Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Is this a known bug?
1 2
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/1443268

I am right now, posting while simultaneously being locked out of my account due to too many log on attempts.

Since no one seems to respond to buy reports (based upon the lack of response to other people's posts - not mine, mine is too new) I thought I would cross post here to send up a bat signal to an admin.

I am right now, posting while simultaneously being locked out of my account due to too many log on attempts.

Since no one seems to respond to buy reports (based upon the lack of response to other people's posts - not mine, mine is too new) I thought I would cross post here to send up a bat signal to an admin.

Owner and Proprietor of The Tank Farm.
Oh, and a question - I am trying to build up - I just got started in this game, and see it as "neopets for adults - is that correct?

Also, feel free to ask me anything as I am killing time, and I can't "play" since they have locked me out.

harrupph.
Oh, and a question - I am trying to build up - I just got started in this game, and see it as "neopets for adults - is that correct?

Also, feel free to ask me anything as I am killing time, and I can't "play" since they have locked me out.

harrupph.
@ItsAnAlias
The www and www1 portions of the site tend to act like two entirely different websites regarding whether or not you're logged in. This is a known "bug"

You tend to stay logged in on the www1 portion (forums, private messages, etc.) even if you're not on the www portion (dragon page, coli, etc.)-- or in this case, even if you've been locked out of the www portion.

Have a look at the address bar at the top as you move between pages and you'll see what I mean

EDIT: spelling

EDIT2: you can fix the logged in/not logged in issue by either logging out of www1 and then back in again, which will log you into both, or by just logging into www.

You see this a lot once you hit the midnight rollover, which will log you out of the www part if you try to do things during the rollover, but you can still freely browse the forums as they are part of the www1 portion ;)-- you just can't make posts during the maintenance.
@ItsAnAlias
The www and www1 portions of the site tend to act like two entirely different websites regarding whether or not you're logged in. This is a known "bug"

You tend to stay logged in on the www1 portion (forums, private messages, etc.) even if you're not on the www portion (dragon page, coli, etc.)-- or in this case, even if you've been locked out of the www portion.

Have a look at the address bar at the top as you move between pages and you'll see what I mean

EDIT: spelling

EDIT2: you can fix the logged in/not logged in issue by either logging out of www1 and then back in again, which will log you into both, or by just logging into www.

You see this a lot once you hit the midnight rollover, which will log you out of the www part if you try to do things during the rollover, but you can still freely browse the forums as they are part of the www1 portion ;)-- you just can't make posts during the maintenance.
ZT1GQLd.png
Good catch! So obviously, the two systems are using two different cookies that expire rates..

Now that's a bug - do you mind if I update my bug thread with this information, and credit you?
Good catch! So obviously, the two systems are using two different cookies that expire rates..

Now that's a bug - do you mind if I update my bug thread with this information, and credit you?
By the way - still locked out - is it two hours from first lock or does every attempt reset the clock?
By the way - still locked out - is it two hours from first lock or does every attempt reset the clock?
@ItsAnAlias: It's a very well known phenomenon-- trust me, we get newbies making posts about this after every single registration ;)

Just wait until you're not locked out (is it a timer? I've never had it happen to me, so I'm not sure) and log in normally on a www page, and you should be fine. :)

See my edits of my first post for more words tot he same effect-- it tends to happen a lot, though not usually with lockouts ahaha
@ItsAnAlias: It's a very well known phenomenon-- trust me, we get newbies making posts about this after every single registration ;)

Just wait until you're not locked out (is it a timer? I've never had it happen to me, so I'm not sure) and log in normally on a www page, and you should be fine. :)

See my edits of my first post for more words tot he same effect-- it tends to happen a lot, though not usually with lockouts ahaha
ZT1GQLd.png
Ah.. now we're getting somewhere - I hit the roll over last night (midnight, pst) and then was whocky-logged when I tried to log in again. Couldn't log in, got locked out, then discovered I could still post.

