Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Skyrim (and other TES games)
1 2 3 4 5
This is a thread to discuss Skyrim, the Elder Scrolls series, lore and its other games.

If you came here and have no idea what I'm talking about:
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is an action role-playing open world video game developed by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. It is the fifth installment in The Elder Scrolls action role-playing video game series, following The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. (ps. it has dragons)
source: Wikipedia

I was introduced to the TES series when I started Skyrim on PS3, later I took to playing Oblivion. I haven't had time to play in ages, but my game clocks about 160+h and I still haven't finished the main quest in Skyrim. Too much butterflies to collect! XD
I have the Dragonborn DLC, liked it very much. My character is a male khajiit archer/warrior Stormcloak sympathizer (how logical!) called J'haar.

How about you? Feel free to intruduce your character or say whatever you want to say about the game(s). :)
This is a thread to discuss Skyrim, the Elder Scrolls series, lore and its other games.

If you came here and have no idea what I'm talking about:
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is an action role-playing open world video game developed by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. It is the fifth installment in The Elder Scrolls action role-playing video game series, following The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. (ps. it has dragons)
source: Wikipedia

I was introduced to the TES series when I started Skyrim on PS3, later I took to playing Oblivion. I haven't had time to play in ages, but my game clocks about 160+h and I still haven't finished the main quest in Skyrim. Too much butterflies to collect! XD
I have the Dragonborn DLC, liked it very much. My character is a male khajiit archer/warrior Stormcloak sympathizer (how logical!) called J'haar.

How about you? Feel free to intruduce your character or say whatever you want to say about the game(s). :)
.: the endless flight :.
.: FR nuzlocke story blog :.
also available on the forums here

DESPERATELY LF WC or COATL jade/tangerine shim/white-maize-ice OR CLOSE
Oh, man! THE BEST THING. I started back with Morrowind, and I love the progress they've made with everything thus far. The professions I primarily stick with always have something that involves archery and sneak. Assassin/agent types. I'm steal err'thang.
The character that I'm most attached to out of all of my TES save files has gotta' be my Dunmer, Idrilith. Former Morag Tong assassin on the run for preaching that the Night Mother and Mephala are the same entity. Skooma and Daedra enthusiast. Pretty cryptic figure who does a lot of mumbling and frowning.
I didn't choose the n'wah life. The n'wah life chose me.
Oh, man! THE BEST THING. I started back with Morrowind, and I love the progress they've made with everything thus far. The professions I primarily stick with always have something that involves archery and sneak. Assassin/agent types. I'm steal err'thang.
The character that I'm most attached to out of all of my TES save files has gotta' be my Dunmer, Idrilith. Former Morag Tong assassin on the run for preaching that the Night Mother and Mephala are the same entity. Skooma and Daedra enthusiast. Pretty cryptic figure who does a lot of mumbling and frowning.
I didn't choose the n'wah life. The n'wah life chose me.
wzk.png
Maybe I give Skyrim a try. Soon.
But first I must finish Daggerfall, now that I did Arena. It's kinda... frustrating, yes!
Maybe I give Skyrim a try. Soon.
But first I must finish Daggerfall, now that I did Arena. It's kinda... frustrating, yes!
You have an Elder Scrolls veteran right here. I played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. Still have to beat Daggerfall and Arena but this is more difficult than I imagined.
Well I have spend at least... dunno... more than 500 houres in Tamriel and I enjoied every minute.
You have an Elder Scrolls veteran right here. I played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. Still have to beat Daggerfall and Arena but this is more difficult than I imagined.
Well I have spend at least... dunno... more than 500 houres in Tamriel and I enjoied every minute.
Free in mind and true in heart... A long journey awaits me.
Eh, I feel like a noob starting from Skyrim. I remember wanting to play Oblivion as a kid, when I saw a review in a gaming magazine. Because khajiit were so cool. :D

@SnekTentacles, what a backstory! Do you RP your characters while plahying? I've heard Morrowind has quite complicated RPG elements (siding with the families affects how NPCs react etc). I wish Skyrim had some. It really eats the immersion when all I can get out of a guard is "I used to be an adventurer like you..."

The graphics and visuals in general compensate at least a bit. I've heard some complain about the grey, barren environment because it's not a typical fantasy world. I found it very cool!
Eh, I feel like a noob starting from Skyrim. I remember wanting to play Oblivion as a kid, when I saw a review in a gaming magazine. Because khajiit were so cool. :D

@SnekTentacles, what a backstory! Do you RP your characters while plahying? I've heard Morrowind has quite complicated RPG elements (siding with the families affects how NPCs react etc). I wish Skyrim had some. It really eats the immersion when all I can get out of a guard is "I used to be an adventurer like you..."

