Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any fans of Tales series?
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page
I saw the SMT thread, so it got me wondering, are there any fans of the Tales series? It's not too popular in America so I only have like..one person to dork out over it with Q_Q (My brother)

I&#039;ve played Phantasia (SNES), Symphonia (GC), Abyss, Vesperia, and in the middle of Innocence...although I need to start from scratch since it&#039;s been so long. I really want to play Eternia/Destiny since my friend got me a Lion nendoroid(is that what they&#039;re called lol) from when she went to AX. Got me one of Lloyd with a lemon gummi when she was in japan <3
I saw the SMT thread, so it got me wondering, are there any fans of the Tales series? It&#039;s not too popular in America so I only have like..one person to dork out over it with Q_Q (My brother)

I&#039;ve played Phantasia (SNES), Symphonia (GC), Abyss, Vesperia, and in the middle of Innocence...although I need to start from scratch since it&#039;s been so long. I really want to play Eternia/Destiny since my friend got me a Lion nendoroid(is that what they&#039;re called lol) from when she went to AX. Got me one of Lloyd with a lemon gummi when she was in japan <3
Oooh, I love Tales! ;u; Though I confess that the only Tales game I&#039;ve ever completed was Symphonia 2 -- though I have watched my sister play through a lot of Graces F and I&#039;m currently working through Abyss. I&#039;ve also got the special collector&#039;s edition of Xillia reserved and I can&#039;t wait to receive it!
Oooh, I love Tales! ;u; Though I confess that the only Tales game I&#039;ve ever completed was Symphonia 2 -- though I have watched my sister play through a lot of Graces F and I&#039;m currently working through Abyss. I&#039;ve also got the special collector&#039;s edition of Xillia reserved and I can&#039;t wait to receive it!
Kb2kQtJ.png hMFs5eY.png
I have enjoyed the Tales series, but admittedly haven&#039;t played many of them(or at least, enough of them to be sure I can call myself a fan..?), so sorry that I probably won&#039;t add much to any conversation.

The first one I ever tried was Tales of Symphonia and I remember so much about the game even now. So amazing. Uhm... I tried Dawn of the New World for the Wii (which I still don&#039;t think counts as a valid &#039;sequel&#039; for Symphonia, but I digress...) and it was kinda fun. I think I stopped playing when I had trouble trying to recruit new monsters so I didn&#039;t &#039;evolve&#039; and restart the same monsters over and over pretty much. I heard Vesperia was good, but don&#039;t have an Xbox... if that&#039;s the right one. I also played some of Abyss and Tales of Graces F. I am curious about Xillia that will be coming out in August but probably won&#039;t be able to get it for a while. I&#039;m surprised that even before Xillia comes out they confirm that Xillia 2 will be coming sometimes next year.

Wasn&#039;t Innocence for the DS and it never came stateside..?
I have enjoyed the Tales series, but admittedly haven&#039;t played many of them(or at least, enough of them to be sure I can call myself a fan..?), so sorry that I probably won&#039;t add much to any conversation.

The first one I ever tried was Tales of Symphonia and I remember so much about the game even now. So amazing. Uhm... I tried Dawn of the New World for the Wii (which I still don&#039;t think counts as a valid &#039;sequel&#039; for Symphonia, but I digress...) and it was kinda fun. I think I stopped playing when I had trouble trying to recruit new monsters so I didn&#039;t &#039;evolve&#039; and restart the same monsters over and over pretty much. I heard Vesperia was good, but don&#039;t have an Xbox... if that&#039;s the right one. I also played some of Abyss and Tales of Graces F. I am curious about Xillia that will be coming out in August but probably won&#039;t be able to get it for a while. I&#039;m surprised that even before Xillia comes out they confirm that Xillia 2 will be coming sometimes next year.

Wasn&#039;t Innocence for the DS and it never came stateside..?
lol I&#039;d wanted to play the original Graces, but we don&#039;t have the system :C Only got PS2 and a 360

Hahaha I love Abyss. One of my friends was playing the 3DS version the last time I talked to him, he was nolifing it and got to the mid-game boss fight, was freaking out because he thought he was done, and raged like hell when he found out he wasn&#039;t done.

