Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Gene Questions.
This question comes up a lot and I want to make sure i'm handing out the right information.

When you breed a starter, lets say guardian, with an Imperial, it's not a 50 / 50 chance, it's more like 75 / 25 in favor of the guardian right?

Now is that 75 / 25 also true with snappers, spirals, and ridgebacks.

Since the wildclaw is considered more rare than all of those, what percentage chance (still with the guardian) would there be of wildclaw babies?

Also as far as Circut gene to NO Circut, are genes like that a 50 / 50 chance for circut and non?

Hope that all makes sense, haha.
This question comes up a lot and I want to make sure i'm handing out the right information.

When you breed a starter, lets say guardian, with an Imperial, it's not a 50 / 50 chance, it's more like 75 / 25 in favor of the guardian right?

Now is that 75 / 25 also true with snappers, spirals, and ridgebacks.

Since the wildclaw is considered more rare than all of those, what percentage chance (still with the guardian) would there be of wildclaw babies?

Also as far as Circut gene to NO Circut, are genes like that a 50 / 50 chance for circut and non?

Hope that all makes sense, haha.
67851.png
@vintrove I think the odds with a Guardian and an Imperial are actually less than 75/25.

If you think of starters as the 1st tier then Pearlcatchers and Ridgebacks would be the 2cnd, Snappers and Spirals would be the 3rd, and Imperials and Wildclaws somewhere above that. So Guardian X Pearlcatcher would be 75/25 in favor of Guardian and Pearlcatcher X Spiral would also be 75/25, but favoring Pearlcatcher.

Not overly helpful but anyway...
This is a very good question.
@vintrove I think the odds with a Guardian and an Imperial are actually less than 75/25.

If you think of starters as the 1st tier then Pearlcatchers and Ridgebacks would be the 2cnd, Snappers and Spirals would be the 3rd, and Imperials and Wildclaws somewhere above that. So Guardian X Pearlcatcher would be 75/25 in favor of Guardian and Pearlcatcher X Spiral would also be 75/25, but favoring Pearlcatcher.

Not overly helpful but anyway...
This is a very good question.
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
@JCStitches That's sort of what I was thinking. I was going by this article here. I'd really like some confirmation on the subject though.
@JCStitches That's sort of what I was thinking. I was going by this article here. I'd really like some confirmation on the subject though.
67851.png
- bump -
- bump -
67851.png
Pinning down exact numbers is probably impossible without Word of God due to the troubles of sample size and RNG. That said, we can get some ideas from the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=8][u]Breeding Dragons[/u][/url] article. Check out the "Hatchlings & Genetic Outcomes" section. [quote]Example 1: Harold's two parent dragons are of different breeds. The mother is a Fae dragon, while the father is a Wildclaw. Wildclaw dragons are a very rare breed, and have a low likelihood of passing it to their offspring if paired with any other breed. [/quote] [quote]Example 1: Harold's Fae dragon has a Tiger primary gene, while his Tundra only has a Basic primary gene. The Tiger primary gene is much rarer than Basic. When paired together, it will be much more likely that the offspring will exhibit the Tundra's Basic primary gene. [/quote] What I gathered from a reading of the article: -A trait both parents have will ALWAYS be passed on. -Two competing traits (Fey & Tundra) that are [b]equally (un)common[/b] will have an even chance to be passed on. -Two competing traits (Basic & Shimmer) that are [b]not equally (un)common[/b] will strongly favor the more common trait. Granted, I'm used to games where "rare" is more on the punishing side than not. It's entirely possible that there'll be more like a 75-25 split on rare things than a 95-5 split, I'd say it's too early to know. Assumptions I'm running with so far, given my prior experience in other games, lazy knowledge of RNG, and info gleaned from the items/breeds themselves: [LIST] [*]RNG is a streaky jerkface. There's going to be some people who breed a Shimmer-Iridescent Imperial with their basic-basic Fey and get a 5-clutch of Shimmer-Iridescent Imperials, and I'm going to be so green with envy that I get mistaken for broccoli. [*]RNG will also mean somebody breeds their Imperial with a Spiral for five months and never sees an Imperial hatchling. RNG giveth, RNG taketh away (rarely from the same person). [*]Breeds are in "brackets" of common-ness. Things in the same brackets have a 50-50 split when breeding, things in different brackets have NOT 50-50 ratios. [*]We'll probably get an idea of the breeding ratios from different pairings in a few weeks, once we've all had time to breed a few times. [*]I'm assuming all genes count as rares-- or at least uncommon. I do NOT expect those to pass on frequently if one parent is Basic.[/LIST]
Pinning down exact numbers is probably impossible without Word of God due to the troubles of sample size and RNG. That said, we can get some ideas from the Breeding Dragons article. Check out the "Hatchlings & Genetic Outcomes" section.
Quote:
Example 1: Harold's two parent dragons are of different breeds. The mother is a Fae dragon, while the father is a Wildclaw. Wildclaw dragons are a very rare breed, and have a low likelihood of passing it to their offspring if paired with any other breed.
Quote:
Example 1: Harold's Fae dragon has a Tiger primary gene, while his Tundra only has a Basic primary gene. The Tiger primary gene is much rarer than Basic. When paired together, it will be much more likely that the offspring will exhibit the Tundra's Basic primary gene.

What I gathered from a reading of the article:
-A trait both parents have will ALWAYS be passed on.
-Two competing traits (Fey & Tundra) that are equally (un)common will have an even chance to be passed on.
-Two competing traits (Basic & Shimmer) that are not equally (un)common will strongly favor the more common trait.

Granted, I'm used to games where "rare" is more on the punishing side than not. It's entirely possible that there'll be more like a 75-25 split on rare things than a 95-5 split, I'd say it's too early to know.

Assumptions I'm running with so far, given my prior experience in other games, lazy knowledge of RNG, and info gleaned from the items/breeds themselves:
  • RNG is a streaky jerkface. There's going to be some people who breed a Shimmer-Iridescent Imperial with their basic-basic Fey and get a 5-clutch of Shimmer-Iridescent Imperials, and I'm going to be so green with envy that I get mistaken for broccoli.
  • RNG will also mean somebody breeds their Imperial with a Spiral for five months and never sees an Imperial hatchling. RNG giveth, RNG taketh away (rarely from the same person).
  • Breeds are in "brackets" of common-ness. Things in the same brackets have a 50-50 split when breeding, things in different brackets have NOT 50-50 ratios.
  • We'll probably get an idea of the breeding ratios from different pairings in a few weeks, once we've all had time to breed a few times.
  • I'm assuming all genes count as rares-- or at least uncommon. I do NOT expect those to pass on frequently if one parent is Basic.
w3FkmQd.pngnYfqvkJ.pngkX1MmEz.pngE9LEaQN.pngAy0lrzd.png