The graphics and visuals in general compensate at least a bit. I've heard some complain about the grey, barren environment because it's not a typical fantasy world. I found it very cool!

@Sulka
Thank you kindly! I have a few minor head canons while I run around playing, just to kinda' figure out how Idrilith reacts to certain persons, places, and things. I've RP'd her a few times with a friend via instant messaging, and it was definitely a fun time!
I think the thing that appeals to me the most about the TES environments is the variety of aesthetic that it appeals to. It's a harsh world, and the scenery reflects it! I mean... At least in Morrowind it does. XD
@Sulka
Thank you kindly! I have a few minor head canons while I run around playing, just to kinda' figure out how Idrilith reacts to certain persons, places, and things. I've RP'd her a few times with a friend via instant messaging, and it was definitely a fun time!
I think the thing that appeals to me the most about the TES environments is the variety of aesthetic that it appeals to. It's a harsh world, and the scenery reflects it! I mean... At least in Morrowind it does. XD
wzk.png
I LOVE Skyrim!

My character is a male Khajiit called Rakharo. He's an archer and a thief :)
I LOVE Skyrim!

My character is a male Khajiit called Rakharo. He's an archer and a thief :)
I played Morrowind first, and still enjoy it from time to time, as well as Oblivion. I've only played through Skyrim once, but do plan on getting the Dragonborn DLC whenever I feel like Xboxing again. Or saving up and just getting it all on Steam. >.> It's a very engaging series though, and I often spend time reading the lore of Tamriel, either in-game or on the UESP wiki. X3

I primarily play beast races, Argonian and Khajit, and tend to make custom classes using long blades and sneak skills, with some Alchemical mucking. I loves me some alchemy and lock-picking. ALL THE LOOTS. Though I'm a little peeved that all potions are a uniform 0.5 weight when they had variation in Morrowind. T.T

My brother and I made a couple characters and had an idea for a comic about their zany antics, "The Adventures of Lumpy the Argonian and ToastKitty". Heck yeah.
I played Morrowind first, and still enjoy it from time to time, as well as Oblivion. I've only played through Skyrim once, but do plan on getting the Dragonborn DLC whenever I feel like Xboxing again. Or saving up and just getting it all on Steam. >.> It's a very engaging series though, and I often spend time reading the lore of Tamriel, either in-game or on the UESP wiki. X3

I primarily play beast races, Argonian and Khajit, and tend to make custom classes using long blades and sneak skills, with some Alchemical mucking. I loves me some alchemy and lock-picking. ALL THE LOOTS. Though I'm a little peeved that all potions are a uniform 0.5 weight when they had variation in Morrowind. T.T

My brother and I made a couple characters and had an idea for a comic about their zany antics, "The Adventures of Lumpy the Argonian and ToastKitty". Heck yeah.
33ueat0.png
I have 267 hours on Steam, and before getting Skyrim on PC, I had it on Xbox...

I've also played Oblivion, but sadly never got my hands on Morrowind.

For zeeee Eeeeeeeempire.
I have 267 hours on Steam, and before getting Skyrim on PC, I had it on Xbox...

I've also played Oblivion, but sadly never got my hands on Morrowind.

For zeeee Eeeeeeeempire.
I need Twenty Good Men(tm)
@snektentacles welcome. Skyrim does too. The tundra looks pretty accurate to me. I love the mammoths and giants roaming there, and all the rolling hills and mountains :d

I would like to RP a character more, like give him/her more of a fixed personality and make in-game choices according to that. Now I just play and choose whatever I happen to feel like. It's not like it makes a difference in-game, but it would be fun to try. I'm too lazy to start anew. XD

ah yeas alchemy rocks! Whenever I buy a house I have one room full of all kinds of alchemy ingredients. I often get overencumbered because of collecting every flower and giant's toe that I come across on my journeys...

btw; a brilliant song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roGV0O4JFwM&feature=share&list=FLp4jQdMUk_0Nh34znMRKStA
@snektentacles welcome. Skyrim does too. The tundra looks pretty accurate to me. I love the mammoths and giants roaming there, and all the rolling hills and mountains :d

I would like to RP a character more, like give him/her more of a fixed personality and make in-game choices according to that. Now I just play and choose whatever I happen to feel like. It's not like it makes a difference in-game, but it would be fun to try. I'm too lazy to start anew. XD

ah yeas alchemy rocks! Whenever I buy a house I have one room full of all kinds of alchemy ingredients. I often get overencumbered because of collecting every flower and giant's toe that I come across on my journeys...

btw; a brilliant song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roGV0O4JFwM&feature=share&list=FLp4jQdMUk_0Nh34znMRKStA

1 2 3 4 5