Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Am I using this word properly?
The word is fodder. I read that it means a cheap dragon used solely for exalting, but is it normally used for other things, too?
For example, breeding fodder (I think) would mean a dragon(s) solely used for breeding, only to be exalted when the nest hatches. Is that right?
The word is fodder. I read that it means a cheap dragon used solely for exalting, but is it normally used for other things, too?
For example, breeding fodder (I think) would mean a dragon(s) solely used for breeding, only to be exalted when the nest hatches. Is that right?
z5734464872e81.gif
@Officer 'Fodder' is a dragon that is bought or bred for the sole purpose of being exalted, so you're pretty much correct. When people talk about 'breeding fodder' they usually mean exalting the hatchlings rather than the parents, but otherwise yeah.
@Officer 'Fodder' is a dragon that is bought or bred for the sole purpose of being exalted, so you're pretty much correct. When people talk about 'breeding fodder' they usually mean exalting the hatchlings rather than the parents, but otherwise yeah.
@Officer

'Fodder', in the context we use it on FR, uses the definition where it refers to something that is usable only for a specific purpose.

In the real world, the word is or used in contexts such as 'cannon fodder' (historically those on the front lines who were sent out against the enemy purely to be killed by their fire) or 'factory fodder' (more recent history, where poorly educated people were basically destined to work in factories due to being too underqualified to work 'better' jobs).

On FR, the term exalt fodder makes use of this context. The dragons in that bracket are considered only suitable for exalt.

You could use 'breeding fodder' in the same way, though if they are to be bred once (presumably producing exalt fodder themselves) and then exalted they too would fall under the 'exalt fodder' title.

Any dragon whose purpose (to the owner) is to be exalted, regardless of whether they produce babies first, is exalt fodder.
@Officer

'Fodder', in the context we use it on FR, uses the definition where it refers to something that is usable only for a specific purpose.

In the real world, the word is or used in contexts such as 'cannon fodder' (historically those on the front lines who were sent out against the enemy purely to be killed by their fire) or 'factory fodder' (more recent history, where poorly educated people were basically destined to work in factories due to being too underqualified to work 'better' jobs).

On FR, the term exalt fodder makes use of this context. The dragons in that bracket are considered only suitable for exalt.

You could use 'breeding fodder' in the same way, though if they are to be bred once (presumably producing exalt fodder themselves) and then exalted they too would fall under the 'exalt fodder' title.

Any dragon whose purpose (to the owner) is to be exalted, regardless of whether they produce babies first, is exalt fodder.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
@Cynictis @Greyjoy

Thank you both! I now have a better understanding of the term. :)
@Cynictis @Greyjoy

Thank you both! I now have a better understanding of the term. :)
z5734464872e81.gif