Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Visual Storytelling aka Comics!
@firewarrior
Smooth. Dig it.

Also you're right how could I have forgotten?? Along with Preacher no less..
@firewarrior
Smooth. Dig it.

Also you're right how could I have forgotten?? Along with Preacher no less..
Easy Access Tabs:
Elites | Vanguard | Originals | Fandom
Dispatch
QtezsCP.png
@PencilCat
aw god, HINABN... I miss that webcomic so much. I loved Worth and Lamont and guhhhh. I even made fancharacters for it >> So upset...

Webcomics, I also read MA3 (very NSFW though c: ) and Goblins... And I'm totally still into Naruto, too. I've not caught up with it in a long loooooong while, but it holds a special, guilty pleasure place in my heart >> And I also like Go Get A Roomie!, even if Roomie annoys the hell out of me. I've also taken a like to Fragile, a wee romance webcomic. it's cute though :3
@PencilCat
aw god, HINABN... I miss that webcomic so much. I loved Worth and Lamont and guhhhh. I even made fancharacters for it >> So upset...

Webcomics, I also read MA3 (very NSFW though c: ) and Goblins... And I'm totally still into Naruto, too. I've not caught up with it in a long loooooong while, but it holds a special, guilty pleasure place in my heart >> And I also like Go Get A Roomie!, even if Roomie annoys the hell out of me. I've also taken a like to Fragile, a wee romance webcomic. it's cute though :3
tumblr_nibggpvO0R1u8a5jso2_1280.png
When it comes to webcomics I always feel like I only read these more obscure, underloved comics, and never really get into any of the more popular ones? I guess it doesn't help that I'm not really into humor based comics, and prefer more serious dramas and things that focus on character interactions.

A few a really like lately are:
http://www.biblecomic.net/ - Kind of on hiatus, but setting up to be some really good character driven stuff.
http://spiddrelli.net/ (Flash+sound warning) - Animated!
http://www.skindeepcomic.com/
http://famib.com/index.php
http://www.nofna.com/

When it comes to webcomics I always feel like I only read these more obscure, underloved comics, and never really get into any of the more popular ones? I guess it doesn't help that I'm not really into humor based comics, and prefer more serious dramas and things that focus on character interactions.

A few a really like lately are:
http://www.biblecomic.net/ - Kind of on hiatus, but setting up to be some really good character driven stuff.
http://spiddrelli.net/ (Flash+sound warning) - Animated!
http://www.skindeepcomic.com/
http://famib.com/index.php
http://www.nofna.com/

Asis - Fantasy webcomic
Like Wardraw, I'm really into Warren Ellis especially Fell, Transmetropolitan, and Nextwave.
I also really enjoy Witch Hunter for its lovecraftian feel and sciency magic.

Sandman was my FAVORITE thing when I was a youngster and it's still one of my very favorites. Neil Gaiman is a wonderful story teller.

For webcomics: TJ and Amal, and Inhuman Nextus (though I'm SO far behind on this it's not even funny).

For Asian comics: Rebirth and anything by Junji Ito. P:
Like Wardraw, I'm really into Warren Ellis especially Fell, Transmetropolitan, and Nextwave.
I also really enjoy Witch Hunter for its lovecraftian feel and sciency magic.

Sandman was my FAVORITE thing when I was a youngster and it's still one of my very favorites. Neil Gaiman is a wonderful story teller.

For webcomics: TJ and Amal, and Inhuman Nextus (though I'm SO far behind on this it's not even funny).

For Asian comics: Rebirth and anything by Junji Ito. P:
tumblr_mx61gfeTCn1stf69to1_100.giftumblr_mx61gfeTCn1stf69to2_100.gif
I read mostly webcomics, and while I used to read manga, I don't really have the time (or money) to do so much anymore.
- Digger
- Vattu
- Ellie Starling's Very Long Walk
- Myst: The Book of Atrus (yes, the artist is turning the novel into a webcomic, and doing a fantastic job so far)
- Monster Pulse
- Gunnerkrigg Court

to name a few.

Oh, and I absolutely adore the Natsume Yuujinchou/Natsume's Book of Friends manga. It was turned into a 4-season anime. So many feels.
I read mostly webcomics, and while I used to read manga, I don't really have the time (or money) to do so much anymore.
- Digger
- Vattu
- Ellie Starling's Very Long Walk
- Myst: The Book of Atrus (yes, the artist is turning the novel into a webcomic, and doing a fantastic job so far)
- Monster Pulse
- Gunnerkrigg Court

to name a few.

Oh, and I absolutely adore the Natsume Yuujinchou/Natsume's Book of Friends manga. It was turned into a 4-season anime. So many feels.
lighth7.png
Ah, people who draw their own webcomics~*~ Beautiful! I tried to start one myself last year, but only got to the end of chapter one (40 or so pages) before I got aggravated with the art. I'm considering going back and smoothing over the pages a bit, then picking it up and trying again, but I'm having a hard time finding the motivation for it.

It's hard to do so much work and not be able to show someone, you know? (I'm in the same boat as you, @Winterseele , and wanted a nice strong buffer of around 100 pages or so before I actually started putting it up online)
Ah, people who draw their own webcomics~*~ Beautiful! I tried to start one myself last year, but only got to the end of chapter one (40 or so pages) before I got aggravated with the art. I'm considering going back and smoothing over the pages a bit, then picking it up and trying again, but I'm having a hard time finding the motivation for it.