I watched some Artes exhibition from Xillia but I wasn&#039;t sure how much I&#039;d want to play it, tbh ; ; I do wish I had the system to play Twin Brave.

Yeah, Innocence and I think Tempest/Hearts are all JP-only as far as I know, but Innocence had a ROM.

I completely forgot about it when I made the OP but I stopped mid-way through Legendia too lol. Couldn&#039;t make myself finish it.
lol I&#039;d wanted to play the original Graces, but we don&#039;t have the system :C Only got PS2 and a 360

Hahaha I love Abyss. One of my friends was playing the 3DS version the last time I talked to him, he was nolifing it and got to the mid-game boss fight, was freaking out because he thought he was done, and raged like hell when he found out he wasn&#039;t done.

I watched some Artes exhibition from Xillia but I wasn&#039;t sure how much I&#039;d want to play it, tbh ; ; I do wish I had the system to play Twin Brave.

Yeah, Innocence and I think Tempest/Hearts are all JP-only as far as I know, but Innocence had a ROM.

I completely forgot about it when I made the OP but I stopped mid-way through Legendia too lol. Couldn&#039;t make myself finish it.
Was he raging because it was hard or because he thought it was the end of the game and it wasn&#039;t..?

I mostly like Xillia so far because you can pick two different characters and see the story from a different perspective. And different battle styles I guess. Even though you had the option to switch to the other characters, I always stuck with the main guy since they never... left the party like some others would. The one Symphonia part where the party had to split was hard enough since the other team without Lloyd... would suddenly get one really crappy character in the party, heh.

Ahh, I see... I wished Innocence came out here officially so bad... even if there is a ROM I don&#039;t think my laptop would be good enough for it just to see what it&#039;s like. Also it feels awkward with ROMs to me...
Was he raging because it was hard or because he thought it was the end of the game and it wasn&#039;t..?

I mostly like Xillia so far because you can pick two different characters and see the story from a different perspective. And different battle styles I guess. Even though you had the option to switch to the other characters, I always stuck with the main guy since they never... left the party like some others would. The one Symphonia part where the party had to split was hard enough since the other team without Lloyd... would suddenly get one really crappy character in the party, heh.

Ahh, I see... I wished Innocence came out here officially so bad... even if there is a ROM I don&#039;t think my laptop would be good enough for it just to see what it&#039;s like. Also it feels awkward with ROMs to me...
I remember this one friend I have who&#039;s a really huge Tales fan linked me to the Innocence rom and English patch, but I never actually got to downloading them and playing the game. xD

@Hyung Aw man, that sucks :c Graces is pretty cool, but since I only watched my sister play some of the time I can&#039;t make head or tails of the story. @_@ She tried to explain it to me on multiple occasions but that only served to confuse me even more, lol.

I thought Xillia looked pretty awesome, myself! At least, in a these-characters-are-really-attractive-god-damn sorta way, but I&#039;m also hoping that the story will be interesting. |D I&#039;ve done a pretty good job avoiding spoilers so far, so I guess I&#039;ll just have to see.
I remember this one friend I have who&#039;s a really huge Tales fan linked me to the Innocence rom and English patch, but I never actually got to downloading them and playing the game. xD

@Hyung Aw man, that sucks :c Graces is pretty cool, but since I only watched my sister play some of the time I can&#039;t make head or tails of the story. @_@ She tried to explain it to me on multiple occasions but that only served to confuse me even more, lol.

