Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Image hosting site
Hi, does anyone know of an image hosting site that allows pngs over 30mbs or a way to make procreate pngs smaller in size? I’ve tried imgur, google photos, flickr, imageshack, imgshare, free image hosting, dropbox, photobucket, etc.

I usually use imgur but with my procreate + new ipad I guess my images are too big but I don’t know why? This is the first (well second? Kinda) time this has happened since I got my ipad 7 months ago.

Alternatively does anyone know how to post a stash photo because the stash/deviantart is literally perfect for what I’m trying to do but since they’ve updated their website the image addresses have been all messed up

Edit ;; I am subscribed you don’t have to ping^^
Hi, does anyone know of an image hosting site that allows pngs over 30mbs or a way to make procreate pngs smaller in size? I’ve tried imgur, google photos, flickr, imageshack, imgshare, free image hosting, dropbox, photobucket, etc.

I usually use imgur but with my procreate + new ipad I guess my images are too big but I don’t know why? This is the first (well second? Kinda) time this has happened since I got my ipad 7 months ago.

Alternatively does anyone know how to post a stash photo because the stash/deviantart is literally perfect for what I’m trying to do but since they’ve updated their website the image addresses have been all messed up

Edit ;; I am subscribed you don’t have to ping^^
Moth Keeper's Lantern xx - azra.
- she/her.
- aavikko => dyhayc.
- skin & accent shop (semi-hiatus).
30mb is way, way too big. For reference, most sites have a limit of ~10mb. That's not for no reason either - images of that size have too much detail to display on normal monitors anyway.

You should look up how to change your default image size and resolution in Procreate so you aren't making images that are bigger than they need to be. For existing images, you need to scale them down - look up how to resize images in procreate.

Some time ago deviantart/stash made it impossible to use their site as an image host, so that's not an option.
30mb is way, way too big. For reference, most sites have a limit of ~10mb. That's not for no reason either - images of that size have too much detail to display on normal monitors anyway.

You should look up how to change your default image size and resolution in Procreate so you aren't making images that are bigger than they need to be. For existing images, you need to scale them down - look up how to resize images in procreate.

Some time ago deviantart/stash made it impossible to use their site as an image host, so that's not an option.
Can you upload the image to a file hosting site (like mediafire or mega) so I can take a look at it? If it's not the actual image dimensions it might be something else.
Can you upload the image to a file hosting site (like mediafire or mega) so I can take a look at it? If it's not the actual image dimensions it might be something else.
@Kasael ;; This should link to the file, lmk if it doesn't work
@Kasael ;; This should link to the file, lmk if it doesn't work
- she/her.
- aavikko => dyhayc.
Well, that gave me an appropriately-sized 544kb image, which is good because it means there isn't a problem with the file itself, but bad because it means I don't know why you're having trouble uploading it... Where is it saying that it's too big?

Also, your art is lovely.
Well, that gave me an appropriately-sized 544kb image, which is good because it means there isn't a problem with the file itself, but bad because it means I don't know why you're having trouble uploading it... Where is it saying that it's too big?

Also, your art is lovely.
@Kasael ;; Imgur said it was too big, but apparently the file size went down because I posted it to stash and then saved it to my computer. If I can continue this method then maybe I have a solution to my problem? The thing is, this is only one drawing so could this be a fluke or is it a solid method? Also thank you for the compliment! Here is the image that I saved from stash posted to imgur: [img]https://i.imgur.com/18OdftT.png[/img] Here is an image directly from procreate: [img]https://i.imgur.com/HS8AO1R.jpg[/img] I don't know if you'll be able to see it in this post (because it'll have a white background) but it does seem like the top one is transparent. The bottom one lost it's transparency because it was too big so imgur changed the photo to a .jpg file to compress it edit;; I deleted an earlier post so you could see the difference
@Kasael ;; Imgur said it was too big, but apparently the file size went down because I posted it to stash and then saved it to my computer. If I can continue this method then maybe I have a solution to my problem? The thing is, this is only one drawing so could this be a fluke or is it a solid method? Also thank you for the compliment!

Here is the image that I saved from stash posted to imgur:
18OdftT.png

Here is an image directly from procreate:
HS8AO1R.jpg

I don't know if you'll be able to see it in this post (because it'll have a white background) but it does seem like the top one is transparent. The bottom one lost it's transparency because it was too big so imgur changed the photo to a .jpg file to compress it

edit;; I deleted an earlier post so you could see the difference
- she/her.
- aavikko => dyhayc.
Hmm... What are the image dimensions listed on your ipad, without uploading anywhere, in pixels?
Hmm... What are the image dimensions listed on your ipad, without uploading anywhere, in pixels?
@Kasael ;; The original is 1909x2610 which is smaller than the normal I use of 2048x2732 (my screen size) This is an image uploaded from procreate to imgur directly that's also my screen size [img]https://i.imgur.com/QwPEEua.png[/img]
@Kasael ;; The original is 1909x2610 which is smaller than the normal I use of 2048x2732 (my screen size)

This is an image uploaded from procreate to imgur directly that's also my screen size
QwPEEua.png

- she/her.
- aavikko => dyhayc.
I'm sorry, I'm totally stumped. You might try asking in the procreate support forums?

Another option is to save the file as a .psd and export it to .png in another program - I don't know what's available on ipad, but on PC I use GIMP.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help, and good luck. Maybe someone else can chip in...?
I'm sorry, I'm totally stumped. You might try asking in the procreate support forums?

Another option is to save the file as a .psd and export it to .png in another program - I don't know what's available on ipad, but on PC I use GIMP.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help, and good luck. Maybe someone else can chip in...?
@Kasael ;; Alright, well thank you for the help anyways! Hopefully I can figure out why it's not working soon^^
@Kasael ;; Alright, well thank you for the help anyways! Hopefully I can figure out why it's not working soon^^
- she/her.
- aavikko => dyhayc.