Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Quick question
What are some ways to take my mind off of somebody who recently stabbed me in the back multiple times over the course of three weeks?

Cause I'm in need of something to do that. Like a friggin' brainwash or something, anything.
What are some ways to take my mind off of somebody who recently stabbed me in the back multiple times over the course of three weeks?

Cause I'm in need of something to do that. Like a friggin' brainwash or something, anything.
Wow, that's really tough. I hope you feel better soon.

I think the best thing is to keep your mind off it. I find that time really does heal, and the less you think about it, the better. Maybe playing this site will help?

Otherwise, reaching out to people is also good. If you have supportive friends and family, it would be great to talk to them.

If your family and friends aren't that supportive (sadly I feel like this sometimes myself), then maybe someone here has experienced something like that and can talk you through whatever it is. This seems like a really supportive community!
Wow, that's really tough. I hope you feel better soon.

I think the best thing is to keep your mind off it. I find that time really does heal, and the less you think about it, the better. Maybe playing this site will help?

Otherwise, reaching out to people is also good. If you have supportive friends and family, it would be great to talk to them.

If your family and friends aren't that supportive (sadly I feel like this sometimes myself), then maybe someone here has experienced something like that and can talk you through whatever it is. This seems like a really supportive community!
ice_rune_50x50.png
Thanks Noodler. Glad you could take the time to give you advice. ^_^

All of my friends have super busy Summers, I'd hate to disturb them. Anyways, most of them are already super annoyed by my constant 'yammering' about this 'friend'.

My parents do try to be supportive but they honestly aren't very good at it. :/

I guess I'll try to find somebody on here who's been through something like this. Thanks again, Noodler.
Thanks Noodler. Glad you could take the time to give you advice. ^_^

All of my friends have super busy Summers, I'd hate to disturb them. Anyways, most of them are already super annoyed by my constant 'yammering' about this 'friend'.

My parents do try to be supportive but they honestly aren't very good at it. :/

I guess I'll try to find somebody on here who's been through something like this. Thanks again, Noodler.
I distract myself by reading, playing video games or becoming obsessed with a new tv show. TV wise I'd recommend New Girl because the episodes are real short but it's soo addicting :3

Otherwise hanging out with other people who take your mind off them or talking to someone to vent your feelings usually helps me. Spilling your thoughts to someone usually takes your mind off the problem, so that you can (eventually) figure out how to deal with it, such as avoiding the person or having a talk with them and such.

Edit after seeing your second comment..
If your other friends are annoyed by the topic of the the constant struggle between the two of you, I'd say you two aren't the best of friends. Demote them to acquaintance and you'll probably be better off. I had a friend like that and the best decision i made was to cut them out of my life.
I distract myself by reading, playing video games or becoming obsessed with a new tv show. TV wise I'd recommend New Girl because the episodes are real short but it's soo addicting :3

Otherwise hanging out with other people who take your mind off them or talking to someone to vent your feelings usually helps me. Spilling your thoughts to someone usually takes your mind off the problem, so that you can (eventually) figure out how to deal with it, such as avoiding the person or having a talk with them and such.

Edit after seeing your second comment..
If your other friends are annoyed by the topic of the the constant struggle between the two of you, I'd say you two aren't the best of friends. Demote them to acquaintance and you'll probably be better off. I had a friend like that and the best decision i made was to cut them out of my life.
I do that too, reading, writing, and drawing. And playing Minecraft. But sometimes not even that works. I feel like I just need to make new friends and talk to old ones to take my mind off of this thing.

Thanks for your insight, Swiftla.
I do that too, reading, writing, and drawing. And playing Minecraft. But sometimes not even that works. I feel like I just need to make new friends and talk to old ones to take my mind off of this thing.