It's hard to do so much work and not be able to show someone, you know? (I'm in the same boat as you, @Winterseele , and wanted a nice strong buffer of around 100 pages or so before I actually started putting it up online)
001F_Custom.png
If anyone's open to sharing or looking for con crit, I'd be happy to have a look at anyone's self-made comics! :)
If anyone's open to sharing or looking for con crit, I'd be happy to have a look at anyone's self-made comics! :)
Easy Access Tabs:
Elites | Vanguard | Originals | Fandom
Dispatch
QtezsCP.png
I've recently picked up Deadpool, because I found what I'd heard about his character compelling. I've never been a big fan of American comic because of the bodytypes (why do the men all look like they ate a buffalo for breakfast? jegus), so I enjoy the movies more, just because the people look more like ACTUAL people.

I've been a big fan of manga over the years, although the only ones I'm currently keeping up on are Natsume Yuujinchou and Kuroshitsuji. Inuyasha will always hold a special place in my heart as my gateway anime/manga.

There are several webcomics I follow, including MSPA and Cyanide and Happiness.
I've recently picked up Deadpool, because I found what I'd heard about his character compelling. I've never been a big fan of American comic because of the bodytypes (why do the men all look like they ate a buffalo for breakfast? jegus), so I enjoy the movies more, just because the people look more like ACTUAL people.

I've been a big fan of manga over the years, although the only ones I'm currently keeping up on are Natsume Yuujinchou and Kuroshitsuji. Inuyasha will always hold a special place in my heart as my gateway anime/manga.

There are several webcomics I follow, including MSPA and Cyanide and Happiness.
7508242.png
[quote name="Oce" date="2013-06-11 23:11:01" url="main.php?p=mb&board=gend&page=2&id=38840#48599"]Ah, people who draw their own webcomics~*~ Beautiful! I tried to start one myself last year, but only got to the end of chapter one (40 or so pages) before I got aggravated with the art. I'm considering going back and smoothing over the pages a bit, then picking it up and trying again, but I'm having a hard time finding the motivation for it. It's hard to do so much work and not be able to show someone, you know? (I'm in the same boat as you, @Winterseele , and wanted a nice strong buffer of around 100 pages or so before I actually started putting it up online)[/quote] Sometimes the hardest part of comics is forging onward! I've seen several of my friends and read several comics that just ended in a neverending loop of redoing pages. One webcomic I read restarted three times and never got past chapter 1. My suggestion is: sketch out your pages first(if you need motivation, NaNoMango is a good time to do it, it's the comic version of NaNoWriMo). Ask for crit to try to fix mistakes before you commit to finishing the page. And if that still doesn't help, keep making new pages and slowly fix the old ones in your free time. There are some forums where you can get crit without showing the general masses, like fantasycomicportal.com

Sometimes the hardest part of comics is forging onward! I've seen several of my friends and read several comics that just ended in a neverending loop of redoing pages. One webcomic I read restarted three times and never got past chapter 1.

My suggestion is: sketch out your pages first(if you need motivation, NaNoMango is a good time to do it, it's the comic version of NaNoWriMo). Ask for crit to try to fix mistakes before you commit to finishing the page. And if that still doesn't help, keep making new pages and slowly fix the old ones in your free time. There are some forums where you can get crit without showing the general masses, like fantasycomicportal.com
Ahh, comics... my bread and butter. I'm terrible at it, but I've been (incredibly slowly) working on one of my own for a few years now.

I read quite a few webcomics, but The Phoenix Requiem was one of the first to really catch my eye - really gorgeous art.
Right now I'm enjoying Plume, Monster Pulse, Kiwi Blitz, Strays, Minor Acts of Heroism, Lackadaisy, and I can't recommend Ley Lines enough. The sheer amount of world-building that went into the Ley Lines world is completely brilliant, and the characters absolutely match it. It's the kind of comic that inspires me to work harder on my own story.
And for Pokemon fans, Mokepon. >w<

As for print comics... Sandman, of course, and Calvin and Hobbes. Haha talk about a difference...
I also really enjoy Ghostopolis by Doug TenNapel and Amulet by Kazu Kibuishi.
And say what you will about the many ridiculous story arcs of Jean Grey, but I love my trade paperback copy of X-Men: Inferno. I discovered it when I was 12 and still love it. Days of Future Past is pretty sweet, too. >w<

I&#039;m going to need to take a gander at some of the comics listed here, I think - there&#039;s always room for more in my bookmarks! =D
Ahh, comics... my bread and butter. I&#039;m terrible at it, but I&#039;ve been (incredibly slowly) working on one of my own for a few years now.

I read quite a few webcomics, but The Phoenix Requiem was one of the first to really catch my eye - really gorgeous art.
Right now I&#039;m enjoying Plume, Monster Pulse, Kiwi Blitz, Strays, Minor Acts of Heroism, Lackadaisy, and I can&#039;t recommend Ley Lines enough. The sheer amount of world-building that went into the Ley Lines world is completely brilliant, and the characters absolutely match it. It&#039;s the kind of comic that inspires me to work harder on my own story.
And for Pokemon fans, Mokepon. >w<

As for print comics... Sandman, of course, and Calvin and Hobbes. Haha talk about a difference...
I also really enjoy Ghostopolis by Doug TenNapel and Amulet by Kazu Kibuishi.
And say what you will about the many ridiculous story arcs of Jean Grey, but I love my trade paperback copy of X-Men: Inferno. I discovered it when I was 12 and still love it. Days of Future Past is pretty sweet, too. >w<

I&#039;m going to need to take a gander at some of the comics listed here, I think - there&#039;s always room for more in my bookmarks! =D