Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Monster Hunter?
1 2 3 4 5 6
I've loved MH for SO long and I just want to know what some of yalls favourite monsters, weapons, and games are!

My absolute favourite monsters are
Gogmazios From 4 Ultimate
Amatsu from MH 3
Gaismagorm from Rise SB
And good ol Tobi Kadachi from World!

Please fuel my delusion and talk MH with me
I've loved MH for SO long and I just want to know what some of yalls favourite monsters, weapons, and games are!

My absolute favourite monsters are
Gogmazios From 4 Ultimate
Amatsu from MH 3
Gaismagorm from Rise SB
And good ol Tobi Kadachi from World!

Please fuel my delusion and talk MH with me
71530382_VVWyLrwQUYXiRP9.png
I've been playing since Monster Hunter Freedom 2! I think my favorites are 4U and GU, with World being my least favorite in the series. I've played both Stories, too!

My faves are...well hmm, a lot of them!

Nargacuga, Rathian, Dodogama (because he's just a blorbo), Ahtal Ka, and Mizutsune!
I've been playing since Monster Hunter Freedom 2! I think my favorites are 4U and GU, with World being my least favorite in the series. I've played both Stories, too!

My faves are...well hmm, a lot of them!

Nargacuga, Rathian, Dodogama (because he's just a blorbo), Ahtal Ka, and Mizutsune!
tumblr_inline_mjvop8mMef1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_md2y0qnWDS1qk1or3.gif
Hello, fellow hunters!

I started playing MH back in 2017 with Monster Hunter Stories. Since then I've played 4U, Iceborne, Sunbreak, Stories 2 and most recently now. I have also found a used copy of 3U but my 3DS is hiding from me ;_;

My favourites Rathians, especially the pink ones. I even got a plush one sitting next to me right now. I am also fond of Kushala Daora (he can be very mean but I love him anyways), Lagiacrus, Shagaru Magala and Diablos.

I like playing insect glaive and great sword even though I used to hate slow weapons
Hello, fellow hunters!

I started playing MH back in 2017 with Monster Hunter Stories. Since then I've played 4U, Iceborne, Sunbreak, Stories 2 and most recently now. I have also found a used copy of 3U but my 3DS is hiding from me ;_;

My favourites Rathians, especially the pink ones. I even got a plush one sitting next to me right now. I am also fond of Kushala Daora (he can be very mean but I love him anyways), Lagiacrus, Shagaru Magala and Diablos.

I like playing insect glaive and great sword even though I used to hate slow weapons
coH7AEL.png
MUYNhfy.pngdEe2UrM.png
I'd be happy to talk Monster Hunter!

My first monster hunter game was monster hunter stories, where for some reason, I found khezu to be my favourite monster.

But since I've learned more about monster hunter, and payed a few games... I think my favourites are Kulu-Ya-Ku, that monkey with the big ears and uh... Paolumu?

I'm pretty tunnel vision because the only games from the series I've really played are Gen 5 stuff. I've found the older gen games I've played (3U and 4U) hard to get into because jank and stuff. My favourites, in order of liking, is rise (played most) World (scared of facing odogaron) and 4U. Rise was my first proper monhun game!

Personally, my favourite close-range weapon is Dual Blades, my favourite long range being Light Bowgun. But I'm experimenting with other weapon types, attempting to main Switch Axe for World/Iceborne!
I'd be happy to talk Monster Hunter!

My first monster hunter game was monster hunter stories, where for some reason, I found khezu to be my favourite monster.

But since I've learned more about monster hunter, and payed a few games... I think my favourites are Kulu-Ya-Ku, that monkey with the big ears and uh... Paolumu?

I'm pretty tunnel vision because the only games from the series I've really played are Gen 5 stuff. I've found the older gen games I've played (3U and 4U) hard to get into because jank and stuff. My favourites, in order of liking, is rise (played most) World (scared of facing odogaron) and 4U. Rise was my first proper monhun game!

