined her for breeding (both Fae dragons) while my friends had a mixture. I had to name this one too? I suck at names. I asked friends for a name, and the only response I was given was "NAME HIM TIM". And so Tim he was.

For the 5 days it took to incubate, I did a ton of playing in the fairground, and I bought more dragons than I probably should have from the market. I familiarized myself with the site (with the exception of the forums, which I had forgot) and I liked it. But on the 5th day, I awoke excited to meet my new hatchlings only to learn you get them the day AFTER the 5th incubation.

Although it took longer than expected, and even with the loss of variety having all Fae babies, I still loved them. And to share my enthusiasm with this new site, I offer a trade to any other new players who may be in the same boat as I, trading the hatchlings for a little more variety (but please no more Fae dragons please).

From what I've gathered, this seems to be one of those games that partially takes place in the forums and isn't quite the same without. Saying that, I'd love to become a part of this community.

I usually go by Cyvia (yes, it sounds feminine. No, I am not a female. I get this a lot) but if you prefer to call me Randy, I also like a first-name basis. My hobbies include but are not limited to: computers, writing, magic, puzzles, and I'm always interested in the occult. Feel free to ask away if you'd like to know more; I'm an open book.

I'm very excited to become a part of this community, and I thank the developers for allowing all of this to exist!

TL;DR: I waited 2 months to be here. I forgot to make an introduction post 6 days ago when I started. I like this game. If you're new and bred a non-Fae baby, trade me for one of mine. My name is Randy. Hi.
This turned out longer than I expected it to be...

I'm about a week late in posting here, but I'm going to start by sharing my story with Flight Rising.

A few months ago, I was casually browsing the internet when I came across a picture of a dragon that caught my eye. Upon clicking this imagine I found "Flight Rising" as one of the tags, and I had to find out more. After a quick google I found this site, read up on the dragons and breeding, and then learned registration is closed 99% of the time.

Boo.

I checked the site frequently for the next registration window in fear of missing a small 3 day window, and and the end of May, I got lucky.

Immediately after waking up on June 1st, the first day of registration, I got my account, as well as convincing a few friends to join me. They all heard how excited I was to be here by then and were at least a little interested.

I spent way too long designing and naming my first dragon, I was disappointed when a dragon of the same breed joined her for breeding (both Fae dragons) while my friends had a mixture. I had to name this one too? I suck at names. I asked friends for a name, and the only response I was given was "NAME HIM TIM". And so Tim he was.

For the 5 days it took to incubate, I did a ton of playing in the fairground, and I bought more dragons than I probably should have from the market. I familiarized myself with the site (with the exception of the forums, which I had forgot) and I liked it. But on the 5th day, I awoke excited to meet my new hatchlings only to learn you get them the day AFTER the 5th incubation.

Although it took longer than expected, and even with the loss of variety having all Fae babies, I still loved them. And to share my enthusiasm with this new site, I offer a trade to any other new players who may be in the same boat as I, trading the hatchlings for a little more variety (but please no more Fae dragons please).

From what I've gathered, this seems to be one of those games that partially takes place in the forums and isn't quite the same without. Saying that, I'd love to become a part of this community.

I usually go by Cyvia (yes, it sounds feminine. No, I am not a female. I get this a lot) but if you prefer to call me Randy, I also like a first-name basis. My hobbies include but are not limited to: computers, writing, magic, puzzles, and I'm always interested in the occult. Feel free to ask away if you'd like to know more; I'm an open book.

I'm very excited to become a part of this community, and I thank the developers for allowing all of this to exist!

TL;DR: I waited 2 months to be here. I forgot to make an introduction post 6 days ago when I started. I like this game. If you're new and bred a non-Fae baby, trade me for one of mine. My name is Randy. Hi.
| Crowe's BBCode Compendium |
- - - Click here to learn everything (and more) about BBCoding! - - -

| ||
Dragon bios | Signatures | Hatcheries || |
@Cyvia

well welcome ..haha I am in kind of the same boat as you ..I am Heero ..sounds male and I am called bro and dude all the time but I am female ..I learn to live with it and I do not correct people any more. I have gone by Heero on so many sites I just can not change it ..I like my name..

