Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Important tips for newbies!!
Ok, so I want to just list some stuff that our new friends may not understand/stuff that isn't clear! I don't want you guys to make the same mistakes I did ;-;
-DRAGON RELATED STUFF-
Think twice before you exalt your progen! (that is the first dragon you got) You will not get any treasure from this, and later you may regret it.

If you get an unhatched egg, don't hatch it right away- unhatched elemental eggs are very valuable, and go for a lot of money! If you want the cash, sell it. However, if you choose to hatch it, it would be wise not to exalt the dragon that comes from it.

A "gen one" dragon is one that comes from an unhatched egg. These dragons tend to be more valuable than some regular dragons. Desirable traits in a Gen-one dragon are- being unbred, having two or more of the same color, and having matching eyes. Of course there are more things that people look for in Gen ones but these are the most common.

Exalting a dragon does not kill it! This is something a lot of people might think. There's nothing wrong with exalting a dragon. However, if you exalt a dragon when it is unnamed, this decreased the value drastically of the parent dragon. Try to name your dragons before exalting! And if you're selling dragons, it may be wise to name them first just to be safe.

Also- you can breed any two dragons together, so long as they are not related closely or of the same gender (or hatchlings).

Everyone has their own prefences as to what genes they like or dislike, but dragons with one or more basic genes tend to be less valuble than ones that are triple gened.
-SITE RELATED STUFF-

This is probably something that only I messed up but... make sure you notice that you can gather items! I didn't see this for a few days when I joined ;-; you can find food for your dragons in different elemental territories. In scavenging, you find trinkets and have a chance at an unhatched egg. Digging can yield treasure chests and such.

Make sure you head to the trading post! Once a day, you can answer trivia questions from the dragon "Tomo". There is a thread that lists answers to her questions somewhere. Also check in on pinkerton. He will give you a random item once a day.

WHEN IN THE COLISEUM, DON'T ADD STAT POINTS WITHOUT READING A GUIDE. It may seem tempting to build your dragons evenly, but that's not how things are in this site- there's a lot of complications and such when leveling dragons and building fighters. I'll come back here and link a leveling guide later.

Do some research before you post auctions! If you get a slick looking item, make sure to check in on the auction house to see how much it is going for.
-OTHER THINGS TO WATCH OUT FOR-

The most valuble items on the site are sprites. They're old familliars from when the site first opened and they're very scarce. However, there is a common familliar called the "rainbow sprite". THIS IS NOT A RARE FAMILLIAR. There are some people who attempt scams by pricing the rainbow sprite very high on the auction house... don't fall for it!

Make sure to read the terms of service. This is a general rule, but some people don't check it out. Remember, Multi-accounting is STRICTLY BANNED.

I think this about covers it! Feel free to add other stuff that's important to remember :-)
Ok, so I want to just list some stuff that our new friends may not understand/stuff that isn't clear! I don't want you guys to make the same mistakes I did ;-;
-DRAGON RELATED STUFF-
Think twice before you exalt your progen! (that is the first dragon you got) You will not get any treasure from this, and later you may regret it.

If you get an unhatched egg, don't hatch it right away- unhatched elemental eggs are very valuable, and go for a lot of money! If you want the cash, sell it. However, if you choose to hatch it, it would be wise not to exalt the dragon that comes from it.

A "gen one" dragon is one that comes from an unhatched egg. These dragons tend to be more valuable than some regular dragons. Desirable traits in a Gen-one dragon are- being unbred, having two or more of the same color, and having matching eyes. Of course there are more things that people look for in Gen ones but these are the most common.

Exalting a dragon does not kill it! This is something a lot of people might think. There's nothing wrong with exalting a dragon. However, if you exalt a dragon when it is unnamed, this decreased the value drastically of the parent dragon. Try to name your dragons before exalting! And if you're selling dragons, it may be wise to name them first just to be safe.

Also- you can breed any two dragons together, so long as they are not related closely or of the same gender (or hatchlings).

Everyone has their own prefences as to what genes they like or dislike, but dragons with one or more basic genes tend to be less valuble than ones that are triple gened.
-SITE RELATED STUFF-

This is probably something that only I messed up but... make sure you notice that you can gather items! I didn't see this for a few days when I joined ;-; you can find food for your dragons in different elemental territories. In scavenging, you find trinkets and have a chance at an unhatched egg. Digging can yield treasure chests and such.

Make sure you head to the trading post! Once a day, you can answer trivia questions from the dragon "Tomo". There is a thread that lists answers to her questions somewhere. Also check in on pinkerton. He will give you a random item once a day.

WHEN IN THE COLISEUM, DON'T ADD STAT POINTS WITHOUT READING A GUIDE. It may seem tempting to build your dragons evenly, but that's not how things are in this site- there's a lot of complications and such when leveling dragons and building fighters. I'll come back here and link a leveling guide later.

Do some research before you post auctions! If you get a slick looking item, make sure to check in on the auction house to see how much it is going for.
-OTHER THINGS TO WATCH OUT FOR-

The most valuble items on the site are sprites. They're old familliars from when the site first opened and they're very scarce. However, there is a common familliar called the "rainbow sprite". THIS IS NOT A RARE FAMILLIAR. There are some people who attempt scams by pricing the rainbow sprite very high on the auction house... don't fall for it!

Make sure to read the terms of service. This is a general rule, but some people don't check it out. Remember, Multi-accounting is STRICTLY BANNED.

I think this about covers it! Feel free to add other stuff that's important to remember :-)
@AvacadoToast you make some good points, but is this something that would fit more in the guides or FR discussion forums than help? Also a lot of it is covered in the stickies at the top of the forum.
@AvacadoToast you make some good points, but is this something that would fit more in the guides or FR discussion forums than help? Also a lot of it is covered in the stickies at the top of the forum.