Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What'cha playing? (video games)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
Been seeing posts asking what people are watching and reading, but I can't find anything for games. Sooooo I'm starting a forum.

I'll go first; Death Stranding: Directors Cut.

I. LOVE. IT. Super serene, weird, funny, and a little bit scary. It has a reputation for being a walking simulator, but it's really not. They put in a lot of mechanics for the travelling function, and hell sometimes I wish it was plain simple walking. It's also known for having a confusing plot, but not really..? It's definitely not like Mass Effect where you can ignore the codex/additional lore. It's pretty simple if you read the emails and journals that you get as the game goes on tho. Highly recommend it. And to any Mac users, it runs SUPER well. Been playing on an M1 macbook pro which is pretty baseline in terms of the pro laptops and I might as well have a flat PS5 with a keyboard with how it runs.

My backburner list is large atm, after this it's: Resident Evil 4 (remake), Fable, Dragon Age Origins, Assasin's Creed Odessy, Outer Wilds, SOMA, Star Wars Jedi (the one with red-head protag), and Divinity Original Sin 2.

(and Baldurs Gate 3 of course. but its too expensive rn)
Been seeing posts asking what people are watching and reading, but I can't find anything for games. Sooooo I'm starting a forum.

I'll go first; Death Stranding: Directors Cut.

I. LOVE. IT. Super serene, weird, funny, and a little bit scary. It has a reputation for being a walking simulator, but it's really not. They put in a lot of mechanics for the travelling function, and hell sometimes I wish it was plain simple walking. It's also known for having a confusing plot, but not really..? It's definitely not like Mass Effect where you can ignore the codex/additional lore. It's pretty simple if you read the emails and journals that you get as the game goes on tho. Highly recommend it. And to any Mac users, it runs SUPER well. Been playing on an M1 macbook pro which is pretty baseline in terms of the pro laptops and I might as well have a flat PS5 with a keyboard with how it runs.

My backburner list is large atm, after this it's: Resident Evil 4 (remake), Fable, Dragon Age Origins, Assasin's Creed Odessy, Outer Wilds, SOMA, Star Wars Jedi (the one with red-head protag), and Divinity Original Sin 2.

(and Baldurs Gate 3 of course. but its too expensive rn)
giphy.gif
She/her

@_dream.snail_ on instagram, checkout my art!
Death Stranding has a really cool concept and story imo, I love how strange and eldritch it feels. The way death is handled is so awesome and out there. I'm also an absolute sucker for walking across entire open worlds so the 'walking sim' part would actually appeal to me!
I hope you've been having fun with it :D

I've been super super into Elden Ring at the moment. I said I enjoy games with lots of scenic walking, this is one of them. Riding across the world on horseback is an absolute vibe...
The boss fights are a total blast, the lore and worldbuilding is one of my favs and the designs/soundtrack are glorious. I've been having so much fun, my brain is only Elden Ring.

My favourite boss happens to be the Godskin Noble, one of the most hated of all bosses. It's funny, I consistently seem to enjoy and adore fights in games that everyone else despises.
Black Diablos and Rajang from Monster Hunter World, now this! Gladly sitting in my 'enjoys hard painful fights' corner.
Death Stranding has a really cool concept and story imo, I love how strange and eldritch it feels. The way death is handled is so awesome and out there. I'm also an absolute sucker for walking across entire open worlds so the 'walking sim' part would actually appeal to me!
I hope you've been having fun with it :D

I've been super super into Elden Ring at the moment. I said I enjoy games with lots of scenic walking, this is one of them. Riding across the world on horseback is an absolute vibe...
The boss fights are a total blast, the lore and worldbuilding is one of my favs and the designs/soundtrack are glorious. I've been having so much fun, my brain is only Elden Ring.

My favourite boss happens to be the Godskin Noble, one of the most hated of all bosses. It's funny, I consistently seem to enjoy and adore fights in games that everyone else despises.
Black Diablos and Rajang from Monster Hunter World, now this! Gladly sitting in my 'enjoys hard painful fights' corner.
|Art Shop
SZ6yYcj.png
I recently bought Pokemon Sword, so aside from doing my Pokemon Cafe Remix dailies, I've been spending time on it.

I also have been playing Fallout Shelter on my PC because I have one stinkin' achievement left to get, and I'm not stopping until it's complete.

A game I want to play? Baldur's Gate 3, but since I'm going to a convention in May and need all the funds I can muster, I can't spend that kinda money right now, sigh.
I recently bought Pokemon Sword, so aside from doing my Pokemon Cafe Remix dailies, I've been spending time on it.

I also have been playing Fallout Shelter on my PC because I have one stinkin' achievement left to get, and I'm not stopping until it's complete.

