Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Looking for Sci-fi/Fantasy Show Reccs
1 2
Since you like Kipo, Hilda, Steven Universe, and Gravity Falls. Then I highly recommend Owl House, Infinity Train, Bee and Puppy Cat, and Dead End: Paranormal Park. There's a few others I think you'd probably like but I can't remember their names off the top of my head.
Since you like Kipo, Hilda, Steven Universe, and Gravity Falls. Then I highly recommend Owl House, Infinity Train, Bee and Puppy Cat, and Dead End: Paranormal Park. There's a few others I think you'd probably like but I can't remember their names off the top of my head.
I second watching the Netflix Lost in Space show. Bloody brilliant in all ways and it owns my heart.

La Brea is an interesting sci-fi show it has three seasons but I’ve only seen two (I wasn’t a huge fan of the season 2 finale but I adore the characters so much that I am going to see if maybe the third is better than the mess I think it’s going to be).

Someone else mentioned Centaurworld and I def second that recommendation too. I wasn’t a huge fan of the animation style of the centaur bits but the story is soooooo good.

Jurassic Park Camp Cretaceous is amazing too! It has wlw instead of mlm but if you like the dinosaur sci-fi you’ll love it.
I second watching the Netflix Lost in Space show. Bloody brilliant in all ways and it owns my heart.

La Brea is an interesting sci-fi show it has three seasons but I’ve only seen two (I wasn’t a huge fan of the season 2 finale but I adore the characters so much that I am going to see if maybe the third is better than the mess I think it’s going to be).

Someone else mentioned Centaurworld and I def second that recommendation too. I wasn’t a huge fan of the animation style of the centaur bits but the story is soooooo good.

Jurassic Park Camp Cretaceous is amazing too! It has wlw instead of mlm but if you like the dinosaur sci-fi you’ll love it.
tyEuRXe.png
8GgdVkW.png
PRdYFXl.png
4SVfFPD.png

sQECp2x.png
FRfJxsw.png
YMPbu9R.png
If you like gravity falls I'm like 90% sure you'll like the owl house. It's like gravity falls but replace sci-fi with fantasy

I'd recommend more but nothing is coming from the top of my head atm
If you like gravity falls I'm like 90% sure you'll like the owl house. It's like gravity falls but replace sci-fi with fantasy

I'd recommend more but nothing is coming from the top of my head atm
LEpJMnn.png
J8QoPxT.png
CtM8cLF.png tqGkHih.png
5DjYECS.png
I know someone already mentioned it, but Doctor Who is great. It's not always purely sci-fi, despite the space adventures, and each era has a slightly different vibe. There are dark moments, but the show overall stays pretty optimistic.
New Who has had canon queer characters right from the start in 2005 (pansexual man Jack Harkness being the most obvious early example), and the classic series has lots of gay subtext (the Doctor and the Master starting in the stories from the early 70s, the Doctor and Jamie in the 60s, Ace and her girlfriends in the 80s, etc). My favourite stories tend to be older ones from the 70s and 80s, but all the show's eras have their merits. If you don't like a certain season or Doctor, you can just skip around and try a different one. The easiest jumping-on point might be the beginning of the 2005 series, but if you have the patience for it the classic series is wonderful (just pick whatever Doctor's vibe you like best and start there). The classic series is serialised - each story is broken up into 25 minute episodes. New Who uses the modern standard of 45 minute stories.