Seems like an odd behavior.
Ah.. now we're getting somewhere - I hit the roll over last night (midnight, pst) and then was whocky-logged when I tried to log in again. Couldn't log in, got locked out, then discovered I could still post.

Seems like an odd behavior.
[quote name="Tunesmith" date=2015-05-22 14:26:29] EDIT2: you can fix the logged in/not logged in issue by either logging out of www1 and then back in again, which will log you into both, or by just logging into www. You see this a lot once you hit the midnight rollover, which will log you out of the www part if you try to do things during the rollover, but you can still freely browse the forums as they are part of the www1 portion ;)-- you just can't make posts. [/quote] @ItsAnAlias
Tunesmith wrote on 2015-05-22:

You see this a lot once you hit the midnight rollover, which will log you out of the www part if you try to do things during the rollover, but you can still freely browse the forums as they are part of the www1 portion ;)-- you just can't make posts.

@ItsAnAlias
ZT1GQLd.png
[quote name="Tunesmith" date=2015-05-22 14:36:14] @ItsAnAlias: It's a very well known phenomenon-- trust me, we get newbies making posts about this after every single registration ;) Just wait until you're not locked out (is it a timer? I've never had it happen to me, so I'm not sure) and log in normally on a www page, and you should be fine. :) [/quote] It just strikes me as odd behavior for a site that 1. Required me to use a longer username than I do in most mmo's (RIP Bason). 2. Did not accept my randomly generated password as "not long enough" While I the "protect what's worth protecting" philosophy, the real "hole is a social one - if I log out of one area and not hte other on a public computer, then someone can post as me. In fact, how do you know that this is the real "ItsAnAlias" This could be Bason posting on ItsAnAlias' computer... :)
Tunesmith wrote on 2015-05-22:

It just strikes me as odd behavior for a site that

1. Required me to use a longer username than I do in most mmo's (RIP Bason).
2. Did not accept my randomly generated password as "not long enough"

While I the "protect what's worth protecting" philosophy, the real "hole is a social one - if I log out of one area and not hte other on a public computer, then someone can post as me.

In fact, how do you know that this is the real "ItsAnAlias" This could be Bason posting on ItsAnAlias' computer...

:)
@ItsAnAlias

If you actually go and log out of one it logs you out of both

the issue is with the rollovers, generally-- the automatic logout thing during maintenance tends to be weird, and is usually the source of this issue. Generally though if you're in a north american country this will not be during a time where this is an issue for public computers.

I do agree that in some circumstances it might pose an account security risk, but most of the important parts of the site tend to not let you do things if you're not completely logged in. The only thing I can think of where things might be unfortunate is if you're able to send items in private messages, which could be something you might want to mention in your bug report.

I'm, uh. Not sure what that has to do with username/password length? I mean, the username Rhea was accepted so Bason should have been completely acceptable if it was not already taken.

EDIT: @Bason
EDIT2: The username was not taken. Not sure why you wouldn't have been able to register with it, but you might be able to change your username to that once you're logged back in.
@ItsAnAlias

If you actually go and log out of one it logs you out of both

the issue is with the rollovers, generally-- the automatic logout thing during maintenance tends to be weird, and is usually the source of this issue. Generally though if you're in a north american country this will not be during a time where this is an issue for public computers.

I do agree that in some circumstances it might pose an account security risk, but most of the important parts of the site tend to not let you do things if you're not completely logged in. The only thing I can think of where things might be unfortunate is if you're able to send items in private messages, which could be something you might want to mention in your bug report.

I'm, uh. Not sure what that has to do with username/password length? I mean, the username Rhea was accepted so Bason should have been completely acceptable if it was not already taken.

EDIT: @Bason
EDIT2: The username was not taken. Not sure why you wouldn't have been able to register with it, but you might be able to change your username to that once you're logged back in.
ZT1GQLd.png
1 2