Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Is Offsite Trading Allowed?????
Hello! I wanted to know if offsite trading was allowed. Specifically for these games though: Chickensmoothie, Animal Jam, and Mweor. I wanted to do some offsite trading, but I don't know if it is against the rules or not. Thanks for your help!

-xxlunarwolvesxx-
Hello! I wanted to know if offsite trading was allowed. Specifically for these games though: Chickensmoothie, Animal Jam, and Mweor. I wanted to do some offsite trading, but I don't know if it is against the rules or not. Thanks for your help!

-xxlunarwolvesxx-
@xxlunarwolvesxx

It's permitted, but only in the case that the other site explicitly permits cross-trading in their ToS/ToU, and that you're not trading for real money or physical items (though trading for physical art commissions is fine as far as I know).

Chickensmoothie is fine unless they've changed their terms very recently. Animal Jam is not, per point 11 of their ToS. Mweor permits it per point 17 of their ToS.
@xxlunarwolvesxx

It's permitted, but only in the case that the other site explicitly permits cross-trading in their ToS/ToU, and that you're not trading for real money or physical items (though trading for physical art commissions is fine as far as I know).

Chickensmoothie is fine unless they've changed their terms very recently. Animal Jam is not, per point 11 of their ToS. Mweor permits it per point 17 of their ToS.
@Vely

Thanks! Why doesn't Animal Jam allow it? What are points

(You say point 11 and point 17)

-xxlunarwolvesxx-
@Vely

Thanks! Why doesn't Animal Jam allow it? What are points

(You say point 11 and point 17)

-xxlunarwolvesxx-
@xxlunarwolvesxx

Because the admins of that side choose to do this with their site. Its often either a scam prevention or to prevent profits to go offsite which means a loss of money to them.
@xxlunarwolvesxx

Because the admins of that side choose to do this with their site. Its often either a scam prevention or to prevent profits to go offsite which means a loss of money to them.
@xxlunarwolvesxx The points are in the links I provided. For example, point 11 on the Animal Jam ToS is "11. License to Use Animal Jam Content." There it has all the legal information you need to know. They don't need to summarize it in plain English in addition to the complicated legal stuff, but they do, and this is what they've said: [quote]Translation: Non-physical, digital items that you purchase for use in Animal Jam, including memberships, avatar accessories, den items, gems and diamonds are not property owned by you. As a result, you do not have the right to modify, share, transfer or sell these items. [/quote] Sites choose to limit cross-trading for their own reasons. Maybe it impacts their profits; it definitely impacts their economies; maybe they don't want to risk cross-site cheaters and the difficulty of resolving issues from cross-site scams; maybe it's not how they want their game to be played; maybe the trade will favor one person in a way they don't want (for example, premium currency may be more valuable on some sites than others, so people could buy where it's more valuable and trade for more premium currency on another site). Whatever the reason, they've chosen not to risk the downsides of cross-site trading, and that is their decision. I also want to mention, since I forgot: Even if another site permits cross-trading, that site must be using their own intellectual property (IP). For example, if there's a website where you collect Pokemon, and the website allows cross-site trading, FR will not. Because Pokemon belongs to Nintendo, not that website, and NIntendo does not allow cross-trading.
@xxlunarwolvesxx

The points are in the links I provided. For example, point 11 on the Animal Jam ToS is "11. License to Use Animal Jam Content." There it has all the legal information you need to know. They don't need to summarize it in plain English in addition to the complicated legal stuff, but they do, and this is what they've said:
Quote:
Translation: Non-physical, digital items that you purchase for use in Animal Jam, including memberships, avatar accessories, den items, gems and diamonds are not property owned by you. As a result, you do not have the right to modify, share, transfer or sell these items.

Sites choose to limit cross-trading for their own reasons. Maybe it impacts their profits; it definitely impacts their economies; maybe they don't want to risk cross-site cheaters and the difficulty of resolving issues from cross-site scams; maybe it's not how they want their game to be played; maybe the trade will favor one person in a way they don't want (for example, premium currency may be more valuable on some sites than others, so people could buy where it's more valuable and trade for more premium currency on another site). Whatever the reason, they've chosen not to risk the downsides of cross-site trading, and that is their decision.

I also want to mention, since I forgot: Even if another site permits cross-trading, that site must be using their own intellectual property (IP). For example, if there's a website where you collect Pokemon, and the website allows cross-site trading, FR will not. Because Pokemon belongs to Nintendo, not that website, and NIntendo does not allow cross-trading.