Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Discord finally did it
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
ok i've discovered now that postimg resizes my images very weirdly especially since i draw on a pretty small canvas, what sites are out there that won't make my images larger for some reason?

i keep seeing recommendations for filegarden but there's 0 information on the site itself, not sure how im supposed to find out if its a good image host that way. no never mind you can look at other people's galleries and my browser is flagging the site im not touching that with a 10 foot pole.

maybe i shouldn't have deleted my postimg account without looking around first literally every other site has issues...
ok i've discovered now that postimg resizes my images very weirdly especially since i draw on a pretty small canvas, what sites are out there that won't make my images larger for some reason?

i keep seeing recommendations for filegarden but there's 0 information on the site itself, not sure how im supposed to find out if its a good image host that way. no never mind you can look at other people's galleries and my browser is flagging the site im not touching that with a 10 foot pole.

maybe i shouldn't have deleted my postimg account without looking around first literally every other site has issues...
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
Yeah. Discord is not an image host, and people were hotlinking tens of thousands of images for free. I'm not surprised that they had to do this. It would've been costing them a non-insignificant amount to "host" all of that. [quote name="oxen" date="2024-02-11 11:00:17" ] like this: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1051210108111171675/1204488971292381224/small.png[/img] [/quote] Nope, that example image is busted.
Yeah. Discord is not an image host, and people were hotlinking tens of thousands of images for free. I'm not surprised that they had to do this. It would've been costing them a non-insignificant amount to "host" all of that.

oxen wrote on 2024-02-11 11:00:17:

like this:

small.png

Nope, that example image is busted.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
unfortunate but expected :') i will have to make sure i have all my commissioned art saved before the inevitable happens

i suggest just moving to filegarden in this case, it's very easy to use and it's got folders for organizing.
unfortunate but expected :') i will have to make sure i have all my commissioned art saved before the inevitable happens

i suggest just moving to filegarden in this case, it's very easy to use and it's got folders for organizing.
sincerely, june (i use she/they pronouns!)it's a cow skating
[quote name="Zenzic" date="2024-02-11 11:16:16" ] [quote name="oxen" date="2024-02-11 11:00:17" ] like this: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1051210108111171675/1204488971292381224/small.png[/img] [/quote] Nope, that example image is busted. [/quote] [center][font=calibri] oh yeah when i cleared my cache it broke. oh well, time to go back to imgur i guess
Zenzic wrote on 2024-02-11 11:16:16:
oxen wrote on 2024-02-11 11:00:17:

like this:

small.png

Nope, that example image is busted.

oh yeah when i cleared my cache it broke. oh well, time to go back to imgur i guess
                        guoaaAZ.gif      o x e n  » he / they  |  » fr + 9

links and stuff ::

» auction service
» uma sales
» g1 sales
       » wishlist
» pixels
[quote name="@TacoTequila" date="2024-02-11 11:23:13" ] @/NefariousKing & @/Fishes ImgBB.com is a good hosting site. I have been using it for a good couple of years now without issue. [/quote] Thank you so much! Seems to work perfect. ^^
@TacoTequila wrote on 2024-02-11 11:23:13:
@/NefariousKing & @/Fishes ImgBB.com is a good hosting site. I have been using it for a good couple of years now without issue.

Thank you so much! Seems to work perfect. ^^
bantam-Fanger.png
NefariousKing #221629

FR+2 | Bestiary Completionist
small dragon banner by Caprexes
@TacoTequila yeah im trying to sign up, really frustrating that none of these sites have basic information up front. imgbb looks like it sucks too but i don't really have other options right now. just for anyone else reading, it looks like you can upload other people's content but you need permission and i don't know if that would include something like a screencap or something silly like a tierlist upload or something. also minors can't join, the site will actively nuke your account if they find out.

its still making my images large!! im going to lose my mind!!!
@TacoTequila yeah im trying to sign up, really frustrating that none of these sites have basic information up front. imgbb looks like it sucks too but i don't really have other options right now. just for anyone else reading, it looks like you can upload other people's content but you need permission and i don't know if that would include something like a screencap or something silly like a tierlist upload or something. also minors can't join, the site will actively nuke your account if they find out.

its still making my images large!! im going to lose my mind!!!
@bulrush How small of an image are you trying to upload? With postimages, I've been able to upload images that are 100x100 pixels and haven't had any resizing issues. It previews slightly larger on the page it gives me first with the options for direct links etc, but when viewed directly it's fine. Is it possible that you selected one of the resize image presets that it uses? [img alt="A screenshot of Postimages upload resize options."]https://i.postimg.cc/HkjTKxLh/image.png[/img] If it's still giving you issues I'm sorry, I hope you're able to find an image host that does work for you! [emoji=bogsneak sad size=1] My canvases are usually very large so I haven't noticed that being an issue before on my end.
@bulrush How small of an image are you trying to upload? With postimages, I've been able to upload images that are 100x100 pixels and haven't had any resizing issues. It previews slightly larger on the page it gives me first with the options for direct links etc, but when viewed directly it's fine. Is it possible that you selected one of the resize image presets that it uses?

