Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Feathered Wings on female SDs
**Note: My native language is not English, so if this explanation/question sounds rather strange, excuse me. Ask nicely and I will try and do my best to explain it more clearly, if I am capable.**

I'd rather not put it in the Bug-Report Forums yet as I am not completely sure how the SDs bodies work and so I am asking if what I see is correct and if that is indeed a mistake or not...since it kinda looks like one to me.

So if we look at female SDs, we see the tip of the other wing behind the front-wing, mostly we see the talons.
If I see it correctly, the talons of the wing face to the wing-inside and the talons of the backwing are - in my opinion - facing away from the viewer = to the wing-inside.
That would mean, we see the outside of her left wing behind her other one.

The Feathered Wing apparel should only decorate the wing-inside, if I see it correctly, but on the bottom of the front-wing we see more feather, attached to the talons of the back-wing.

For comparison-purposes:
(image bigger than forum, so just url)
http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp64/MaestroSanguineus/FlightRising/wing_zps26afe3fd.jpg

1. We have no feathers on the talons of the front wing, so why on the backwing?
2. If it is, like I think, the wing-outside, there should not be any feathers at all, right?

So is that somehow a mess-up in the grafics or am I the only one thinking it looks a bit.. meh :/
**Note: My native language is not English, so if this explanation/question sounds rather strange, excuse me. Ask nicely and I will try and do my best to explain it more clearly, if I am capable.**

I'd rather not put it in the Bug-Report Forums yet as I am not completely sure how the SDs bodies work and so I am asking if what I see is correct and if that is indeed a mistake or not...since it kinda looks like one to me.

So if we look at female SDs, we see the tip of the other wing behind the front-wing, mostly we see the talons.
If I see it correctly, the talons of the wing face to the wing-inside and the talons of the backwing are - in my opinion - facing away from the viewer = to the wing-inside.
That would mean, we see the outside of her left wing behind her other one.

The Feathered Wing apparel should only decorate the wing-inside, if I see it correctly, but on the bottom of the front-wing we see more feather, attached to the talons of the back-wing.

For comparison-purposes:
(image bigger than forum, so just url)
http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp64/MaestroSanguineus/FlightRising/wing_zps26afe3fd.jpg

1. We have no feathers on the talons of the front wing, so why on the backwing?
2. If it is, like I think, the wing-outside, there should not be any feathers at all, right?

So is that somehow a mess-up in the grafics or am I the only one thinking it looks a bit.. meh :/
There's always a bit of 'wings size balance' issue with most of the dragon breeds, that their rear wing (the wing at the back) looks bigger than the front one. I mentioned this because I think it somewhat relates to your issue.

Now we put the feathered wings apparel on the SD. If you look closer, you will realize:
1. I agree with you, the 'talon part' of the back wing, IMO, has the outside facing us. And feathered wings are on the inside of the wings, correct
2. some of the apparel's feathered 'tips' are longer than SD's actual wings (in parts, just look at your example where the front wing arches)
So what I see on the back wing is just that, some feathered from the apparel are longer and they stick out from under the actual wing, hence you're seeing what you're seeing.

It might just be the fact that because they want to show the back wing so they drew it bigger (as for a lot of the breeds that have side-way poses), it gives you the feeling that the apparel is sticking out more as well and looks like they are on the 'outside' when they just have some feathers sticking out from underneath.

That's how I see it, at least. ^^"
There's always a bit of 'wings size balance' issue with most of the dragon breeds, that their rear wing (the wing at the back) looks bigger than the front one. I mentioned this because I think it somewhat relates to your issue.

Now we put the feathered wings apparel on the SD. If you look closer, you will realize:
1. I agree with you, the 'talon part' of the back wing, IMO, has the outside facing us. And feathered wings are on the inside of the wings, correct
2. some of the apparel's feathered 'tips' are longer than SD's actual wings (in parts, just look at your example where the front wing arches)
So what I see on the back wing is just that, some feathered from the apparel are longer and they stick out from under the actual wing, hence you're seeing what you're seeing.

It might just be the fact that because they want to show the back wing so they drew it bigger (as for a lot of the breeds that have side-way poses), it gives you the feeling that the apparel is sticking out more as well and looks like they are on the 'outside' when they just have some feathers sticking out from underneath.

That's how I see it, at least. ^^"
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
@hat17
Oh you might be right. It does look a bit like what you said. Doesn't make it look any better but it might explain it :D
Thank you!
@hat17
Oh you might be right. It does look a bit like what you said. Doesn't make it look any better but it might explain it :D
Thank you!