Thanks for your insight, Swiftla.
I mostly count on time to wash bad things away from me. For the person that did something to me I of course cut them out of my life or make myself not fun to be around if they wont leave. I've had that happened. Almost 6 years of someone clinging to me who constantly insulted me and put me down I couldn't get away from them. No fun.
Generally I like to find something fun to read that will get me engrossed to the point I really just forget about things that are going on. Sometimes I listen to music that reflects how I feel as it kind of helps me get rid of the emotions or I just draw what i'm feeling. Even if it's a horrible drawing haha

Just a week ago I got myself involved in extremely embarrassing situation which left me utterly mortified. I got over it by reading similar stories and experiences that other people had since there was no one I could talk to it about. I find that works just as well as talking to another person about it. Oh, I can't forget that I made it madly embarrassing for the other party who caused it the next day. ;)
Wish you best of luck in finding a good outlet.
I mostly count on time to wash bad things away from me. For the person that did something to me I of course cut them out of my life or make myself not fun to be around if they wont leave. I've had that happened. Almost 6 years of someone clinging to me who constantly insulted me and put me down I couldn't get away from them. No fun.
Generally I like to find something fun to read that will get me engrossed to the point I really just forget about things that are going on. Sometimes I listen to music that reflects how I feel as it kind of helps me get rid of the emotions or I just draw what i'm feeling. Even if it's a horrible drawing haha

Just a week ago I got myself involved in extremely embarrassing situation which left me utterly mortified. I got over it by reading similar stories and experiences that other people had since there was no one I could talk to it about. I find that works just as well as talking to another person about it. Oh, I can't forget that I made it madly embarrassing for the other party who caused it the next day. ;)
Wish you best of luck in finding a good outlet.
banner_by_scarlit_of_aurora-d68nxtf.png
There's always tons of people on here that are always happy to talk and make friends (I'm one of them ;D).

I haven't been through exactly the same thing but I have quite bad depression which has ended up with me isolating a lot of my friends who now aren't really interested in speaking to me anymore. So when I feel really crap I have to find productive ways to distract myself. Although I also enjoy stuff like reading/films etc, I actually find that finding something goal orientated is a much better distraction (so for example, things like video games or even here!!)

The other day I felt absolutely awful and was really struggling with things. Rather than force myself into a mindless activity like watching a movie or wallowing in my feelings, I decided to come on here! After going through the forums I found myself a little project to work on - working towards improving my dragons, breeding, etc - and from that I got completely sucked into playing games, going in the coliseum, selling my products, researching things and most of all participating in forum discussions! Since I joined the site I've felt a lot happier in terms of my communication with people and feel less isolated because there are always people about I've struck up conversations with!
There's always tons of people on here that are always happy to talk and make friends (I'm one of them ;D).

I haven't been through exactly the same thing but I have quite bad depression which has ended up with me isolating a lot of my friends who now aren't really interested in speaking to me anymore. So when I feel really crap I have to find productive ways to distract myself. Although I also enjoy stuff like reading/films etc, I actually find that finding something goal orientated is a much better distraction (so for example, things like video games or even here!!)

The other day I felt absolutely awful and was really struggling with things. Rather than force myself into a mindless activity like watching a movie or wallowing in my feelings, I decided to come on here! After going through the forums I found myself a little project to work on - working towards improving my dragons, breeding, etc - and from that I got completely sucked into playing games, going in the coliseum, selling my products, researching things and most of all participating in forum discussions! Since I joined the site I've felt a lot happier in terms of my communication with people and feel less isolated because there are always people about I've struck up conversations with!
2rho32f.jpg
signature by Latias
Thanks, Scarlit. :)
I tend to do all those things to lift my spirit...but right now, I don't think I need it anymore. Everybody's been so helpful towards me that I'm starting to feel happy again.

Thanks everybody...I feel kinda better now.

Edit: Thanks to you too. :)
Thanks, Scarlit. :)
I tend to do all those things to lift my spirit...but right now, I don't think I need it anymore. Everybody's been so helpful towards me that I'm starting to feel happy again.

Thanks everybody...I feel kinda better now.

Edit: Thanks to you too. :)