Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | A few newbie questions.
I've seen some dragons labeled on the forums as XXY. Does this mean something specific on FR? Because I doubt that the dragons have Klinefelter syndrome.

Are starters/gen1s found in eggs more profitable as an egg or as a hatchling, in general? I know coloration probably plays a factor in pre-hatched eggs.

What is a good way to earn treasure as a casual player? I know there's a way to farm the coliseum, but I'm not particularly interested in it after realizing that I'm awful at it. I've also been trying to buy dragons cheaply and re-sell them for profit, but I'm running out of space and my little winged friends aren't selling very well at the moment. Is it safe to sell off spare hoard items or will they potentially have a purpose later?

Also this may sound silly, but is it a normal practice to add genes to a starting dragon after they've had a few... clutches? (litters?) The only problem I've foreseen with this is that I want to add genes to the offspring of theirs that I keep as well, since they're basic. It's looking to be... expensive.
I've seen some dragons labeled on the forums as XXY. Does this mean something specific on FR? Because I doubt that the dragons have Klinefelter syndrome.

Are starters/gen1s found in eggs more profitable as an egg or as a hatchling, in general? I know coloration probably plays a factor in pre-hatched eggs.

What is a good way to earn treasure as a casual player? I know there's a way to farm the coliseum, but I'm not particularly interested in it after realizing that I'm awful at it. I've also been trying to buy dragons cheaply and re-sell them for profit, but I'm running out of space and my little winged friends aren't selling very well at the moment. Is it safe to sell off spare hoard items or will they potentially have a purpose later?

Also this may sound silly, but is it a normal practice to add genes to a starting dragon after they've had a few... clutches? (litters?) The only problem I've foreseen with this is that I want to add genes to the offspring of theirs that I keep as well, since they're basic. It's looking to be... expensive.
@KnightHowl XXY means that two of the colours are the same c: So white/white/ice would be XXY.

For most dragons the egg is going to be more valuable than what comes out of it. Unless you get a really desirable colour scheme you probably won't make back what an egg costs by selling the gen 1 that comes out of it.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=gde&id=1165723&p=mb is a pretty useful guide for making money. And if you were interested in giving the coli another go http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=gde&id=1040710&p=mb is a brilliant guide for levelling your dragons :D
For now, materials and trinkets are only used in Swipp trades so it would be worth checking before hoard selling in case some are more valuable on the AH. There will be a crafting system in the distant future but no one knows much about it. It's up to you if you want to hoard your stuff or sell it now c:

A lot of people add genes to their dragons after they've had a few babies c: It's entirely up to you when you gene your dragons :D
@KnightHowl XXY means that two of the colours are the same c: So white/white/ice would be XXY.

For most dragons the egg is going to be more valuable than what comes out of it. Unless you get a really desirable colour scheme you probably won't make back what an egg costs by selling the gen 1 that comes out of it.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=gde&id=1165723&p=mb is a pretty useful guide for making money. And if you were interested in giving the coli another go http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=gde&id=1040710&p=mb is a brilliant guide for levelling your dragons :D
For now, materials and trinkets are only used in Swipp trades so it would be worth checking before hoard selling in case some are more valuable on the AH. There will be a crafting system in the distant future but no one knows much about it. It's up to you if you want to hoard your stuff or sell it now c:

A lot of people add genes to their dragons after they've had a few babies c: It's entirely up to you when you gene your dragons :D
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
Ah, all good to know. Thank you! :)
Ah, all good to know. Thank you! :)