Personally, my favourite close-range weapon is Dual Blades, my favourite long range being Light Bowgun. But I'm experimenting with other weapon types, attempting to main Switch Axe for World/Iceborne!
bgGXGPE.png
LGvol4P.png
G8AyR6r.png
AaYNmEX.png
SYiQlxK.png
ZcE4a9h.png

wip sig pls bear with i'm new to this stuff
Yes! Monster Hunter! Great stuff. Not only are the games fun, but really makes it for me is how natural the world feels. Each creature is a believeble part of it in its own way.
I've played 3U, GenU, World, Rise, both Stories, and Now.

Favourite monster is glavenus. I like brute wyverns on general, they're all good (and one of my only gripes with Rise is that there are too few of them), and glavenus is just cool. Firebreathing Carnotaurus with a sword tail, it doesn't get much more metal than that.

Favourite weapon is an easy one too. Swords are cool. Axes are cool. Transforming things are cool. Explosions are cool. I think you see the clear winner here. Also: Sidestep!
Special shoutout to Arial Hunting Style in GenU and full Rapid Morph in Rise,both of which turn the switch axe experience ridiculus in the best way possible.
I love this stupid weapon too damn much.

Also, let's get a tiny bit of self promotion in this thread: I've written a short story collection giving a tiny glimpse in what the life of the monsters may look like. At the time of writing this, there are only three stories (writing Splatoon fics has me currently in a chokehold) about glavenus, tobi-kadachi and odogaron, but more are planned.
Yes! Monster Hunter! Great stuff. Not only are the games fun, but really makes it for me is how natural the world feels. Each creature is a believeble part of it in its own way.
I've played 3U, GenU, World, Rise, both Stories, and Now.

Favourite monster is glavenus. I like brute wyverns on general, they're all good (and one of my only gripes with Rise is that there are too few of them), and glavenus is just cool. Firebreathing Carnotaurus with a sword tail, it doesn't get much more metal than that.

Favourite weapon is an easy one too. Swords are cool. Axes are cool. Transforming things are cool. Explosions are cool. I think you see the clear winner here. Also: Sidestep!
Special shoutout to Arial Hunting Style in GenU and full Rapid Morph in Rise,both of which turn the switch axe experience ridiculus in the best way possible.
I love this stupid weapon too damn much.

Also, let's get a tiny bit of self promotion in this thread: I've written a short story collection giving a tiny glimpse in what the life of the monsters may look like. At the time of writing this, there are only three stories (writing Splatoon fics has me currently in a chokehold) about glavenus, tobi-kadachi and odogaron, but more are planned.
so far the only game ive played is rise but i can say that rathalos is 100% currently my favorite monster(in general i like any of the dragon-like monsters), and the charge blade is my favorite weapon to play(and i like swords in general)
so far the only game ive played is rise but i can say that rathalos is 100% currently my favorite monster(in general i like any of the dragon-like monsters), and the charge blade is my favorite weapon to play(and i like swords in general)
frogge3_resz.png corgisinger.png dXPE3wF.png LEpJMnn.png ZbNAjCO.png Tl1dGxE.png tqGkHih.png
Z0DR4mq.png
e12L4xz.png
Oh I'm a big monster hunter fan! I've been playing since 4U but the latest game I've played is World bc money lol.

I like a lot of the monsters but my favorites are Nargacuga, Namielle, and Gore Magala. Not technically a monster but I love how cute palicos are, especially in World!

I'm a sword and shield main. I originally picked it up because its easy but I got so used to it and love how it does both blunt and slicing damage.
Oh I'm a big monster hunter fan! I've been playing since 4U but the latest game I've played is World bc money lol.

I like a lot of the monsters but my favorites are Nargacuga, Namielle, and Gore Magala. Not technically a monster but I love how cute palicos are, especially in World!

