Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Nest renting?
I faintly remember reading somewhere, probably on the forum, about people renting out their nests, I think to breed dragons of different flights. Can someone please explain how this would work. Also, I have a Skydancer that I don't plan to breed, so can I let other players breed their dragons with her? Where would I post to advertise this service?
I faintly remember reading somewhere, probably on the forum, about people renting out their nests, I think to breed dragons of different flights. Can someone please explain how this would work. Also, I have a Skydancer that I don't plan to breed, so can I let other players breed their dragons with her? Where would I post to advertise this service?
PK0Dszw.png
I rent nests to other users on a regular basis. People send me both of their dragons once they're ready to breed, and often some food to cover the duration of their stay (this is considered good form, but is not necessarily required by all nest renters). Some people also send a treasure tip of anything from 1000Tr - 10,000Tr - again, some renters have a fee, but most are free and consider tips a nice bonus.

I put them on the nest, incubate daily, and send the parents plus all hatchlings back once they hatch. On my end, it's good form to let people know if I have had to unexpectedly miss a day of incubation, or if I won't be available to send return CR on the day of hatching. It's standard to send all hatchlings and both parents back, although sometimes people will offer for me to keep one or more of the dragons if I want them (either for myself or to exalt) - for example, if they had a breeding project going, they may only want the successful hatchling and may offer the rest. I usually accept, if only because free exalt dragons are always welcome. I've also kept an extra hatchling once or twice if I really liked it!

It's also good form for the owner of the dragons to accept the return CRs promptly, ideally the day of hatching, or to let the nest renter know if they will be unable to accept promptly prior to renting their nest. Most renters have a policy of exalting unclaimed dragons after a nominated period of inactivity eg. 2 weeks because they take up valuable lair space and eat all our food! It's very poor form to fill the rest of your lair while you have dragons away on a rented nest, and then be unable to accept them back despite remaining active on FR. This behaviour will probably ensure you're not welcome to rent a nest from that person again.

It also pays to remember that nest rentals are unsupported transactions. If you send your dragons to someone to rent a nest, and they don't return them, exalt them, do something to change them etc. the admins can't help you with it. You can minimise this risk by renting from someone in this thread and looking for people with good reviews. Most nest renters (like myself) actually make a reasonable income off renting nests through tips and the odd free dragon, so we're usually motivated to behave well and treat your dragons as honoured guests :)
I rent nests to other users on a regular basis. People send me both of their dragons once they're ready to breed, and often some food to cover the duration of their stay (this is considered good form, but is not necessarily required by all nest renters). Some people also send a treasure tip of anything from 1000Tr - 10,000Tr - again, some renters have a fee, but most are free and consider tips a nice bonus.

I put them on the nest, incubate daily, and send the parents plus all hatchlings back once they hatch. On my end, it's good form to let people know if I have had to unexpectedly miss a day of incubation, or if I won't be available to send return CR on the day of hatching. It's standard to send all hatchlings and both parents back, although sometimes people will offer for me to keep one or more of the dragons if I want them (either for myself or to exalt) - for example, if they had a breeding project going, they may only want the successful hatchling and may offer the rest. I usually accept, if only because free exalt dragons are always welcome. I've also kept an extra hatchling once or twice if I really liked it!

It's also good form for the owner of the dragons to accept the return CRs promptly, ideally the day of hatching, or to let the nest renter know if they will be unable to accept promptly prior to renting their nest. Most renters have a policy of exalting unclaimed dragons after a nominated period of inactivity eg. 2 weeks because they take up valuable lair space and eat all our food! It's very poor form to fill the rest of your lair while you have dragons away on a rented nest, and then be unable to accept them back despite remaining active on FR. This behaviour will probably ensure you're not welcome to rent a nest from that person again.

It also pays to remember that nest rentals are unsupported transactions. If you send your dragons to someone to rent a nest, and they don't return them, exalt them, do something to change them etc. the admins can't help you with it. You can minimise this risk by renting from someone in this thread and looking for people with good reviews. Most nest renters (like myself) actually make a reasonable income off renting nests through tips and the odd free dragon, so we're usually motivated to behave well and treat your dragons as honoured guests :)
@Avarice Thanks for the info.
@Avarice Thanks for the info.
PK0Dszw.png