I'm not very far into it yet, but Farscape is quite fun. It's a campy 90s sci-fi show with lots of cool practical effects, fun characters. It reminds me a bit of Star Wars in terms of setting, but feels more like Star Trek or Classic Doctor Who in terms of budget and sheer levels of camp. The practical effects are amazing - there are a few major characters who are puppets. There is definitely heavy gay subtext, but I'm not sure if there are any canon queer characters due to the show being from the 90s. All the main characters are as clearly bisexual as it is possible for them to be without outright saying it. Doesthedogdie says it doesn't have a sad ending. The episodes are about 50 minutes each.
I know someone already mentioned it, but Doctor Who is great. It's not always purely sci-fi, despite the space adventures, and each era has a slightly different vibe. There are dark moments, but the show overall stays pretty optimistic.
New Who has had canon queer characters right from the start in 2005 (pansexual man Jack Harkness being the most obvious early example), and the classic series has lots of gay subtext (the Doctor and the Master starting in the stories from the early 70s, the Doctor and Jamie in the 60s, Ace and her girlfriends in the 80s, etc). My favourite stories tend to be older ones from the 70s and 80s, but all the show's eras have their merits. If you don't like a certain season or Doctor, you can just skip around and try a different one. The easiest jumping-on point might be the beginning of the 2005 series, but if you have the patience for it the classic series is wonderful (just pick whatever Doctor's vibe you like best and start there). The classic series is serialised - each story is broken up into 25 minute episodes. New Who uses the modern standard of 45 minute stories.

I'm not very far into it yet, but Farscape is quite fun. It's a campy 90s sci-fi show with lots of cool practical effects, fun characters. It reminds me a bit of Star Wars in terms of setting, but feels more like Star Trek or Classic Doctor Who in terms of budget and sheer levels of camp. The practical effects are amazing - there are a few major characters who are puppets. There is definitely heavy gay subtext, but I'm not sure if there are any canon queer characters due to the show being from the 90s. All the main characters are as clearly bisexual as it is possible for them to be without outright saying it. Doesthedogdie says it doesn't have a sad ending. The episodes are about 50 minutes each.
Third/whatever-ing Doctor Who!
If you're not put off by bad special effects and cheesy acting, then I highly recommend starting with the episodes of the earliest classic Doctor you can find. Classic Who has a certain charm to it.
Third/whatever-ing Doctor Who!
If you're not put off by bad special effects and cheesy acting, then I highly recommend starting with the episodes of the earliest classic Doctor you can find. Classic Who has a certain charm to it.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
HIGHLY recommend Scavenger’s Reign. It’s an adult sci-fi animated show about being trapped on an alien planet with incredible worldbuilding, including creature and landscape designs. The visuals were probably my favorite part about it but the story is also very good too. For LGBT rep, one of the main characters is lesbian, too!
HIGHLY recommend Scavenger’s Reign. It’s an adult sci-fi animated show about being trapped on an alien planet with incredible worldbuilding, including creature and landscape designs. The visuals were probably my favorite part about it but the story is also very good too. For LGBT rep, one of the main characters is lesbian, too!
AqaqXxe.png
You've watched a lot of shows I like already but Centaurworld!! It's a bit childish but it gets really good in the second season imo haha - ik a few others have suggested it already but it's one of the best shows I've honestly watched istg
You've watched a lot of shows I like already but Centaurworld!! It's a bit childish but it gets really good in the second season imo haha - ik a few others have suggested it already but it's one of the best shows I've honestly watched istg
fLdYOuE.png
CAJaTcp.png
jBEX2Bu.png
mtHAEL4.png
ypcKWM0.png
QUIpVFE.png
63854030_kgIi5Vrtnqxwoag.png63854030_kgIi5Vrtnqxwoag.png

~** FLUFFERB **~

jbMLSIO.png
leo4ZYP.png
C3gPKb3.png
OrlEqVx.png
ll0CfnD.png
rUoKR6y.png
Definitely The Owl House since it seems to fit all of your likes (the episodes in the first two seasons are around 20 minutes though, the third season is made up of three 40 minute episodes), and it has a pretty good ending considering that it was cut short. The first few episodes in the first season are kind of meh in my opinion, but it really gets good in the second season! There’s also a lot of lgbtq characters :)
Definitely The Owl House since it seems to fit all of your likes (the episodes in the first two seasons are around 20 minutes though, the third season is made up of three 40 minute episodes), and it has a pretty good ending considering that it was cut short. The first few episodes in the first season are kind of meh in my opinion, but it really gets good in the second season! There’s also a lot of lgbtq characters :)
i3fHPMN.png
aC86tUH.png
tyEuRXe.png
Nl7xQPH.png
31mYbGr.gif
gYW0j5f.png
62L9xMb.gif
1 2