Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Odds of a double gen one?
I know I saw that someone has done the math but I can't find the post anywhere...

Can anyone tell me: What are the odds of scattering/hatching a gen one and randomly getting a double?

What are the odds of getting a triple? Not gonna happen with my luck, but I'm still a bit curious

(starting a scatter project)
I know I saw that someone has done the math but I can't find the post anywhere...

Can anyone tell me: What are the odds of scattering/hatching a gen one and randomly getting a double?

What are the odds of getting a triple? Not gonna happen with my luck, but I'm still a bit curious

(starting a scatter project)
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.giftumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.giftumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif
The odds of a triple are 1/31329.

The odds of a double (assuming triples count as doubles) are 1/59 if you don't care what the combination (XXY/XYX/XYY) is; 1/177 if you do.

@Stagwing forgot to ping, sorry.
The odds of a triple are 1/31329.

The odds of a double (assuming triples count as doubles) are 1/59 if you don't care what the combination (XXY/XYX/XYY) is; 1/177 if you do.

@Stagwing forgot to ping, sorry.
@logicbutton

Thank you so much!
@logicbutton

Thank you so much!
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.giftumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.giftumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif
Okay so I'm not pinging because it's not important in a practical sense, but for anyone else who cares, I just realized that I forgot to factor something in before and the chances of a double are actually 529/31329; that is, 1/59 - 2/31329. Which is like a .006% difference, so basically nothing at all. Anyway, carry on.
Okay so I'm not pinging because it's not important in a practical sense, but for anyone else who cares, I just realized that I forgot to factor something in before and the chances of a double are actually 529/31329; that is, 1/59 - 2/31329. Which is like a .006% difference, so basically nothing at all. Anyway, carry on.
@logicbutton
Actually wait, thank you for this! That was really awesome to know!
@logicbutton
Actually wait, thank you for this! That was really awesome to know!