Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC |   ?
I used   (that's html for no-break space) in some of my bios, but friends now told me they see the code, instead of a space, while they successfully convert for myself.

Both me and friends use Chrome, so that can't be it.

I guess I'll opt for some transparent image placeholder for now...

Edit: Whoops, wanted to post this in the bug forum. ...would a mod mind moving this?
I used   (that's html for no-break space) in some of my bios, but friends now told me they see the code, instead of a space, while they successfully convert for myself.

Both me and friends use Chrome, so that can't be it.

I guess I'll opt for some transparent image placeholder for now...

Edit: Whoops, wanted to post this in the bug forum. ...would a mod mind moving this?
hPGHvDe.pngjPfUJ3r.png
[LF] Aqua Bellies | [LF]Nature-y Dragons | [ Fandragon Hub ]
CPx59tb.png
@Rooty The reason HTML doesn't work is you need to use BBCode in the bios. :)
@Rooty The reason HTML doesn't work is you need to use BBCode in the bios. :)
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
@JCStitches If I remember correctly, for a while one of these &-symbols was the only way to get apostrophes to work.

What's striking me as more odd is that it apparently works and parses correctly for myself, but not for others. (Much like item codes did a while back.)
@JCStitches If I remember correctly, for a while one of these &-symbols was the only way to get apostrophes to work.

What's striking me as more odd is that it apparently works and parses correctly for myself, but not for others. (Much like item codes did a while back.)
hPGHvDe.pngjPfUJ3r.png
CPx59tb.png
@Rooty You can use the Unicode symbol for a apostrophe ( '), but HTML will not work properly. The forums, profiles, and bios are meant for BBCode. :)
@Rooty You can use the Unicode symbol for a apostrophe ( '), but HTML will not work properly. The forums, profiles, and bios are meant for BBCode. :)
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
@JCStitches Both ' and   are Unicode/HTML entities, one is the entity name, the other the number. I just tried the number variant of no-break space (&# 160;), but that has the same problem.
@JCStitches Both ' and   are Unicode/HTML entities, one is the entity name, the other the number. I just tried the number variant of no-break space (&# 160;), but that has the same problem.
hPGHvDe.pngjPfUJ3r.png
CPx59tb.png