A game I want to play? Baldur's Gate 3, but since I'm going to a convention in May and need all the funds I can muster, I can't spend that kinda money right now, sigh.
9iqeDz7.png
A friend was bored and was accepting recommendations, so naturally I forced him to play Slime Rancher, being a veteran and knowing the game extremely well, just to see how he'd react.

However, in exchange he's been forcing me through Factorio. Both of us are now highly addicted to each other's respective games. Every so often I'll see a steam notification of him playing Slime Rancher, lol.
A friend was bored and was accepting recommendations, so naturally I forced him to play Slime Rancher, being a veteran and knowing the game extremely well, just to see how he'd react.

However, in exchange he's been forcing me through Factorio. Both of us are now highly addicted to each other's respective games. Every so often I'll see a steam notification of him playing Slime Rancher, lol.
primarily ive been juggling rayman redemption (fan remake of the first rayman game) and rayman arena (gamecube) for a while now, really very fun games
primarily ive been juggling rayman redemption (fan remake of the first rayman game) and rayman arena (gamecube) for a while now, really very fun games
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
animal crossing new leaf and pokemon y, im having a love hate relationship with the latter like i knew the plot was lacking but i forgot just how lacking its kind of depressing... but i get to pet my pokemon so whatever.
animal crossing new leaf and pokemon y, im having a love hate relationship with the latter like i knew the plot was lacking but i forgot just how lacking its kind of depressing... but i get to pet my pokemon so whatever.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
Outer wilds and holy crap it’s scary. It’s honestly purely the atmosphere of the game
Outer wilds and holy crap it’s scary. It’s honestly purely the atmosphere of the game
bc9c8507869f3113339dc451b11e787a3cdce193.png
e7d3661fd609c8e0e30ed5683250eec94d379811.png
I haven't had much time for games lately, but I've been really enjoying Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX. I was a dummy and hadn't picked it up on release, but a while ago I went and got a copy secondhand and it was the best decision I have made gaming-wise since I got Legends Arceus.
there's just something about going back to a game that was half of my gaming childhood (I had the original Blue Rescue Team on DS) and revisiting it with all the knowledge and skills I have from playing the original so much, experiencing all the quality of life updates in this version, getting used to the updated mechanics... it feels so good. I missed having a chill-yet-challenging game that I could take with me on vacation and pick up whenever I have time for a short play session.
I haven't had much time for games lately, but I've been really enjoying Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX. I was a dummy and hadn't picked it up on release, but a while ago I went and got a copy secondhand and it was the best decision I have made gaming-wise since I got Legends Arceus.
there's just something about going back to a game that was half of my gaming childhood (I had the original Blue Rescue Team on DS) and revisiting it with all the knowledge and skills I have from playing the original so much, experiencing all the quality of life updates in this version, getting used to the updated mechanics... it feels so good. I missed having a chill-yet-challenging game that I could take with me on vacation and pick up whenever I have time for a short play session.
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
Just started playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses and it's SO FUN so far! I just won the battle of the Eagle and Lion so I'm not super far in yet.
I decided to start with the Golden Deer house because I liked Claude as soon as I met him and I feel like he's going to have a VERY interesting story arc. (I found out after I started playing that it's technically recommended to start with the Blue Lion house, but eh, I love my sweet kids in the Golden Deer house ^u^)
Just started playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses and it's SO FUN so far! I just won the battle of the Eagle and Lion so I'm not super far in yet.
I decided to start with the Golden Deer house because I liked Claude as soon as I met him and I feel like he's going to have a VERY interesting story arc. (I found out after I started playing that it's technically recommended to start with the Blue Lion house, but eh, I love my sweet kids in the Golden Deer house ^u^)
I'm playing Skyrim right now. It's really fun so far. I'm about 120 hours in and idk where I am in completion of the main story (just got the Elder Scroll) but I've been focusing more on side quests and leveling up which has been a blast. I have enjoyed it so much that I'm considering buying Morrowind + Oblivion when they go on sale.

I'm playing as an Argonian and focusing on one-handed + two-handed weapons though I'm also trying to level up my magical skills. My current favorite weapons are the Mace of Molag Bal + Ebony Greatsword (which has a health draining enchantment on it making it super useful).
I'm playing Skyrim right now. It's really fun so far. I'm about 120 hours in and idk where I am in completion of the main story (just got the Elder Scroll) but I've been focusing more on side quests and leveling up which has been a blast. I have enjoyed it so much that I'm considering buying Morrowind + Oblivion when they go on sale.

I'm playing as an Argonian and focusing on one-handed + two-handed weapons though I'm also trying to level up my magical skills. My current favorite weapons are the Mace of Molag Bal + Ebony Greatsword (which has a health draining enchantment on it making it super useful).
16032.png Unbred G1 doubles for sale

Characters for sale - 25% off
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15