My real name is Savi but I hate being my self ..so boring in a land of dragons.

I also waited to join but I missed 1 whole year of reg windows ..it suked ... I am a neopets transfer ..I spent 16 long years there ..wow I wasted my life...and now that lives n here.

Magic as in MTG? or real magic?

so what is your favorite breed ? mechanic?
@Cyvia

well welcome ..haha I am in kind of the same boat as you ..I am Heero ..sounds male and I am called bro and dude all the time but I am female ..I learn to live with it and I do not correct people any more. I have gone by Heero on so many sites I just can not change it ..I like my name..

My real name is Savi but I hate being my self ..so boring in a land of dragons.

I also waited to join but I missed 1 whole year of reg windows ..it suked ... I am a neopets transfer ..I spent 16 long years there ..wow I wasted my life...and now that lives n here.

A5i3AHB.png
@Heeroku Heeroku then, not Savi? I like both but your preference is yours. I'm the same, I'm "Cyvia" in so many places it's just easy now. It doesn't help that my first dragon and my avatar is a female... Whoops. [quote1 whole year of reg windows][/quote] Well I thought my few months was bad. I can't imagine your frustration. I'm so sorry [quote]Magic as in MTG? or real magic?[/quote] Both actually. I like black zombie decks and close-up card magic without gimmicked decks [quote]so what is your favorite breed ? mechanic?[/quote] Pearlcatchers have been catching my eye (pun definitely intended) the most probably. And I love the breeding system with the traits and colors being passed down how they are. It's the breeding system I wanted to make into a game when I was in high school And hey, there's nothing wrong with Neopets. Those were the best back in the day :p
@Heeroku

Heeroku then, not Savi? I like both but your preference is yours. I'm the same, I'm "Cyvia" in so many places it's just easy now. It doesn't help that my first dragon and my avatar is a female... Whoops.

[quote1 whole year of reg windows][/quote]
Well I thought my few months was bad. I can't imagine your frustration. I'm so sorry
Quote:
Both actually. I like black zombie decks and close-up card magic without gimmicked decks
Quote:
Pearlcatchers have been catching my eye (pun definitely intended) the most probably. And I love the breeding system with the traits and colors being passed down how they are. It's the breeding system I wanted to make into a game when I was in high school

And hey, there's nothing wrong with Neopets. Those were the best back in the day :p

| ||
Haha. ..
I use a white , green, blue ramp recursion deck...love mtg ...I do not have the patients for magic...so props to you there.

I favor skydancers...I have a one breed lair and I love it. And I have a accent/apparel obsession.

If you ever need anything let me know ..I am happy to help

@Cyvia
Haha. ..
I use a white , green, blue ramp recursion deck...love mtg ...I do not have the patients for magic...so props to you there.

I favor skydancers...I have a one breed lair and I love it. And I have a accent/apparel obsession.

If you ever need anything let me know ..I am happy to help

@Cyvia
A5i3AHB.png
@Hereroku

I don't think I'd have the dedication to do a one breed lair. I look at yours and I do like it but I couldn't limit myself :x

And I've loved magic (performance magic not nerd magic) my whole life so it's something I'm able to dedicate time and money to. I also juggle and do tarot cards and other stuff along those lines

I really appreciate it, and I hope the rest of the community is as friendly as you :)
@Hereroku

I don't think I'd have the dedication to do a one breed lair. I look at yours and I do like it but I couldn't limit myself :x

And I've loved magic (performance magic not nerd magic) my whole life so it's something I'm able to dedicate time and money to. I also juggle and do tarot cards and other stuff along those lines

I really appreciate it, and I hope the rest of the community is as friendly as you :)

| ||