A screenshot of Postimages upload resize options.

If it's still giving you issues I'm sorry, I hope you're able to find an image host that does work for you! My canvases are usually very large so I haven't noticed that being an issue before on my end.
A Light Flight branded Shaker Bottle with a chocolate protein shake inside. This is the NYNG general participation Badge. A gold arrow/moon divider by dreamingcity.
Cronch
FRT+1 | He/Him
A Magnesium Amphiptere (Desert variant) from Dragon Cave.A male Pillow Dragon from Dragon Cave.
@Cronch i think i might be having a misunderstanding here of my own, every image i've been uploading looks larger than it does when i have it open in paint but this has only been noticeable to me since my most recent image is 472x495 and its not being automatically shrunk by the post size. honestly this is all very new to me as someone who only ever uploaded art on websites meant for it like deviantart and tumblr and also hasn't touched an art program in who knows how long (5 or more years i think). im getting overly frustrated which im sorry about the internet is just starting to feel overly complex and hostile as of late and im just trying to reengage with a hobby i dropped years ago >.<
@Cronch i think i might be having a misunderstanding here of my own, every image i've been uploading looks larger than it does when i have it open in paint but this has only been noticeable to me since my most recent image is 472x495 and its not being automatically shrunk by the post size. honestly this is all very new to me as someone who only ever uploaded art on websites meant for it like deviantart and tumblr and also hasn't touched an art program in who knows how long (5 or more years i think). im getting overly frustrated which im sorry about the internet is just starting to feel overly complex and hostile as of late and im just trying to reengage with a hobby i dropped years ago >.<
@bulrush It's okay! This stuff takes time to learn and image compression issues are a classic art problem, it's definitely not helped by so many sites getting worse to use. I made this really quickly to show how to get the properly sized image. I hope it helps!

When you upload an image on Postimages it puts a little preview in the corner. If you use the "direct link" option, it'll take you to one that is the size you intended it as as long as you didn't choose one of Postimage's resize options.

A screenshot of Postimages, with arrows pointing to an incorrecrtly sized image preview and the link that provides the correct size.

This image is 100x100!

A dragon saying hi.

While making this I also got an example of the reverse situation, where a very large image appears small. The same thing applies with the direct link giving the correct size. This was for the full page example!

The 'upload completed' screen on Postimages. The preview image is much smaller than the actual image size.
@bulrush It's okay! This stuff takes time to learn and image compression issues are a classic art problem, it's definitely not helped by so many sites getting worse to use. I made this really quickly to show how to get the properly sized image. I hope it helps!

When you upload an image on Postimages it puts a little preview in the corner. If you use the "direct link" option, it'll take you to one that is the size you intended it as as long as you didn't choose one of Postimage's resize options.

A screenshot of Postimages, with arrows pointing to an incorrecrtly sized image preview and the link that provides the correct size.

This image is 100x100!

A dragon saying hi.

While making this I also got an example of the reverse situation, where a very large image appears small. The same thing applies with the direct link giving the correct size. This was for the full page example!

The 'upload completed' screen on Postimages. The preview image is much smaller than the actual image size.
A Light Flight branded Shaker Bottle with a chocolate protein shake inside. This is the NYNG general participation Badge. A gold arrow/moon divider by dreamingcity.
Cronch
FRT+1 | He/Him
A Magnesium Amphiptere (Desert variant) from Dragon Cave.A male Pillow Dragon from Dragon Cave.
@Cronch no it does help thank you, its good to know that simply linking to the image helps preserve the quality (and that im even allowed to do it i don't want to subject someone to a site with ads). i guess we'll all learn to adapt as more sites shut down, its a big blow to a site like this where creatives are very drawn to and have created tons of free to use art and such.
@Cronch no it does help thank you, its good to know that simply linking to the image helps preserve the quality (and that im even allowed to do it i don't want to subject someone to a site with ads). i guess we'll all learn to adapt as more sites shut down, its a big blow to a site like this where creatives are very drawn to and have created tons of free to use art and such.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9