Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | things you used to dislike and now like
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
Legit tomatoes. The texture was gross to me. The taste repulsed me. Tomato on burgers was a solid no. I couldn't even eat tomato heavy things like pasta sauce when I was younger (my mom literally had to coat spaghetti in only garlic butter just to get me to eat it!).

For some odd reason, one day when I was a teenager, I just wanted tomato on my burger because I was feeling adventurous that day. Brain clicked. I love tomatoes now. I now cannot eat burgers without them, and my favorite pasta sauce is anything tomato based! XD
Legit tomatoes. The texture was gross to me. The taste repulsed me. Tomato on burgers was a solid no. I couldn't even eat tomato heavy things like pasta sauce when I was younger (my mom literally had to coat spaghetti in only garlic butter just to get me to eat it!).

For some odd reason, one day when I was a teenager, I just wanted tomato on my burger because I was feeling adventurous that day. Brain clicked. I love tomatoes now. I now cannot eat burgers without them, and my favorite pasta sauce is anything tomato based! XD
HSWqWgZ.png
Dessert Skin shop! Grand Opening

(forum buddy by H0lyFoxx!)
qu9rWwx.png
mustard!! used to think it was so gross and hated how it made my sinuses feel.. not i love it, and all variations c:
mustard!! used to think it was so gross and hated how it made my sinuses feel.. not i love it, and all variations c:
rRFsVIp.gif

molls
she/her
est +3:00
most foods tbh

i was super picky growing up
but as an adult, i started retrying things since tastebuds change

did a 180 on a ton:
sushi
cabbage
diced tomatoes
squash
almonds
ranch
goat cheese
lamb

and honestly so many more
there's still a handful of things i don't like even after trying 2 or 3 times, but i love food sm now lol
most foods tbh

i was super picky growing up
but as an adult, i started retrying things since tastebuds change

did a 180 on a ton:
sushi
cabbage
diced tomatoes
squash
almonds
ranch
goat cheese
lamb

and honestly so many more
there's still a handful of things i don't like even after trying 2 or 3 times, but i love food sm now lol
6uaN3MO.png kiNdaIf.png
fidelitas ad familiam. fidelitas ad Matriarch.
a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical company located in the center of the light district.

I've been known to eat big bowls of (caramelized) onions for lunch. I even enjoy a mushroom coffee once in a while. XD

I also used to hate peppers (everything from bell to spicy varieties) and wouldn't eat anything that had them as an ingredient.
Nowadays I'm still not overly fond of the flavour on its own, but I don't mind them when they're in certain dishes!
(The only exception is chipotle. I still absolutely despise that flavour. XD)
Foods I hated as a kid, but enjoy as an adult: mushrooms, onions, coffee.

I've been known to eat big bowls of (caramelized) onions for lunch. I even enjoy a mushroom coffee once in a while. XD

I also used to hate peppers (everything from bell to spicy varieties) and wouldn't eat anything that had them as an ingredient.
Nowadays I'm still not overly fond of the flavour on its own, but I don't mind them when they're in certain dishes!
(The only exception is chipotle. I still absolutely despise that flavour. XD)
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Olives, lol. I used to hate them but now I will eat them straight out of the jar.

For a non food thing, wearing jewelry. I used to be a major tomboy who hated jewelry but now I think its a lot of fun to wear some silly accessories, and there's a lot of non feminine jewelry out there anyways so
Olives, lol. I used to hate them but now I will eat them straight out of the jar.

For a non food thing, wearing jewelry. I used to be a major tomboy who hated jewelry but now I think its a lot of fun to wear some silly accessories, and there's a lot of non feminine jewelry out there anyways so
jCVhFoZ.gif
Cauliflower. Wouldn’t touch it when I was younger. Don’t know if it was something about the texture or what…just did not want anything to do with it.

Now though? I love it. Cauliflower cheese, curried, roasted…yes please.
Cauliflower. Wouldn’t touch it when I was younger. Don’t know if it was something about the texture or what…just did not want anything to do with it.

Now though? I love it. Cauliflower cheese, curried, roasted…yes please.
Haha, believe it or not, anime/manga!! I used to hate it as a young tween/teen. Mostly the art aspect, because I was very into high realism art and wanted to draw one day where my "art looked like photographs" when I was young. I would post my art and it would be ignored for anime style artwork and other stylized artwork. So I started hating anime! I decided it was (without watching any anime or reading any manga or trying to understand) a "lame attempt and refusal to try and make realistic art." I was salty and bitter as hell over it lol!! So I just decided I hated all of it. Regardless of plot, theme, style, content, doesn't that suck??

Then, I grew older, and learned a lot more about art and expression and styles, and became much more open-minded and not stuck in my older immature views and opinions. I love anime now! Honestly, some of the most beautiful artwork I've seen has been in anime and manga. The skill it takes to make animals, creatures, and people where they look like what you are representing in a believable way and are also stylized and pleasing to look at is no joke! It's really sad how many good shows I refused to watch or acknowledge just because they were "anime". Most of my favorite shows nowadays are anime!
Haha, believe it or not, anime/manga!! I used to hate it as a young tween/teen. Mostly the art aspect, because I was very into high realism art and wanted to draw one day where my "art looked like photographs" when I was young. I would post my art and it would be ignored for anime style artwork and other stylized artwork. So I started hating anime! I decided it was (without watching any anime or reading any manga or trying to understand) a "lame attempt and refusal to try and make realistic art." I was salty and bitter as hell over it lol!! So I just decided I hated all of it. Regardless of plot, theme, style, content, doesn't that suck??

