Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | don't cry because it's over...
smile because it happened.

but... why can't i do both?

the spring play that i was in just finished its last production a few hours ago, and it'll be my last performance with most of my theatre friend, and on tuesday, it'll be my last performance with most of my band friends (the seniors).
i cried at the end of the day, and it kind of got me thinking about the phrase "don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened," and i don't see why i can't do both. it was an emotional night with it being senior night (plus, we were performing a pretty serious play, The Outsiders), so obviously emotions were high.
sadness and crying are natural human responses, and sometimes it's nice to be able to be vulnerable/have them be vulnerable with you. it's okay to feel and show emotion. i'm so happy that i got to have that experience, and yes, i am also heartbroken that it's over, and i'm okay feeling that way.

tl;dr: it's okay to feel everything and be happy and sad.

does anyone have any experiences, thoughts, or comments about this? i feel like this is something i wanted to share and connect with people about.
smile because it happened.

but... why can't i do both?

the spring play that i was in just finished its last production a few hours ago, and it'll be my last performance with most of my theatre friend, and on tuesday, it'll be my last performance with most of my band friends (the seniors).
i cried at the end of the day, and it kind of got me thinking about the phrase "don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened," and i don't see why i can't do both. it was an emotional night with it being senior night (plus, we were performing a pretty serious play, The Outsiders), so obviously emotions were high.
sadness and crying are natural human responses, and sometimes it's nice to be able to be vulnerable/have them be vulnerable with you. it's okay to feel and show emotion. i'm so happy that i got to have that experience, and yes, i am also heartbroken that it's over, and i'm okay feeling that way.

tl;dr: it's okay to feel everything and be happy and sad.

does anyone have any experiences, thoughts, or comments about this? i feel like this is something i wanted to share and connect with people about.
wishlist
he/kit
xenogender
trans
transmasc

arospec
rosboy
gay
ace

catgender
Adorable Arcane Hatchery! you should listen to them... NOW!!! Coatl Swirls! semi-verbal
autistic
bird dad
please ping!!!
FR+2
Yep, both feelings at once is perfectly okay and of course normal! I've been explaining to my toddler recently "bittersweet moments" - usually his is leaving Nona's house. ;)

I like to think of my own endings as little baubles I've collected in my life's treasure hoard - even though I can't exactly experience that again, at least it's in my collection forever, and I can pull it down to look at and smile whenever I want!
Yep, both feelings at once is perfectly okay and of course normal! I've been explaining to my toddler recently "bittersweet moments" - usually his is leaving Nona's house. ;)

I like to think of my own endings as little baubles I've collected in my life's treasure hoard - even though I can't exactly experience that again, at least it's in my collection forever, and I can pull it down to look at and smile whenever I want!

71123971.png

Come visit my free hatchery, Leaves of Teahl, for pretty dragons,
or come order a Sushi Dragon!

84058838.png
I've definitely had my own journey with emotions and endings and other stuff. And people possibly invalidating them.

I'd just like to get the most unrelated point out the way first - one time I had a bit of a melt down because I was sick on my birthday. But at the end of the day life goes on and it doesn't discriminate against normal days and special days.

Toward the end of my previous term I had a different melt down for different reasons, mainly because my teachers weren't fully clear on what exactly was going on. And that day I was put down and frowned upon because upset on the last day of the term, and that the unit that I was getting upset in wasn't an animation unit DESPITE THE TEACHER ENDORSINGING ANIMATION WITHIN THE UNIT. And also the fact I was also harshly misinformed by my LSA. The person who put me down didn't apologise but the LSA did. I didn't work on that unit until.. probably a week after that day.

I don't get it. Why can't days just be days? The only thing that makes them special is the arbitrary stuff we add onto them.

Anyways, my last week of college is coming up, and I'm probably gonna cry, like when I left my previous school. Maybe a sprinkiling of dread like when the project that created my fake corporate brand ended. Man. Gonna miss everyone.

FYI: LSA = Learning Support Assistant.
I've definitely had my own journey with emotions and endings and other stuff. And people possibly invalidating them.

I'd just like to get the most unrelated point out the way first - one time I had a bit of a melt down because I was sick on my birthday. But at the end of the day life goes on and it doesn't discriminate against normal days and special days.

Toward the end of my previous term I had a different melt down for different reasons, mainly because my teachers weren't fully clear on what exactly was going on. And that day I was put down and frowned upon because upset on the last day of the term, and that the unit that I was getting upset in wasn't an animation unit DESPITE THE TEACHER ENDORSINGING ANIMATION WITHIN THE UNIT. And also the fact I was also harshly misinformed by my LSA. The person who put me down didn't apologise but the LSA did. I didn't work on that unit until.. probably a week after that day.

I don't get it. Why can't days just be days? The only thing that makes them special is the arbitrary stuff we add onto them.

Anyways, my last week of college is coming up, and I'm probably gonna cry, like when I left my previous school. Maybe a sprinkiling of dread like when the project that created my fake corporate brand ended. Man. Gonna miss everyone.

FYI: LSA = Learning Support Assistant.
bgGXGPE.png
LGvol4P.png
G8AyR6r.png
AaYNmEX.png
SYiQlxK.png
ZcE4a9h.png

wip sig pls bear with i'm new to this stuff
I can relate to the sadness it is when you finish a play. We recently preformed a Shakespeare play for a competition but didn't make it. That night home was really difficult, I can't imagine it for the seniors though. But I am also happy I did theater and meet those seniors. Right now the seniors are directing a play which makes everything a little happier. It will be extremely hard the last week of school though.

In golf, there is a senior I call "grandma" and I really love her (platonically). She has been there all year for me when I have needed old person advice. She said she'd try and come to all my golfing tournaments but she is going to collage so it will be hard. I remember us having a conversation about a choir concert coming up and she started crying because I told her I would sing my heart out for her. I almost cried too.

Basically every activity I am in I have elders and I can't begin to think how next year will go.

That is just life though. You make friends and stuff, have good moments that will last forever. It just can be sad whenever you have to find a "new normal" afterwards. I am happy I am getting older but I am sad I will not see those friends everyday.
I can relate to the sadness it is when you finish a play. We recently preformed a Shakespeare play for a competition but didn't make it. That night home was really difficult, I can't imagine it for the seniors though. But I am also happy I did theater and meet those seniors. Right now the seniors are directing a play which makes everything a little happier. It will be extremely hard the last week of school though.

In golf, there is a senior I call "grandma" and I really love her (platonically). She has been there all year for me when I have needed old person advice. She said she'd try and come to all my golfing tournaments but she is going to collage so it will be hard. I remember us having a conversation about a choir concert coming up and she started crying because I told her I would sing my heart out for her. I almost cried too.

Basically every activity I am in I have elders and I can't begin to think how next year will go.

That is just life though. You make friends and stuff, have good moments that will last forever. It just can be sad whenever you have to find a "new normal" afterwards. I am happy I am getting older but I am sad I will not see those friends everyday.
BJmjb0y.pngT45QsK.png T4G0l9.png
I understand both sides of this. I'm still sad over my last marching band season ending, even though it was a year and a half ago.
I understand both sides of this. I'm still sad over my last marching band season ending, even though it was a year and a half ago.
KNiDL_Star_Rod_sprite.png 7nrEOpT.png
bYt72YT.png
Zn1clbn.png
9vwqdfK.png
tyEuRXe.png
9R2Unq1.png
CeZAyqc.png
lA1sWNh.png
Collector of gen 1 aethers, imperial enjoyer, old dragon admirer, sprite/nymph adorer
KNiDL_Star_Rod_icon.png