I'm a sword and shield main. I originally picked it up because its easy but I got so used to it and love how it does both blunt and slicing damage.
She/Her 24
Big Dragon Nerd
I only ever get obsessed with media that's at least 10 years old for some reason.
Artist and Writer
I don't play MH these days (felt boring while playing MHW and it changed a lot from MH4G/Cross, so lost interest) but still love the monsters c: Love their designs!
Willing to try stories if it's good tho. MH but pokemon? yes xD

My fav monsters are murder kitty Narga, goodest boi Zino, stinky fibsh Hazak and beautiful mothkitty Lunastra c: L A M P
I don't play MH these days (felt boring while playing MHW and it changed a lot from MH4G/Cross, so lost interest) but still love the monsters c: Love their designs!
Willing to try stories if it's good tho. MH but pokemon? yes xD

My fav monsters are murder kitty Narga, goodest boi Zino, stinky fibsh Hazak and beautiful mothkitty Lunastra c: L A M P
WHERE HER DREAMS END >
Unite we stand, divide we fall
| WD/WHDE | ~Plague~ | Any Pronounce | FRT+17(GMT+9) |

| ART SHOP | ACCENT SHOP | HATCHERY | feel free to ping!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
8c05f7199b7e3138b1bd09794101984bae36928e.png
Monster Hunter World was the only game I ever played(I do need to go back, grinding elder dragon gems man) and it is my favorite because I am biased

My favorite weapon/main is SnS, never found out how to use Insect Glaive and no other weapons appealed to me, I like to be fast, plus uppercutting a monster in the face with the shield is so much fun

Favorite monsters(from small to large to elder) are Wulgs, Legiana, Odogaron, Namielle, and Shara Ishvalda
Monster Hunter World was the only game I ever played(I do need to go back, grinding elder dragon gems man) and it is my favorite because I am biased

My favorite weapon/main is SnS, never found out how to use Insect Glaive and no other weapons appealed to me, I like to be fast, plus uppercutting a monster in the face with the shield is so much fun

Favorite monsters(from small to large to elder) are Wulgs, Legiana, Odogaron, Namielle, and Shara Ishvalda
Did somebody say “Monster Hunter”?[emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=special eyes size=1] My first game was Tri on the Wii, and I’ve played 3U, 4U, Generations, Generations Ultimate, Rise/Sunbreak, and both Stories. Haven’t played World since I don’t have a Xbox, PlayStation or PC. Out of all of them, 4U and Rise have to be my favorite games. 4U has a fantastic plot/storyline, and Rise/Sunbreak because I’m in love with the whole Eastern vs Western aesthetic and style the two regions have. Also, Rise has Palamutes, the goodness bois you’ve ever seen! My favorite monsters are Great Wroggi, Gore and Shagaru Magala, Mizutsune, Tobi Kadachi, Amastumagatsuchi (yes, I’m putting the whole name), Lagiacrus, Najarala, and the Raths. My favorite weapons are Dual Blades, Gunlance, and Light Bowgun. Insect glaives too, but I haven’t yet used them in Rise since I’m not used to it.
Did somebody say “Monster Hunter”?

My first game was Tri on the Wii, and I’ve played 3U, 4U, Generations, Generations Ultimate, Rise/Sunbreak, and both Stories. Haven’t played World since I don’t have a Xbox, PlayStation or PC. Out of all of them, 4U and Rise have to be my favorite games. 4U has a fantastic plot/storyline, and Rise/Sunbreak because I’m in love with the whole Eastern vs Western aesthetic and style the two regions have. Also, Rise has Palamutes, the goodness bois you’ve ever seen!

My favorite monsters are Great Wroggi, Gore and Shagaru Magala, Mizutsune, Tobi Kadachi, Amastumagatsuchi (yes, I’m putting the whole name), Lagiacrus, Najarala, and the Raths.

My favorite weapons are Dual Blades, Gunlance, and Light Bowgun. Insect glaives too, but I haven’t yet used them in Rise since I’m not used to it.
D4LiygC.png
1 2 3 4 5 6