Then, I grew older, and learned a lot more about art and expression and styles, and became much more open-minded and not stuck in my older immature views and opinions. I love anime now! Honestly, some of the most beautiful artwork I've seen has been in anime and manga. The skill it takes to make animals, creatures, and people where they look like what you are representing in a believable way and are also stylized and pleasing to look at is no joke! It's really sad how many good shows I refused to watch or acknowledge just because they were "anime". Most of my favorite shows nowadays are anime!
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

[quote name="Flufferb" date="2024-02-22 22:28:29" ] Back in like 2019 to 2021 I thought rollercoasters were TERRIFYING, I distinctly remember going on the Dragon at Legoland in 2019 and thinking it was the scariest thing ever I also recall myself saying I was never going to go on the Smiler in 2021 Now I love rollercoasters, have been on the Smiler twice and it's my favourite ride Funny how that works out [/quote] [s]SMILER MENTION[/s] I'm exactly this way! When I was little I was terrified of any roller coaster more intense than Disney's Thunder Mountain Railroad (Space Mountain SCARED me, hehehe!!) About a year ago during Spring Break, my school went on a trip to Orlando and I was pretty much hopping coaster to coaster at the Disney parks (I had a disability pass for my autism so I got a lot out of my trip) since they're milder. Then, on the final day, we went to Universal, and I was dared to go on the Velocicoaster, with the consequence of rejecting the dare being that if anyone in our little three person group chickened out, they paid for the others' dinner. Turns out that these days, I LOVE thrill coasters, and as a result I got to go to Cedar Point and ride big thrill coasters all day for my birthday! I would absolutely love to ride The Smiler because it looks so fun with all those inversions, but I have to save up a lot of money for an international flight :P
Flufferb wrote on 2024-02-22 22:28:29:
Back in like 2019 to 2021 I thought rollercoasters were TERRIFYING, I distinctly remember going on the Dragon at Legoland in 2019 and thinking it was the scariest thing ever

I also recall myself saying I was never going to go on the Smiler in 2021

Now I love rollercoasters, have been on the Smiler twice and it's my favourite ride

Funny how that works out

SMILER MENTION I'm exactly this way! When I was little I was terrified of any roller coaster more intense than Disney's Thunder Mountain Railroad (Space Mountain SCARED me, hehehe!!)
About a year ago during Spring Break, my school went on a trip to Orlando and I was pretty much hopping coaster to coaster at the Disney parks (I had a disability pass for my autism so I got a lot out of my trip) since they're milder.
Then, on the final day, we went to Universal, and I was dared to go on the Velocicoaster, with the consequence of rejecting the dare being that if anyone in our little three person group chickened out, they paid for the others' dinner. Turns out that these days, I LOVE thrill coasters, and as a result I got to go to Cedar Point and ride big thrill coasters all day for my birthday! I would absolutely love to ride The Smiler because it looks so fun with all those inversions, but I have to save up a lot of money for an international flight :P
KNiDL_Star_Rod_sprite.png 7nrEOpT.png
bYt72YT.png
Zn1clbn.png
9vwqdfK.png
tyEuRXe.png
9R2Unq1.png
CeZAyqc.png
lA1sWNh.png
Collector of gen 1 aethers, imperial enjoyer, old dragon admirer, sprite/nymph adorer
KNiDL_Star_Rod_icon.png
oh i LOVE oranges.. glad you've seen the light <3 /j

i used to really dislike instrumental music but a year or so ago i felt an itch with my music taste (couldn't find anything new that was hitting right) and i branched out into instrumentals and video game soundtracks even though i'm not really a video game guy and i LOVE SOUNDTRACKS I LOVE SCORES I LOVE THEMATIC MUSIC !!!!!
oh i LOVE oranges.. glad you've seen the light <3 /j

i used to really dislike instrumental music but a year or so ago i felt an itch with my music taste (couldn't find anything new that was hitting right) and i branched out into instrumentals and video game soundtracks even though i'm not really a video game guy and i LOVE SOUNDTRACKS I LOVE SCORES I LOVE THEMATIC MUSIC !!!!!
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Sailor
she/he
milkchai-cacat.png
mayonnaise and sour cream
I am a picky eater #AuDHD so I get really in my head about not liking foods kinda arbitrarily (if I find out something has mustard in it, even if I was previously enjoying it, it is suddenly digusting).
but every so often I can be 'tricked' in trying and enjoying a food I don't like
mayo came from a friend insisting it was required for BLTS, her favorite sandwich. BLTS are now my favorite sandwich and I do in fact like mayo
Sour cream disgusts me in concept but my sister and I did hello fresh for about a year (and then it got even more expensive LOL) and they love just having u mix sour cream with like lime. just all the time. and something about it having lime added in like fixed it in. my brain.
I still can't convince my brain to have it that often tho LOL
mayonnaise and sour cream
I am a picky eater #AuDHD so I get really in my head about not liking foods kinda arbitrarily (if I find out something has mustard in it, even if I was previously enjoying it, it is suddenly digusting).
but every so often I can be 'tricked' in trying and enjoying a food I don't like
mayo came from a friend insisting it was required for BLTS, her favorite sandwich. BLTS are now my favorite sandwich and I do in fact like mayo
Sour cream disgusts me in concept but my sister and I did hello fresh for about a year (and then it got even more expensive LOL) and they love just having u mix sour cream with like lime. just all the time. and something about it having lime added in like fixed it in. my brain.
I still can't convince my brain to have it that often tho LOL
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12