I thought Xillia looked pretty awesome, myself! At least, in a these-characters-are-really-attractive-god-damn sorta way, but I&#039;m also hoping that the story will be interesting. |D I&#039;ve done a pretty good job avoiding spoilers so far, so I guess I&#039;ll just have to see.
Kb2kQtJ.png hMFs5eY.png
Lol He though it was the end of the game and was asking me why it was so easy. Basically it was -
"BD, I&#039;m at [boss] in [location]"
"Okay"
"I BEAT HIM! But he was really easy. I guess I&#039;ll have to find another game now."
"......" <--At the time I was trying REALLY hard not to burst out laughing in the skype call
Two minutes later
"WHAT. NOOOO I THOUGHT I WAS DONE. WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE&#039;S STILL MORE"

Oh god. The part in Symphonia with the split. I know exactly what you&#039;re talking about. Since the system/game were lent to me by my friend, my brother let me pilot (Normally when we play Tales together he&#039;s the pilot. In Abyss I used Jade since he&#039;s my fav char LOL and in Vesp I settled for Rita) so I always used Lloyd. Tbh when I couldn&#039;t or didn&#039;t use Lloyd I used Presea. She is SO friggin BA lol. My brother said he was thinking about getting Xilla when he could, but if he does I&#039;d probably ask if I can use Jude and let him use Millia/a diff char. Since I played part of Legendia I got (sort of) used to using Senel and between the two of us I play mage/fist fighters easier than he does.

Lol ikr :c I have an acekard for my DS but ugh. Maybe it&#039;s just the screen setup, the entire menu is on the touch screen and the actual battle screen is on the top one so it kind of threw me off. I mean, I only used Spada either way, but I was sad that they removed the co-op play from that rom for translating purposes.
Lol He though it was the end of the game and was asking me why it was so easy. Basically it was -
"BD, I&#039;m at [boss] in [location]"
"Okay"
"I BEAT HIM! But he was really easy. I guess I&#039;ll have to find another game now."
"......" <--At the time I was trying REALLY hard not to burst out laughing in the skype call
Two minutes later
"WHAT. NOOOO I THOUGHT I WAS DONE. WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE&#039;S STILL MORE"

Oh god. The part in Symphonia with the split. I know exactly what you&#039;re talking about. Since the system/game were lent to me by my friend, my brother let me pilot (Normally when we play Tales together he&#039;s the pilot. In Abyss I used Jade since he&#039;s my fav char LOL and in Vesp I settled for Rita) so I always used Lloyd. Tbh when I couldn&#039;t or didn&#039;t use Lloyd I used Presea. She is SO friggin BA lol. My brother said he was thinking about getting Xilla when he could, but if he does I&#039;d probably ask if I can use Jude and let him use Millia/a diff char. Since I played part of Legendia I got (sort of) used to using Senel and between the two of us I play mage/fist fighters easier than he does.

Lol ikr :c I have an acekard for my DS but ugh. Maybe it&#039;s just the screen setup, the entire menu is on the touch screen and the actual battle screen is on the top one so it kind of threw me off. I mean, I only used Spada either way, but I was sad that they removed the co-op play from that rom for translating purposes.
I love the Tales series and I&#039;ve played quite a few of them. Right now I&#039;m working on finishing up Xillia 2 before Xillia comes out.

ToX is a really good game, though if you take Milla&#039;s path first you&#039;ll miss out on some major events and character development. I only wish it had more in-game costumes since you only get four and two of them are a pain to get.
I love the Tales series and I&#039;ve played quite a few of them. Right now I&#039;m working on finishing up Xillia 2 before Xillia comes out.

ToX is a really good game, though if you take Milla&#039;s path first you&#039;ll miss out on some major events and character development. I only wish it had more in-game costumes since you only get four and two of them are a pain to get.
Personally, I&#039;ve only ever played Abyss and Symphonia.

Symphonia is still one of my favorites games of all time.
Personally, I&#039;ve only ever played Abyss and Symphonia.

Symphonia is still one of my favorites games of all time.
I quite like Tales Of! Haven&#039;t gotten to play many of the games though :c
I quite like Tales Of! Haven&#039;t gotten to play many of the games though :c
DeviantArt | Art Thread | Art Blog
Yo, I am a dude from the UK, 8 hours ahead of server time! Desperately looking for a Skycat.
My favourite animals are cats, deer, octopus, jellyfish and squids.
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page